Home Engineering Room
Options

Facebook doesn't work

n31fjqsakqcn.png
The problem started yesterday.
Windows 10 chrome.
Does work in firefox on the same pc though.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you double check that Chrome did not switch to : 3rd party cookies not allowed?
    Did Chrome update recently?
  • Options
    I'm dutch. There isn't an option to for third party cookies. Not one that litterly transalte to it.
    I think te option for me is called 'indirect cookies'. But it's switched off, which if judging from the description should be switched off.

And now you mention it, it did recently update. Toke me some searching to find out when, but the last update was 27/02/2020. But i do think it worked right after the update. But it is possible i did not restart my pc till i started having the facebook issue.

I choose posting on the forum instead of Customer service, because i saw another person in a facebook group with the same problem. I'm sure there'll be others.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is fine.
    It might help other players and it will help to identify if it is an issue with the latest chrome update.
    If you do not want to allow all "indirect cookies" which I understand, you could try to allow cookies for the game, so for disruptorbeam.com
  • Options
    I think there's a miscommunication, from what i understand from the options descriptions is:
    i must switch it off to allow third party cookies. I'll try swithing to option on, but i don't hink it'll help.

EDIT:
    n9drg073drg7.png
    I'm getting this now. but both the play game button as the link game button end in my first screenshot.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok sorry, I did indeed misunderstood earlier.

There is nothing much I can offer right now as I do not know what is causing this.
    All we know is that it may be related to the latest Chrome and that is not much to go on at this time.

I am glad that it works normally in Firefox.
  • Options
    Also having this same issue, just starting today in Chrome (Firefox also works okay).
  • Options
    Hello,
    I doesn't work for me on chrome, firefox or Edge (windows 10). The game stops loading at "Priming spore drive".
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Same problem for me as well. Getting stuck at "Priming Spore Drive". Block Third Party cookies if OFF.

EDIT: Tried both Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10; neither working.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Confirmed ... Facebook Gameroojm , 2 different devices . not working

Steam and WindowsApp version do work.
  • Options
    I am having the same issue with both Firefox and Chrome using Facebook to access the game. The screen loads and then is stuck at Priming Spore Drive. Reload and the same again, so cannot get into the game.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also having this same issue, just starting today in Chrome (Firefox also works okay).

Did chrome just update for you as well?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oyamaneko wrote: »
    Hello,
    I doesn't work for me on chrome, firefox or Edge (windows 10). The game stops loading at "Priming spore drive".

This sounds like a different issue, please contact our support team via https://sttsupport.disruptorbeam.com
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Hello,

This sounds like a different issue, please contact our support team via https://sttsupport.disruptorbeam.com

Actually I experience this too, we are looking into it.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.
    (I have already sent an issue to your support team, by the way)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot.
    (I have already sent an issue to your support team, by the way)

OK that has been resolved now, please try again :)
  • Options
    Indeed, it is fixed.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    I confirm the game is working for me as well using Facebook Gameroom
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Yeah, looks like it's the latest version (Version 80.0.3987.132) that just rolled out yesterday.
    I did double check, and "Block third-party cookies" is not enabled.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, looks like it's the latest version (Version 80.0.3987.132) that just rolled out yesterday.
    I did double check, and "Block third-party cookies" is not enabled.

I have the same version (x64).
    It works fine for me unless I enable "Block third-party cookies".
    Do you have any specific extensions on your browser?
  • Options
    Basically just AdBlock. I tried pausing on the FB STT site but that also did not work.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically just AdBlock. I tried pausing on the FB STT site but that also did not work.

I do not have more suggestion at this time unfortunately.
    Please do send out a ticket to our Support Team so we may ask you for more details and track this issue.

You could try another browser also, or another platform such as Steam or the windows 10 app.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 years now, still can't logon with Facebook. MacOSX, 5 different browsers, tried all cookie options, just loops around and around at the login page forever...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    It doesn't work, even with adblock disabled.
    I have adblock on my firefox as well and there it works just fine.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 years now, still can't logon with Facebook. MacOSX, 5 different browsers, tried all cookie options, just loops around and around at the login page forever...

Four years?
    If this is correct and it does not work on any browser, I feel it has something to do with something else on your computer.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't work, even with adblock disabled.
    I have adblock on my firefox as well and there it works just fine.

I am glad it works on Firefox.
    We have not changed things on our end.
    Please submit a ticket so we can keep track of the players affected but understand that the representatives will likely not have an immediate solution either.

Any additional details you could provide could potentially help so do not hesitate.
    If you are using Windows 10 it might be worth to check Windows Security settings just in case.
  • Options
    Just started having this kind of problem today. Using a Chromebook, so Chrome is my only option (Sorry!). I get a different sign in page, rather than have it start immediately. It asks for my DBID, which I usually don't get. It offers a Facebook login link, as well, which also doesn't work. Chrome DID update just yesterday, but every other game seems to be working, so it seems to be on the DB side of things (heard that Android devices aren't working, either). HELP! {Thanks...}

• Options

Please do send out a ticket to our Support Team so we may ask you for more details and track this issue.

You could try another browser also, or another platform such as Steam or the windows 10 app.

I tried sending the following to the Support team, and G-mail won't let me... o
    support@startrektimelines.zendesk.com>
    support@startrektimelines.zendesk.com
    Can't load game
    I use a Chromebook, and don't have another computer available. Ever since the last Chrome Update, I've been unable to load the game. It seems to want to direct me to some developer page, but there's a link to Facebook that also doesn't work. Other people using Chrome on Windows report it's working, but some people using Android phones say it isn't for them. I'm missing out on the current Event, whatever that might be. My Fleet is Planetary Union Scouts, and my Avatar's name is Lady Beverly. Please help!

{Did I send it to the wrong address, or do something else wrong? I'm getting quite annoyed...}
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't load game
    I use a Chromebook, and don't have another computer available. Ever since the last Chrome Update, I've been unable to load the game. It seems to want to direct me to some developer page, but there's a link to Facebook that also doesn't work. Other people using Chrome on Windows report it's working, but some people using Android phones say it isn't for them. I'm missing out on the current Event, whatever that might be. My Fleet is Planetary Union Scouts, and my Avatar's name is Lady Beverly. Please help!

{Did I send it to the wrong address, or do something else wrong? I'm getting quite annoyed...}

Use the ingame send in a ticket system. That’s what I always do, then any further correspondence you can reply to the email they send you.

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Can't load game

Use the ingame send in a ticket system. That’s what I always do, then any further correspondence you can reply to the email they send you.

Silly, silly boy!

"guest" says: "... Can't load game ..." How can they use the in-game ticket system? Better lay off the beer there Banjo. ROFLMAO ;)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hello,

The email address you have is incorrect. Shan posted this one above. So @Cuttysark the answer was above in this very thread. And I haven’t touched alcohol in many years. I didn’t even drink at my own wedding