Home Engineering Room
Options

After update to v7.4.2 STT no longer works on my phone

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
I have older Huawei Ascend P7-L10 (Android 4.4.2), on which game worked perfectly until 1 hour ago. Then I updated, and reinstalled (more than once), and restarted several times.

STT no longer works. It just crash on very beginning. So basically after 3,5 years of good playing you are forcing me out of a game.

I do not intend to update Android as game worked perfectly so far. And everything else works fine.
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• Options
    Hi HaBlack,

We've been working on this issue and published a new version today to try and fix it. I recommend checking for new updates to install, and let us know if the problem persists after that.
    Manager of Player Experience
  • Options
    Is that why I can't open the app? There was an update? Wish I hadn't spent money on the game
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warkult wrote: »
    Is that why I can't open the app? There was an update? Wish I hadn't spent money on the game

Always disable auto updates. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB Andrea wrote: »
    Hi HaBlack,

We've been working on this issue and published a new version today to try and fix it. I recommend checking for new updates to install, and let us know if the problem persists after that.

It is working now, but is really slow. It was never this slow.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    The app works for me on this older HTC. But my phone heats up in under a minute and my battery dies three times as fast. As the phone gets warmer performance slows and often freezes. From time to time it has always randomly force closed the app. It's gotten worse. The chat in the app used to do this, but now it's all the time.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I think DB needs to include a performance configuration setting where we can lower fidelity of various parameters so the game can run faster and also run on older phones.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"