Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads not honoring sound setting

Since the new Ads system is in use, they no longer honor the volume settings from my Iphone.

In the old system, when my phone was set to silent mode, the ads were silent too , only playing audio when i had my headphones connected

The new ad system always plays the audio for the ads .

Please fix the ads so they retain the volume selection ( speaker icon in top left corner ) ..

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. IOS user. I have volume on but low. The adds for other games in particular are extremely loud.
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Since the new ad update, almost every ad I've encountered on iOS has been cancerous to some degree.

They ignore volume settings, redirect to the App Store, redirect to third party websites (opens in safari), employ fake close buttons to get you to tap, don't credit but still use up an ad warp chance and puts it on cooldown.
  • Options
    Since the new ad update, almost every ad I've encountered on iOS has been cancerous to some degree.

They ignore volume settings, redirect to the App Store, redirect to third party websites (opens in safari), employ fake close buttons to get you to tap, don't credit but still use up an ad warp chance and puts it on cooldown.

Agreed on every count.
    I have noticed most have a “speaker” in the upper left corner. If you tap that it silences the extreme obnoxious sound. FYI
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭

Agreed on every count.
    I have noticed most have a “speaker” in the upper left corner. If you tap that it silences the extreme obnoxious sound. FYI

Or... in some recently reported anecdotes (including my own experience/observations), clicking on the volume icon takes you into Google Play Store where the app for the currently playing ad is displayed.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"