Home Ready Room
Options

First Contact Day BeGold

Hi All! I'm torn on which crew to choose in the free BeGold pack.
  • Phoenix Cochrane - have at 1/5 level 33
  • Satin Dress Lily Sloane - have at 1/5 level 1
  • C.O.P. Founder Picard - don't have

My dilemma ( :)): Jean-Luc would be good for upcoming Picard event(s), and he's main crew. But there's the theory that you should always add a star to an existing crew. Any advice appreciated!

9cr6mhg6esr9.png

"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one who normally does stick to the theory of adding a star, no matter how poor someone might be. There has to be an exceptional case for me to pick someone I don't own over adding a star ...

1. You can look up Picard's 1/5 stats and see if his two skills would improve on any immortal 4*s or and 5* variants you might have and see how that fits into your overall crew options ... it might be a while before you get to add stars, so you should take his 1/5 stats as a base and not his 5/5 stats.

2. Would a 2/5 Lily or Cochrane boost your voyages or boost your shuttles in their skill areas?

3. Do you like any of them?

If you answered "yes" to anything above then just go with them, free crew, you can't really go wrong ... all three have their upsides and it just depends on how well your crew could utilise those upsides.

Disclaimer: I chose Lily (new) over Cochrane (1/5) because I answered Yes to #3 and it was an exceptional case for me.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Approximate value of adding a star to existing crew:

q1vcj8rr2xel.jpeg
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew_Progression#Crew_progression_fusion_rule_of_thumb
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Cochrane or Lily seems like the best choice to me. Just my opinion, but that Picard is a two skill Dip/Com crew.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    I went with Cochrane because I have few DIP/ENG crew. Thanks for all the good advice!
    "Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    just go with it
  • Options
    I didn't have any of them so I went with Lily because she was rated highest in the Big Book and I didn't have a legendary DIP.