Home The Bridge
Options

why no golds in voyages?

Been thinking about this lately & think it would be a great to add to voyages rewards... not all golds but perhaps older golds who only have 2 skills.... Would help people finish these off & would be a great random reward for newer players... Personally I only go for 2 skill golds if its the best worst possible choice in a begold option I think most players here are the same unless its favorite character...

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been thinking about this lately & think it would be a great to add to voyages rewards... not all golds but perhaps older golds who only have 2 skills.... Would help people finish these off & would be a great random reward for newer players... Personally I only go for 2 skill golds if its the best worst possible choice in a begold option I think most players here are the same unless its favorite character...

It's been suggested that "older" Legendaries be added to the Voyages as random Drops after a certain point, like 10+ hours.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I would guess dropping after 12 hours would make more sense for TP. It would help drive more Dil spending.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was mentioned before I brought it up, but here's my decrepit legendaries thread from a while back. There's a lot of good ideas in there. And @RaraRacing mentioned it in another thread recently, so I'll tag him in to see if he wants to add anything here. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    I believe DB has also thought about this before but it kinda got shelved. Perhaps this may come to fruition with TP taking over and adding engineering resources.

Would definitely be great its the just added in any 5* which is 2+ years old (or even 1+ years old?). I think thats more than a reasonable enough time frame for players who 'pushed' for those cards to maximise utility.

Definitely a fan of having them drop after 10/12+ hours. I believe most older player have already (or almost) gotten all the voyage exclusive crew and so there is diminishing value in burning up tokens to push their voyage past their natural 10/11 hours.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    yzfyvh5b0zmc.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll point out that they just did this, only better, with the first contact day behold. All older cards (Lily was newest from 2018), and you got one guaranteed as opposed to RNG-dependent. Granted it was only a loot pool of three, but...

If this becomes some sort of trend built around significant events/dates in Trek history, then we’ll have a targeted solution that doesn’t require adding code to voyages.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Except that it only lasts for three days. Anyone unable to play due to the pandemic won't have access to it for the rest of the year.

Unless they plan to add additional dilemmas, there is no new code required. It's a simple addition to loot tables. There may be issues of balance and rarity they feel necessary that could take time to debate behind the scenes however.

I'm not taking lightly the FC behold. It's an awesome addition. But limited time gifts are not better than voyage drops that can happen indefinitely.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I think that while it's a good idea, only a carefully chosen pool of legendaries would make voyages more interesting. The main issue with the portal pulls is the never ending clutter, as long as it's not addressed in one way or another, I don't think that kind of addition is relevant. That's why the gauntlet rewards are so good, it's not because the crew is outstanding (some are really average) it's because there are only 4 possible cards and eventually you're getting them to immortal, which is way more important than getting new characters.