Home The Bridge

Star Trek Timelines sold to Tilting Point

JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Bridge
https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/04/tilting-point-acquires-star-trek-timelines/

A little shocked that Disruptor Beam gave up on it, but what sounds promising is this:

"He noted that Tilting Point is increasing the size of the team working on Timelines from nine at Disruptor Beam to 19 at Wicked Realm Games, which will be led by Disruptor Beam’s former CTO David Cham."

Still not a massive number, but improvements, new features etc. should happen at least a little faster...

Comments

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This is an interesting development.
  • I thought this had happened years ago?
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I'm extremely excited about this. Hopefully we can get some new game modes or event types that don't feel like a job. Game hasn't added any new recurring active content since I started playing 14 months ago, and much of the screen time is low quality. I'm glad to see another company sees the potential for growth in this game.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this had happened years ago?

No, Tilting Point had partnered with DB iirc.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this had happened years ago?

No, they cooperated with Tilting Point at first only:

"In fact, Timelines was one of the first games supported by the company’s user acquisition fund. And through those efforts, the Tilting Point team came to believe that there’s still plenty of opportunity for growth.

“We spent a good amount of time over the past year-and-a-half to two years helping the team scale the game to success, helping them bring a user to the game using our ability to do user acquisition, as well as improving the game itself in terms of our operations,” El Agili said. “What we have seen over this time is that Star Trek Timelines is a very impressive game, its users are very sticky.”

With the last part they are right considering how many loyal fans we see here in the forum...
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 new developers with fresh ideas added to 9 experienced ones, that sounds promising! Unexpected news in any case, thanks for sharing, @JeanLucKirk!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    I only hope @Shan is one of the retained employees. She's a big part of what keeps the playerbase engaged and around. I hope the new TP Overlords see her value.

Yes, Shan needs to stay around and "feed" us o:)

• We are "sticky"?! Euk!
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we now abbreviate TP or WRG instead of DB?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    We are "sticky"?! Euk!

At least we're not 'Gooey'! ROFLMAO!
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a new/real PICARD MEGA is confirmed as well.

lgk5j8y8mzcb.jpeg

Where is this from?

Also, I assume they mean expansive, as in "covering a wide area in terms of space or scope; extensive or wide-ranging".

Ie, it has the most characters of any Star Trek game on mobile. It has content from all the series and the old movies. It has the more features and game play modes than any other mobile Star Trek game.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be good or bad, more people working on the game could mean some of the long-standing issues finally addressed and more features at some point or they could be marketing and then nothing would change.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a new/real PICARD MEGA is confirmed as well.

lgk5j8y8mzcb.jpeg

Leave it to Squirrel to find the important little things. Great work Zombie!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I hope there's a few marketing people. I would love to see some new faces. @Ren~ and @Cuttysark are cool and all, but I'm over them and ready for someone new. ;)

Thanks for staying, Shan. I blew the dust off of my pitchfork, but I am happy to leave it sit for a while longer.

I'm quite happy these forums are staying. If the new dev people want any ideas, they can get several here. I'll be sure to spend a few extra bucks next month so you can all get a cup of coffee. :)

{Clears throat as tears cascade down checks into laziness beard}
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    I hope there's a few marketing people. I would love to see some new faces. @Ren~ and @Cuttysark are cool and all, but I'm over them and ready for someone new. ;)

Thanks for staying, Shan. I blew the dust off of my pitchfork, but I am happy to leave it sit for a while longer.

I'm quite happy these forums are staying. If the new dev people want any ideas, they can get several here. I'll be sure to spend a few extra bucks next month so you can all get a cup of coffee. :)

{Clears throat as tears cascade down checks into laziness beard}

LOL ... It's nice to be remembered so fondly .... :*
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Should I start playing that one REM song? Or is everything going to be fine?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am not going anywhere :)

Neither are these forums, the old forums I am referring too in the announcement are the ones we had prior to these.

*Closes door to riot shed*

Don't lock the Riot Shed until they confirm Akimbo Seven ™ as the Mega Recurring.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."