Home The Bridge
Options

Lack of variety in event missions

[ISA] Raven[ISA] Raven ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Bridge
Wow... all of the 3 crew missions use EXACTLY the same requirements... dip+sci, cmd+sec, dip+sec
and only 1 Klingon 3 crew mission?

Edited the title. ~Shan

Comments

• Options
    and were they going for "Klingon" names of the Klingon missions?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure why this could not have been part of the existing event discussion?
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Klingons look like a puzzle to me
    I got its the Boy Scout oath

Oops, The Klingon Oath
    A Klingon is veS,
    yu',
    yuDHa',
    Ruv ,
    SuyDuj,...

Sounds Sontaran to me😉
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the names of the Klingon missions an error, or they just in Klingon(ese)?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    For this event the title of each Klingon missions is indeed an actual Klingon word.
    Which is a bit much for the non-initiated, so we'll avoid this in the future :)

Nooooo...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this event the title of each Klingon missions is indeed an actual Klingon word.

I thought it was fun.
    ...also I now have the urge to order Chinese...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. It’s kinda cool and different. I like it
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Keep it; it’s a nice touch.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Wow... all of the 3 crew missions use EXACTLY the same requirements... dip+sci, cmd+sec, dip+sec
    and only 1 Klingon 3 crew mission?

Edited the title. ~Shan

I think this is just the intended challenge this week - all 3 seaters have a DIP/SCI seat, a skillset which neither Worf nor the mirror universe warmongers have got in abundance. If you have no crew to plug these holes, you would need to switch to a 4 seat shuttle, which would also allow you to use bonus ENG or MED crew you might have.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

i for sure thought someone fell asleep drunk at their keyboard
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for them to do the ones where Picard had dialogue that sounded like the writers fell asleep at the typewriter.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The House of Tipping Point has no honour if they shun the Klingon tongue!!!!!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Shan I like it too. I just thought that they are only one word. Would like a phrase.
  • Options
    sorinev wrote: »
    I like the Klingon thing. It's neat. The titles being in Klingon is one thing. if the descriptions had been in Klingon, that'd be another thing entirely.

Yes you are absolutely right. But I am sure there are people here who could have helped in the translation.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    sorinev wrote: »
    I like the Klingon thing. It's neat. The titles being in Klingon is one thing. if the descriptions had been in Klingon, that'd be another thing entirely.

Yes you are absolutely right. But I am sure there are people here who could have helped in the translation.

Well, to be clear, I still would have found that just as neat, it just would have required more work to figure out. :) Namely, some copy / paste from game into Google.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Shan adminMarch 26

Why not put the translation with it. Although my Klingon is non existing, I think it's a nice feature,
  • Options
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Klingons look like a puzzle to me
    I got its the Boy Scout oath

Oops, The Klingon Oath
    A Klingon is veS,
    yu',
    yuDHa',
    Ruv ,
    SuyDuj,...

Sounds Sontaran to me😉

Those words mean: warfare, question, honest, justice and merchant ship ;)
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan, every reply loving the Klingon words has multiple "awesomes", the two people complaining about the Klingon words have zero awesomes as of this writing, I for one feel that is a strong showing for NOT caving in to the unlit torches and the rusty pitchforks.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Klingon on the missions is great. Would love to see the same thing for some of the other races.

I agree.

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved the Klingon. We had a lively discussion about them in our fleet chat. The translations should be included in the Wiki. We don't insist on translations of other in universe words that likely mean something, but leave them for flavor. Katra could be translated as soul, but we leave it as it is. We don't translate the name USS Shenzhou to USS Devine Vessel. It is what it is. Star Trek has used in universe words untranslated as episode titles before, ex. "Kri'Shara" and "Tsunkatse". Why should Timelines be different?
    Naming things is power and culture and language are joined. Accepting another culture's word for something accepts the validity of their right to name it. The Fed and Terran share a language. The Klingons have their own. It was nice to see the distinction. (Yes, I have an anthropology degree and it creeps out, lol.)
    Now, off to work on event crew for Thursday and give my fleet a head's up on the Mega announcement later this week.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*