Home Ready Room
Options

Federation Creds/Achievements???

The following categories were added to the Achievements section, all for 10,000 Federation creds -

Complete Scans From your Ship
Equip items to Your Crew
Complete Away Team Missions in Episodes
Use Your Free Basic Reward

What was the purpose of these? Many players, like myself, have no immediate need for Federation Credits, example I have over 15 million credits, with nothing noteworthy to spend them on.

Comments

• Options
    What was the purpose of these? Many players, like myself, have no immediate need for Federation Credits, example I have over 15 million credits, with nothing noteworthy to spend them on.

You obviously missed the dozen threads, last week, where people were complaining of running short of credits because of the Replicator cost.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many players, like myself, have no immediate need for Federation Credits, example I have over 15 million credits, with nothing noteworthy to spend them on.

I'm glad you said many and not most at least.

As AstrolabUser said, many other players, like myself, could use more credits.

• Options
    My guess is this are placeholder prices and they were released by accident, giving all the same rewards is unlikely. Additionally the last time they also released the achievements to early.
  • Options
    Astrolabuser, yes, I indeed did missed the threads pertaining to the lack of sufficient FedCreds :) . I am still trying to get acclimated with the new forum software.

Dralix and Astro - call me stuck on stupid, but I hadn't realized (or even noticed) that the use of the Replicator came at a high expense, FedCred wise. I tend to not have enough of the various Ship Schematics, Replicator Rations and/or Crew Experience Trainers (I don't even think about using precious Equipment and Components).
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix and Astro - call me stuck on stupid, but I hadn't realized (or even noticed) that the use of the Replicator came at a high expense, FedCred wise. I tend to not have enough of the various Ship Schematics, Replicator Rations and/or Crew Experience Trainers (I don't even think about using precious Equipment and Components).

I won't call you anything.

Voyages drop good amounts of replicator rations so the game has changed. Before voyages, I used the replicator sparingly because of fuel, even though I had trainers to burn and should have used them more. Now, rations are more plentiful so credits become the limiting factor.
  • Options
    Well, you could always call me Al (Paul Simon) :)

Yes, with the introduction of the Voyages, the Replicator Rations have become more attainable. So I tend to run several Voyages a day (I play on three platforms) just to get the rations. Most everything else that is obtain, I have no real interest in. Would be nice if the up'ed the ante.
  • Options
    Well, you could always call me Al (Paul Simon) :)

Yes, with the introduction of the Voyages, the Replicator Rations have become more attainable. So I tend to run several Voyages a day (I play on three platforms) just to get the rations. Most everything else that is obtain, I have no real interest in. Would be nice if the up'ed the ante.

At 250K credits per replicated legendary equipment... one can burn through lots of credits really fast, with all the replicator fuel we have ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    It has also been speculated that those achievements that were added are likely really for a new player as most who got them also had them all finished when we opened the game. Also giving credence to this theory is the fact that they are basic things a new player would do and feel like they did something.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT