Home The Bridge
Options

Where are all the good offers?

while my wallet thanks DB/TP for it, the offers over the past week have been rather anemic. I was really hoping for something juicy today since the last few were so dry, but then it's just another 2K honour & chrons for $10.

I need something good to buy into the game whilst stuck inside all the time during the pandemic!
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    I was pretty excited about the Dynamic Replicator Ration/Credits offer. Both were things I really needed. The price tag just made them irresistible. I bought 2.
    Having said that, I could really go for a $10 Legendary that adds a star to someone I already have.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last offer worth its price tag was 15 packs for 10 $ on the 23rd of March. That is a real dry spell.

But hey, with short time work I should cut my spendings anyway. Thanks for your help, TP!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SpaceKatSpaceKat ✭✭✭
    The last offer worth its price tag was 15 packs for 10 $
    And I had no interest in this because I have no open crew slots.

It demonstrates that different offers are going to be appealing to different people.

Here’s hoping everyone in the market gets one that appeals to them.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpaceKat wrote: »
    The last offer worth its price tag was 15 packs for 10 $
    And I had no interest in this because I have no open crew slots.

I can get behind this. Also when I was only playing for like half a year rep rations and credits were scarce for me. Still I never spent money on them but I have to admit that I was temped by such offers quite often. ;)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I think TP is testing to see what offers we will buy and also remember when we had those awful offers with schematics back in the early days? Well we have the replacement of those :)
    Also i think they try to encourage new players to buy as these are appealing to them.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anything in this game worth the cost? Its all relative I suppose. The Campaigns are good value but some of the Monday packs are dubious to say the least.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that was some of the easiest $10 I’ve ever spent here.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we get a Stranded Quark $10 offer this week. I’d die.

Looks like you'll pull through
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    2nd star, I'm on board.

But @Jim Steele has a point, even this really good offer with Stranded Quark and stuff... Is 1 of 5 stars really worth 10$? Is a FF virtual (!) card worth 50?

Sometimes I feel like we lost the proper perspective on money with this game. :#
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, I've been waiting for a good dilithium offer, since I emptied my pockets the other week.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd star, I'm on board.

But @Jim Steele has a point, even this really good offer with Stranded Quark and stuff... Is 1 of 5 stars really worth 10$? Is a FF virtual (!) card worth 50?

Sometimes I feel like we lost the proper perspective on money with this game. :#

Yeah, I don't get the hype with Stranded Quark. Easy pass for me. Torpedo McCoy has better stats (I think) and I have him at 3/5, so I would rather cite him than eat up another crew slot for a useless 1/5
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd star, I'm on board.

Yeah, I don't get the hype with Stranded Quark. Easy pass for me. Torpedo McCoy has better stats (I think) and I have him at 3/5, so I would rather cite him than eat up another crew slot for a useless 1/5

It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Quark has a unique skill set and order among legendaries and the voyage power to make amazing use of it. Plus he enjoys Quark events.

McCoy also has a very good and uncommon skill set, a very strong MED base (and MED primaries are always valuable), and McCoy events.

They are both very good, but Quark has the best WAR (to use a baseball term), because there frankly is no other crew that does what he does.

Appendix: WAR = wins above replacement. How much value above the average crew does he provide?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd star, I'm on board.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Quark has a unique skill set and order among legendaries and the voyage power to make amazing use of it. Plus he enjoys Quark events.

McCoy also has a very good and uncommon skill set, a very strong MED base (and MED primaries are always valuable), and McCoy events.

They are both very good, but Quark has the best WAR (to use a baseball term), because there frankly is no other crew that does what he does.

Appendix: WAR = wins above replacement. How much value above the average crew does he provide?

Although I think WAR is a more helpful baseball metric, I’ve long thought that VORP translated better to Timelines from a terminology standpoint. Semantics, I know. :)