Home The Bridge

No dilemma displayed

The timer mglraqt81ivm.png
kept resetting to 10 hours but no dilemma displayed. I was able to recall.

Comments

• CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    This probably should have been posted in the 'engineering' section, but I will address it here

I first made a note of this to DB on the Google Play Store ratings page over 4 months ago. Got 'poo-poo'ed'. Still does it on my android phone .... keeps rolling back and never gets to the dilemma while actually burning off your AM in the background ... until you back out onto the main screen and re-enter the voyage screen! And if you are at a point where your AM is about gone ... oh well and golly gee whiz ... you're gone too! Too bad I guess.

The "work around" is to go to the main screen just before you reach the dilemma hour mark and then to re-enter the voyage screen a couple of seconds after the hour mark. A pain in the rump I know, but better than losing the dilemma. I have to do this on a regular basis, if not at least daily, so it's definitely not my imagination. Just something I have to deal with. :( In fact, It got me today because I wasn't quick enough; I lost my dilemma and I had to use my dilithium to keep from losing the whole voyage to that point ...

I'm glad somebody else has encountered this and I'm not just plain nuts ... :p
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck voyages are a frustratingly common issue. I would contact CS about this. Every time this has happened to me, I've contacted them, they've taken care of me; and I've heard the same from almost everyone who complains about it on these boards. Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

In the future, if you're playing on an app, hard close the app and let it rest for some time before restarting. How long to let it rest exactly, I've never figured out; longer than a few minutes, but less than a few hours (this once happened to me just before I went to sleep; decided to deal with it in the AM and it worked itself out over the night). I'd say 15-20mins should be enough to get an idea if it worked. Worth noting, this strategy doesn't always get the voyage unstuck.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    EnderW wrote: »
    Stuck voyages are a frustratingly common issue. I would contact CS about this. Every time this has happened to me, I've contacted them, they've taken care of me; and I've heard the same from almost everyone who complains about it on these boards. Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

In the future, if you're playing on an app, hard close the app and let it rest for some time before restarting. How long to let it rest exactly, I've never figured out; longer than a few minutes, but less than a few hours (this once happened to me just before I went to sleep; decided to deal with it in the AM and it worked itself out over the night). I'd say 15-20mins should be enough to get an idea if it worked. Worth noting, this strategy doesn't always get the voyage unstuck.

@EnderW : this really isn't a case of the voyage getting "stuck". That's not the problem.

It does eventually get around to the dilemma ... assuming your AM doesn't run out first. The effect can sometimes last up to 2-3 minutes. This situation was an endless frustration to me when I first started playing and was just barely able to get to the 2-hour voyage mark. Now, in my current game play, I am just barely able to get the 4-hour mark and the glitch rears it's ugly head again. So now I exit the Voyage screen at 3:59:45 and re-enter the Voyage screen at 4:00:02 according to the timer in the Galaxy screen. It works great but it is a pain and shouldn't be necessary.

Apples and oranges .... ;)
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I haven't had the problem of a stuck voyage for months. And yet, today, I get one. Must be contagious. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Ios user, i sent a ticket for this exact problem Bcuz it was a 10 hr voyage that ran out due to improper timed dilemma. they did compensate me, but still referred to it as stuck voyage. ?????

I have had the “late dilemma” many times. I did notice it seems more likely to happen if you are actively babysitting your voyage bcuz your AM is low.
    If you are not on the voyage screen at dilemma timer, as stated above it is less likely to occur. But that is no Guarantee i have had it happen both ways.