Home Strange New Worlds

Star trek models

Just wondering if anyone here collects star trek models & can pass along some good sites to order them from... I'm looking for to buy one that I can build and paint and has light up features of the discovery and shenzhou Also looking for some inspiration to do so feel free to post some pics of your collection :)

Comments

• I would HIGHLY recommend Eaglemoss Hero collector. Very high quality diecast models from every series (no Picard ships yet), including some obscure ones. there is a subscripton service, which they offer a good starter deal for (a free klingon bird of prey plus the Enterprise D with collectors magazines for FIVE BUCKS when you sign up for a certain time of the subscription) or you can buy models individually. They also have Titan and Enterprise F models in their roster.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa
  • Eaglemoss is nice but I am looking for stuff I can build and paint my self not predone models :D
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered painting 3D-printed models? Files are easily found on the Internet (a quick search on Thingiverse yielded a few different Enterprise models, a Nebula-class model, and even the Rodger Young from Starship Troopers), usually for free.

There are some very good printers out there for budgets of all sizes for home use and a ton of resources for how to choose the right one for your needs. Alternatively, printing can be done via third party services and even some public libraries have printers available for use, charging only a nominal fee for filament and upkeep.
  • Eaglemoss is nice but I am looking for stuff I can build and paint my self not predone models :D
    AMT Round 2 models then. I have bought a few before. A bit expensive, but worth it.

• I believe that Terry Farrell was a model before appearing on DS9. I would love the chance to collect her. :)