Home The Bridge

Just noticed today's LTO offer includes accolades

CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Bridge
Did not see any comments on today's Limited Time Offer of Tribble Herder Scotty.

I created this post because I was surprised by the 600 accolades included in offer.
I mean, people who bought the, what is it premium track, would most certainly have finished it. So not sure what the thought is on including this now. Maybe this is more for future campaigns.
They may include it in all the Tuesday offers now?

Edit: I did not even realize that I inadvertently said Tuesday when I meant today Monday. So use to this being a Tuesday offer.

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that this is a last chance type thing for anyone who was close to finishing the campaign, but missed some dailies. Now they can make that up. That's my best guess, anyway.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this Scotty good?
  • My guess is that this is a last chance type thing for anyone who was close to finishing the campaign, but missed some dailies. Now they can make that up. That's my best guess, anyway.

We will see, if so, it will only happen the last Tuesday of Campaign.
    Or maybe, the LTO two days before Campaign is over.
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Is this Scotty good?

I was just going to check, but am surprised there was nothing already posted on it.

d7bnd8jmdik0.png

fj99codyfwn6.png
    2m4ypgsa3no0.png

Frankly, I do not think stats are that bad at 1F , but, surprised how bad 5F stats are. Must mean equipment is responsible for good stats at 1F

Still I could use another ENG primary SEC secondary. Will have to look at my crew now.

Not bad actually, I forget I look at my starbase boosted stats and collection bonuses. Looks just under determined Janeway

I will get him based on Stats figuring at some point I will have him 4F. I do not cite like others. I will most likely give him one now. Even with 30+ Citations to go. Most people would have used all their citations now or just leave 5.

Though CMD is higher than Determined Janeway

Edit: on my main account he will be my 13th best engineer base stat at 1F.(though I have not leveled Claymore yet) All of them above him are 4F or higher. Though when I add 2nd star he remains 13th.

3rd Star would put him 10th just behind immortalized Protomorphosis Barclay.
    4th would put him 3rd behind immortalized Queen Po.

For my main an immortalized Herder would be 2nd (only 4F Janeway) just behind my Ru'afo.
  • Thanks @{DD} Smelly
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they start adding accolades to some of the offers, that's great, but I already had the campaign completely done on both my regular and VIP0 account. I was kind of annoyed by this, but we shall see if this is perhaps just a glimpse into future changes.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they start adding accolades to some of the offers, that's great, but I already had the campaign completely done on both my regular and VIP0 account. I was kind of annoyed by this, but we shall see if this is perhaps just a glimpse into future changes.

The accolades were only on top of the normal offer, not instead of something so it shouldn’t be too annoying. I have about 53 lighters but I’m still cool with getting one free when I buy like 5 packs of cigarettes

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

The accolades were only on top of the normal offer, not instead of something so it shouldn’t be too annoying. I have about 53 lighters but I’m still cool with getting one free when I buy like 5 packs of cigarettes

Which is cool, except that you will still have the potential to use that 54th lighter at some point down the line. If your campaign is maxed out, the additional accolades do nothing and can never be used. It's a small thing, and as you say, it is in addition to the standard offer, so you're not losing anything, but I think as a value-added perk, it does not do anything for the vast majority of players.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a small, easy thing that they can add to get a few more sales. I don't think the goal was to redefine the legendary for $10 dynamic.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Which is cool, except that you will still have the potential to use that 54th lighter at some point down the line. If your campaign is maxed out, the additional accolades do nothing and can never be used. It's a small thing, and as you say, it is in addition to the standard offer, so you're not losing anything, but I think as a value-added perk, it does not do anything for the vast majority of players.

Ugh. I just can’t win here

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I’m completely okay with that. The inclusion of accolades gives those who have missed daily mission completions due to illness, vacation, family trouble, game bugs, or a host of other reasons a chance to catch up. If they did this for every LTO in the final week of a campaign, it’d be a real nice gesture in my opinion.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

I’m completely okay with that. The inclusion of accolades gives those who have missed daily mission completions due to illness, vacation, family trouble, game bugs, or a host of other reasons a chance to catch up. If they did this for every LTO in the final week of a campaign, it’d be a real nice gesture in my opinion.

You definitely have a point, and I admit I really hadn't looked at it that way. I expect they probably will do that going forward, then.
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It's a small, easy thing that they can add to get a few more sales. I don't think the goal was to redefine the legendary for $10 dynamic.

I think you were right after sleeping on it. It will most likely be a regular thing near the end of campaign. An enticement to those that have not bought the premium track, to buy the premium track and the LTO offer.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to apply the Accolades to the next Campaign would be nice. But for those who missed the Campaign completion by less than 600 Points, it is definitely a good incentive if they are "almost" on an LTO.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."