Home The Bridge
Options

Advice on Diplomat Deluge...

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Don't do it....

Did 5 packs and it was all green and blue cards... plus I now have a 1/3 Picard at El Adrel which is just gonna wasta one crew slot...

Total waste of 3000+ dil...

Comments

• Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's also only 3 slots per pull

one is guaranteed to be a 3* or better diplomat

another slot will be either trainers or replicator rations

last slot has a chance to be honor, or another crew card
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Mee too. I cannot recommend this pack. Chance to get **tsk tsk** card is waaay to high for 650 dil.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    it's also only 3 slots per pull

one is guaranteed to be a 3* or better diplomat

another slot will be either trainers or replicator rations

last slot has a chance to be honor, or another crew card

Honestly thought the % would roll higher. At 650 dil its totally not worth it vs a normal 10 pack which would drop 3+ 3*

Now that I think about it... yea... spending 650 dil for 3 slot pulls was a bad idea... doh!
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This was a massive misfire. Reminds me of “Best Chance of Limited Grilka” packs from yesteryear.

650 and you are only going to get a rare or better? I get that Darmok Picard is a big draw, but come on. Ive been hoping that DB would throw some special offers or packs our way, but this is a step in the wrong direction. There was buzz that dilithium would start becoming devalued, and 650 for a rare or better is certainly an example of that

From their viewpoint its something new and you have to try I suppose.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't catch the 3-drop before I tried one. I got Picard at EL Ardrel on the drop, so that made me happy, but after thinking about it, yeah, 650 Dils is WAY too high.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭

From their viewpoint its something new and you have to try I suppose.

Guess I was a sucker for their experiment... So much buyers regret right now... That was 9 mega wrap up packs down the drain...
  • Options
    I really liked our new overlords, but this pack is a giant misfire.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    Stay away from this ...
  • Options
    <TGE> DangerDrake<TGE> DangerDrake ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    So bad. 5dmtigixj5l3.png

<TGE> The Gluten Empire
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Such a bad offer...like drinking milk outside on a hot day. I should have read more carefully as I thought it would be 10 per pull opportunities, not three. Way too high of a cost to obtain a 3* that I froze less than 10 seconds after completion.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    For honor or merits I would have done this. But not for dilithium, and certainly not at this price point. For that price in a normal 10x I'm guaranteed a minimum of one SR. This pack wants to give me a guarantee of only a rare and possibility of 2*. There isn't even a price point to guarantee the card the pack was made to promote.

I'm glad to see them coming up with new ideas. It's just a shame their energy is being put toward pushing collecting rather than making the cards relevant. Beyond "having" the new 3* there's no real reason. Less energy marketing, more energy game play.
  • Options
    worst pack in Timelines history dont fall for it itll ruin your day like mine....
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is First Contact Day. They could have just mailed everyone three copies of the new Picard. Customer satisfaction and goodwill would have pushed the meter in the right direction. This pushed it till it bent against the peg on the left side..........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I bought one just to do it. I mean, I read the description it came with and my assumption was that it was going to make me mad if I bought one, but I wanted to know just how mad it would make me, so I bought one. That day I had already dropped 20K dilithium chasing Ezris in event packs, so what was another 650 for an emotional experiment?

I opened the pack, saw five 4* rations, a 3* crew I've probably airlocked 1,000 times previously, and some Honor. I can only describe the sensation immediately after as nothing but repulsion. I wasn't mad like I thought I would be, I just sort of felt betrayed.

I then reflected on the experience and came to the conclusion that even if it was being offered at 65 dilithium per pack I am not sure I would do it again.

Just so I am clear, your foray into emotional flogging with STT was not everything you’d ever dreamed of... I sigh heavily, and not only know that pain, but also realize it will most likely happen again for many of us. ;)

2xv0mr2b25vr.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is First Contact Day. They could have just mailed everyone three copies of the new Picard. Customer satisfaction and goodwill would have pushed the meter in the right direction. This pushed it till it bent against the peg on the left side..........

I believe that approach would create more problems than it solved.
  • Options

I believe that approach would create more problems than it solved.

Free Crew? Wouldn't be like PicardGate. Or BeverlyGate. Or TroiGate.

Or would it?

I don't mean do it now. I mean, if they had done that INSTEAD of the Diplo Packs.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Just got a reply from CS to a ticket i sent yesterday. They can offer a refund.

It was a feedback ticket suggesting that they should never offer such a bad deal again. Didn't ask for a refund but I'll take one! Feeling more relieved about this now.
  • Options
    Just to add my 2 cents...

I actually liked the idea behind that pack. It was something different and I can get behind that after a couple of years of same-all in this game.

But...

Not with THOSE odds and not at THAT price.

I bit the bullet and instanlty regreted it. Lesson learned. Also, not the best way for the company to introduce themselves to the player base.
  • Options
    Wait until people find out Picard is the May Daily Reward.......
  • Options
    Master Foo wrote: »
    Just to add my 2 cents...

I actually liked the idea behind that pack. It was something different and I can get behind that after a couple of years of same-all in this game.

But...

Not with THOSE odds and not at THAT price.

I bit the bullet and instantly regreted it. Lesson learned. Also, not the best way for the company to introduce themselves to the player base.

Agreed...not to blow things out of proportion, but it does feel like we're starting out on the wrong foot.

I also like the concept itself. If the price point & product description could be corrected, I'd actually welcome multiple offers that each spotlight one of the primary skills. For instance, I already have more Diplomacy than I know what to do with...but my Engineering ranks could use some fresh blood.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

everybody got a free begold for FCD

only people who bought this pack seem to be upset about this pack

which number do you think is greater?
  • Options

Both 💯%?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of people are upset this pack was offered even if we didn't buy it ourselves. I'm also upset that the only way to get Command Jacket Picard is from this steaming pile of garbage pack.

The pack certainly took a way a lot of the good reactions the FC begold would have offered.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm also upset that the only way to get Command Jacket Picard is from this steaming pile of garbage pack.

That's what bothers me. A pack only 3* is nonsense. 3* crew shouldn't be that difficult to get.
  • Options
    Clearly I did NOT read the instructions properly. I thought you AUTOMATICALLY got 1 Picard at El-Adrel card at ¹*, *then* a 3 pull for random diplomats and whatnot. That will teach me to read the fine print.
  • Options
    Here's a quick informal poll from Scott.

Who would have considered a LTO for one copy of the new Picard, 200 Chronitons, and 50,000 Credits for say $2.49?