Home The Holodeck
Options

Fan favorite character from SW: Clone Wars coming to The Mandalorian

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
So excited about this. I adore Ahsoka.

Star Wars Exclusive: ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Casts Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano:
https://www.slashfilm.com/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-mandalorian/

l0d9l3y1wr4p.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh wao :O
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosario Dawson is just icing on the Death by Chocolate cake!!!!!!!

Ahsoka, and Rosie Daw is playing her?!?!?

🧞👽🖖👽🧞
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved Rosario in Clerks II. I think she'll be great on The Mandalorian. I just hope the writing stays as episodic as season 1.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    anyone know when season 2 is coming out ?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone know when season 2 is coming out ?

They had said October 2020, but with so many networks and services delaying shows since the Coronavirus, who knows if that'll end up being the release date or not.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they do her justice and make the stories as good as what we've seen on The Mandalorian so far. Because as excited as I was to see Clone Wars return, these new episodes (even the ones with Ahsoka) have been extremely disappointing. :(

• Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I think Rosario will do a great job portraying Ahsoka; however, I don't know how she's gonna make herself sound like Ashley Eckstein's Ahsoka. My one hang-up with making Ahsoka a live-action character is that Ashley has made Ahsoka iconic, and her voice is unique. If she doesn't sound close to our Ahsoka, it's gonna throw me right out of it, sadly.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rosario will do a great job portraying Ahsoka; however, I don't know how she's gonna make herself sound like Ashley Eckstein's Ahsoka. My one hang-up with making Ahsoka a live-action character is that Ashley has made Ahsoka iconic, and her voice is unique. If she doesn't sound close to our Ahsoka, it's gonna throw me right out of it, sadly.

Eckstein did a fabulous job with her in Clone Wars — so much so, in fact, that it was somewhat hard for me to accept the "adult voice" she did for Rebels, since it didn't have the same youthful energy as the younger version of the character, which I'd become so enamored with. Because of this, I think I'll be less thrown by what Rosario brings to the table... and I'm sure she won't try to do an impression, as much as a tribute to the character and try to bring out Ahsoka's essence.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved Rosario in Clerks II. I think she'll be great on The Mandalorian. I just hope the writing stays as episodic as season 1.

She was also great as The Night Nurse in NetFlixMarverse.....
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosario also recently revealed that she'd love to appear on both Star Trek: Picard and Discovery, and here's her idea of who she could play...

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-trek-discovery-picard-rosario-dawson-role/

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be on board with that. Assuming there is a certain other actor there to help bridge the gap. Mostly because I thoroughly enjoy said actor.
    Farewell 🖖