Home Ready Room
Options

Galaxy Event Phase Advice

I looked for an answer to this question elsewhere but couldn't find it:

In a Galaxy Event with two phases, is it better to pile on as many points as possible in Phase 1, or is there a point where it's wise to wait until Phase 2? Is the answer different if I'm intending to be threshold-and-out? Any advice appreciated.
"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• Options
    I always hold my specials until after the phase change.
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically speaking, the builds in phase 1 are better than they are in phase 2. However, the SR trade in rates are better in phase 2 than in phase 1.

That said, the builds this week for phase 1 are pretty bad. I got to Raffi’s outfit and have now stopped. I am rolling the dice that the builds in phase 2 will be better.
  • Options
    That said, the builds this week for phase 1 are pretty bad.

I'm glad you said that, because I was wondering if it was just me...

"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
    -Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the builds are worse in one phase than another, but there is no way to predict, so don't worry. If you plan to do all the work in only 2 days, do the first half or the second half; don't split it. I always wait to cash in the super-rares for the second half because there is a minor advantage. It also depends if you are only going for thresholds. If you are, do everything the second half and avoid getting fewer points by doing two build-ups.