Home Ready Room
Options

Wiki Question — Many Crew Missing From Main Crew Page

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
Question for the folks who help out with the wiki (and a big thank you, first of all, for doing so)...

This has been the situation for as long as I can remember: the Crew List page on the wiki does not show a lot of the more recent crew.

I tend to have that tab open in my browser at all times, and use it frequently as a quick way to find stats on a crew. I know there are many other methods of doing so (not all of them using the wiki), but this is usually just a matter of CTRL+F, type in name of crew, and "open in new tab", so I personally find it faster when I just need to look at something quickly.

But many times (like today, for instance, when I was looking up Tribble Herder Scotty and finding he wasn't on that list page) I have to just search for the main variant name, then open that character's page, then find the variant I want and open that page up.

Is it because of the way that new crew are entered sometimes, for instance with some meta tags missing or something? Or is that page just not automatically updating?

Just curious about this, and hopeful that maybe someone with knowledge of the wiki can see if something can be done about it. 🖖

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"