Home The Bridge
Options

Legendary Citation Help

During the Christmas sales, I spent my 800,000 honor and got lots of Legendaries and citations. I am down to four citations left. Recently, I got both Laborer Kirk and Niners Ezri (both at 1 star). I can max either and use up all my citations or split the difference. I both cases, they would be in my top 3-4 of FE/FF for their primary and 1-2 for their specific combo (Sec/Dip or Eng/Cmd). In other words, they are about the same in level of importance. The Big Book of Behold has them both as Level 2s and Kirk is just above. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    First suggestion would be to save one citation for the upcoming mega. I would cite Ezri first, higher voyage total and she has med.
  • Options
    Great point on mega!!! THANKS!!!!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are great. Ezri will be event crew this week and is part of the Niners collection. Kirk is the jury rigger collection. I would always recommend putting all citations to one person than splitting them as much of the increase in stats comes at stars 4 and 5. We are very near the Picard mega. I would wait till Friday when we learn what crew will be bonus for the Picard mega and what legendary the second week of the Mega will be before deciding.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down to 5 citations. I don't plan to use 4 on one crew unless someone great comes along and I can't win multiple copies. The mega was mentioned, so I would say that I wouldn't pick until after that announcement. Even after that, I'll be saving. But if you are set on spending, then what are your priorities?

If it's the upcoming mega, then see if one of the two will be bonus crew.
    If it's voyages, then which combos need the most help?
    If it's events in general, then you kind of have to go with Kirk.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I plan on spending citations on Ezri because I like her, need a strong Dip-Sec and she is in an event pack with two legendaries which makes it very hard to get her. But I am gonna see what stats Nhan has first.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I would personally go with Laborer Kirk. Even though Ezri is a stronger overall card, shes still a SEC-DIP card which are probably the most common skills available. Whereas Kirk is one of the strongest ENG cards you can get (4th highest total ENG score for a 3 skill card).

In terms of total voyage scores, Ezri is Top 10 but Kirk isnt exactly a slouch with a Top 40 total voyage score. I also like the odds for a Kirk vs Dax event (20 vs 16)

Kirk also has a more and varied (and in my view more useful) trait set
    Common - Federation, Starfleet, Resourceful
    Ezri - Athlete, Trill, Counselor, Costumed
    Kirk - Human, Jury Rigger, Romantic, Thief, Desperate
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    I would personally go with Laborer Kirk. Even though Ezri is a stronger overall card, shes still a SEC-DIP card which are probably the most common skills available. Whereas Kirk is one of the strongest ENG cards you can get (4th highest total ENG score for a 3 skill card).

In terms of total voyage scores, Ezri is Top 10 but Kirk isnt exactly a slouch with a Top 40 total voyage score. I also like the odds for a Kirk vs Dax event (20 vs 16)

I wouldn't underestimate the value of SEC/DIP as primary/secondary. Those voyages are actually a little difficult to crew up. There are relatively few DIP/SEC with SCI, ENG, or MED as the secondary or tertiary skill. I found myself hitting a wall where I couldn't quite get those voyages to 10 hours consistently without spending a couple citations. Niners Ezri will help with SEC/DIP and SEC/MED voyages - if you care about voyages and need to fill that gap.

I don't know OP's needs, so I can't say if Ezri will be the better choice or not.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Big Book of Behold has them both as Level 2s and Kirk is just above.

Just an FYI: the reason this Kirk is "just above" Ezri is because the tiers are in alphabetical order. So that's not a reflection of the strengths of either card.

Basically, you can't go wrong with either card; they are almost the same in terms of strengths. I would recommend Eng, it being the second most hard to find primary; my Laborer Kirk is on voyages constantly, filling one of the Eng slots. Some of the best citations I've spent.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    mejoyh wrote: »

I wouldn't underestimate the value of SEC/DIP as primary/secondary. Those voyages are actually a little difficult to crew up. There are relatively few DIP/SEC with SCI, ENG, or MED as the secondary or tertiary skill. I found myself hitting a wall where I couldn't quite get those voyages to 10 hours consistently without spending a couple citations. Niners Ezri will help with SEC/DIP and SEC/MED voyages - if you care about voyages and need to fill that gap.

I don't know OP's needs, so I can't say if Ezri will be the better choice or not.

Agreed. I have some 5/5 dip-sec but they and almost all dip-sec are weak which makes ten hour voyages problematic. Ezri will help me especially since I can put her in a medical slot instead of the dip-sec-com slot that all the rest of mine have to go in.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Thanks all, great help!
  • Options
    c5yy52wegwoi.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 x 5/5 Laborer Kirk, and quite often both of them are making my voyages and my roster is pretty deep and i almost have all good voyages crew 5/5.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•