Home The Bridge
Options

Crew Slots? Please?

I believe I have noticed a pattern of getting crew slots before every other Mega. I could be wrong, but either way we are definitely due for a bump and slot sale!
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have noticed a pattern of getting crew slots before every other Mega. I could be wrong, but either way we are definitely due for a bump and slot sale!

Be nice for First Contact Day. The BeGold filled me back up to maximum.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    There would be a certain symmetry to dropping a slot sale when you drop a card sale. Some might even feel encouraged to buy more to fill the new slots. Or maybe not, who knows.
  • Options
    I would need some, too.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last five days has seen five 1/5s and three 1/4s drop (which, according to my calculations, is highly highly unlikely to happen).
    However, as lucky as this is, it means I'm at capacity again...

More slots will be helpful!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we are at least a month overdue for some! Maybe they think more crew slots leads to less "social distancing"? :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we are at least a month overdue for some! Maybe they think more crew slots leads to less "social distancing"? :D

Maybe a couple of weeks, but also in line with previous timing:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew#Chronology
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously TP, where's the sale? Nothing before the mega, nothing during the mega, and, now, nothing after the mega? You do realize that more sales encourage more spending... right?

For the last YEAR we've gotten a crew slot sale every other month (or better). Now TP has taken over and we get nothing? Are we to go back to getting a sale every 6 months?

Is it just me or has the game taken a significant decline in quality since the regime change?

It's just you. Event messed up, not a first. Update roll back, not a first. Upgrade to speed up ship battles is similar to cooldowns removed for cadet and arena. Same lady monitoring and moderating same forum... I see no significant change in quality.

But I think I mentioned in another thread that I want a slot sale. So... Please hook us up, WRG. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody else read WRG and immediately think of the word "Naya"?
  • Options
    ASM RugbyASM Rugby ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Personally, my travel rewards have been reduced, there are almost no more 4-star cards issued. both on the dilemmas and during the trip.
  • Options

That's exactly why they need to give us a crew slot sale. Our crew members are WAY to close together. There's no way they're six feet apart! ;-D

BEST REASON FOR CREW SLOT SALE.
    Well played. Sorry I can only do one Awesome.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I agree with Prime Lorca It is to early to make a decision on there offers.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    I really need crew slots too. I've airlocked most of the characters I did not care for and have difficult decisions to make ahead as to who to keep if no sale is soon...
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I really need crew slots too. I've airlocked most of the characters I did not care for and have difficult decisions to make ahead as to who to keep if no sale is soon...

Use those 7 days that they give us before new crew disappear. It could be prolonging the inevitable, but it gives you time to think about those tough decisions. Eventually that sale will come and you'll have airlocked a few less crew. If you want some forum help with such decisions, the Ready Room is full of helpful folks who can present pros and cons. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been claiming from the campaign. now that I'm at the end the cite will allow me to free up a space. But I'll have to rush the card into the freezer to free up the space. Im not using portal pulls because I have no where to put anything new that drops. Dilithium or otherwise.

I needs slot. Don't be a square TP, roll out a sale please.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew slots are way overpriced. I could see 100 dilithium a slot. But 600 dilitihium? Not so much
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew slots are way overpriced. I could see 100 dilithium a slot. But 600 dilitihium? Not so much

This game should have 500 free slots for everyone, but then the server would collapse(or something else like game unplayable, at least thats what was once stated). I hope TP is working on these issues. Pretty sure more free slots would lead to more revenue, especially for premium portal offers.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Have have not bought a crew slot in years, and have to pull people out of the freezer every time the give us some. But not all of us are in that situation I know. At the point I have all my 4 stars frozen, then we need crew slots.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have have not bought a crew slot in years, and have to pull people out of the freezer every time the give us some. But not all of us are in that situation I know. At the point I have all my 4 stars frozen, then we need crew slots.

Okay so we only need more free crew slots when you are at the point of having frozen all 4* crew? ;)

I can only speak for myself but the freeze/unfreeze game is no fun at all.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get a guaranteed chance at 58 new crew a year. At the rate of one per week and 6 mega crew, not counting freebies, portals, voyages, and any other new to you crew you might acquire, five free slots every other month (usually Mega Month that sees us get five new crew that are generally needed all month) only covers half the increase in crew.
    One of two things happen- creative juggling or spending. Spenders either buy slots or cite, equip, and freeze, likely spending in some area of that. Some will juggle or airlock. Hybrid players (like me) spend some regularly (Monthly Card and Premium Campaign Track for me) and, once in a while, a special offer. I hoard dilithium for the sales, rarely buying anything but slots. I did buy the third shuttle bay and the fourth seems likely this year.
    Being given slots equivalent to half the increase in crew is reasonable and I am fine with that. I'm just wondering where the next installment went.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get a guaranteed chance at 58 new crew a year. At the rate of one per week and 6 mega crew, not counting freebies, portals, voyages, and any other new to you crew you might acquire, five free slots every other month (usually Mega Month that sees us get five new crew that are generally needed all month) only covers half the increase in crew.
    One of two things happen- creative juggling or spending. Spenders either buy slots or cite, equip, and freeze, likely spending in some area of that. Some will juggle or airlock. Hybrid players (like me) spend some regularly (Monthly Card and Premium Campaign Track for me) and, once in a while, a special offer. I hoard dilithium for the sales, rarely buying anything but slots. I did buy the third shuttle bay and the fourth seems likely this year.
    Being given slots equivalent to half the increase in crew is reasonable and I am fine with that. I'm just wondering where the next installment went.

Rational analysis here and much appreciated, @W.W. Carlisle .

Answer: Soon™️
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of my merit saving strategy involves saving my dilithium for crew slots. I spent a good 3000 on wrap-up packs and got nothing much for it, so that is going against my own advice. I still have 6K left for a sale. But I have decided (we'll see how long it lasts) to go free for a while, so I won't have the extra to spend. But right now I'm sitting at 390 crew spots due to two years of monthly cards and most of the campaigns. I mostly leave out crew who might be helpful.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless it would cause the servers to collapse, I'd think extra slots would be in TP's interest.

Firstly, some appeal in the game is being able to collect and use a wide variety of characters. That is dampened when you have only a very limited number of slots - there is little chance to pursue your favourite characters.

Secondly, I'd be much more inclined to buy crew packs if I had more slots. The likelihood that I'd have to dump my new acquisition or get rid of an existing character makes that less attractive.