Home The Bridge

What?! Why didn't I make hour 8?? xD

Keep in mind, I had (at least) between 2600 to 2650 Antimatter. Probably closer to the ladder (+25ish) than the former. ;-D
zw0xfdb1ybm3.jpg

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my point zero two dollars' worth, but I think based on what you have shown here, you are lucky to have gotten to 7:57. What AM did you start with?
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    I really don't leave the dock with anything less that 2.6k AM. My guess (because I can't tell/don't remember) 2.65k AM to 2.725k AM. (A very general ballpark.)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would have been guaranteed with 2700 antimatter.
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Right!? That's what I thought when sending the original voyage. Again, IDR amount of AM, but, remember thinking, "It'll make it". =D
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 2600 anti matter, the expected length was 2 minutes shy of 8 hours. Only had a 56% chance to hit 8 hours.
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Really.. huh... @This Sisko1 how do you know? If that's, in fact, the case, then my voyage could be right on the money. =D

EDIT: Update, I reset the voyage, via a token. I had 2.675k AM; at the start.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really.. huh... @This Sisko1 how do you know? If that's, in fact, the case, then my voyage could be right on the money. =D

It doesn't matter if you left the Spacedock with 2800 AM. What matters is how much AM you have after a Dilemma. There is a formula for figuring if you can make the next Dilemma, even if you fail every Hazard. If you fail every Hazard, you go down about 22 AM per minute.

Thus the conservative formula is:

AM/22=VtM

VtM is "Voyage time in Minutes"

Two hours is 120 minutes. So you can invert the formula.

120*22=2640.

If you had 2640+ AM after the six hour Dilemma, then you should make the eight hour Dilemma, even if you fail every Hazard.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT: Update, I reset the voyage, via a token. I had 2.675k AM; at the start.

Lots of great resources out there, discord fleets and other chats can help like this:xt7r33yvei8o.jpg
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks all. Future AM divided by 22; interesting. Also, "80% chance to reach the 10hr dilemma." Noted. I already used the token, for 10h, I'll keep y'all posted. (By the AM/22 measure, after the 8h dilemma, I should make 10h; by a few hundred AM.)
  • Mr. HobbsMr. Hobbs ✭✭✭
    Wow, seriously, spot on.. =D
    dvsxkxc2nmtp.jpg