Home The Bridge
Options

So, a Second Rev?!?!?

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
My Reverend Phlox was 2 🌟, so I have a leftover copy. Is he a good one to go for a second copy of? Since I am always hurting for Med on Voyages.
Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes he is
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes. Yes he is

I figured. Even at 2 🌟 and not yet 💯, he made a lot of Voyages. Now he is Immortalized, he can take one of the seats for his Secondary Skill, which is also high. Days like today, that helps boost my Med, which is the Gold Skill. As soon as they announced the Campaign, I figured a second copy would be good, since he only needed 3 🌟 anyway.

I got six Purples to try out our deluxe air conditioned suites this weekend, so I have some wiggle room, again.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I already had him FF, and had decided to leave the second copy at 4/5 until either I needed a quick honour boost or a fifth copy dropped. A fifth copy dropped!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got one FFE and one at level 1 4/5 now. Figure I'll boost him to FE soon. and then wait for the 5th star
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I think there are only three Med/Cmd/? legendary crew in the game: Captain Beverly Picard, Reverend Phlox, and Dr. Pollard. And there are zero Cmd/Med/? legendary crew in the game. So, if you need help with Med/Cmd voyages, there aren't a lot of top-shelf choices. That's what makes this Phlox so valuable.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med/Com is always a sought after combo as there are not many strong characters in the game with that set. I already had him immortalized, but gladly took another at 4/5. Even at lower star levels, he can be useful on voyages.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Med/Com is always a sought after combo as there are not many strong characters in the game with that set. I already had him immortalized, but gladly took another at 4/5. Even at lower star levels, he can be useful on voyages.

Yep. I put two copies of him on my latest Voyage even though the 2nd one is only 4/5 right now — he was the best option for that particular slot — and still got past 10 hours without refilling.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloria and Humbled Archer fill two seats for me on MED/COM voyages
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting...I found that I wasn’t using Gloria on MED/COM (or MED/DIP) voyages and chucked her in the freezer. Also, now that I think about it, I didn’t send AoS Crusher on the MED/COM voyage I sent out last night, either. Maybe it’s time she head that way as well?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Delta Paris, Gloria and Prince Bashir go out on every single one of my Med/Cmd voyages. Sometimes even Future Bashir although he's only 4/5.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting...I found that I wasn’t using Gloria on MED/COM (or MED/DIP) voyages and chucked her in the freezer. Also, now that I think about it, I didn’t send AoS Crusher on the MED/COM voyage I sent out last night, either. Maybe it’s time she head that way as well?

USE THEM!!! For a skill combo like that anyone with both helps, whether it’s the primary secondary or tertiary. When you have someone with both, put them on the ship

• Options
    The Keeper, Humbled Archer, Dark Empath Troi, Warship EMA, and Mycelial Culber are also excellent choices.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I left out The Keeper, and old man Bashir but his skills are weak. I didn’t mention the others because I can only speak on who I have
  • Options

USE THEM!!! For a skill combo like that anyone with both helps, whether it’s the primary secondary or tertiary. When you have someone with both, put them on the ship

My current voyage is sporting the following (all are immortal):

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

The primary/secondary skills are a little low for what we normally consider ideal for a 10-hour voyage but all the tertiaries are at least 5000 and two are over 6000. Although it’s possible that I could have pushed the top skills higher with different crew (Gloria, AoS Crusher, The Keeper, or even Prince Bashir), I had Gloria immortal from the day I hit Tier 80 in her campaign until about a month ago and she went on maybe one voyage in all that time....she just didn’t make the cut over other MED/DIP crew, even for balance on a voyage with a completely different skill set (like Wrathful Kirk going on a 10-hour SCI/MED voyage or Ba’ul going on a 10-hour DIP/SCI voyage). The same is sadly true for Prince Bashir, come to think of it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

The primary/secondary skills are a little low for what we normally consider ideal for a 10-hour voyage but all the tertiaries are at least 5000 and two are over 6000. Although it’s possible that I could have pushed the top skills higher with different crew (Gloria, AoS Crusher, The Keeper, or even Prince Bashir), I had Gloria immortal from the day I hit Tier 80 in her campaign until about a month ago and she went on maybe one voyage in all that time....she just didn’t make the cut over other MED/DIP crew, even for balance on a voyage with a completely different skill set (like Wrathful Kirk going on a 10-hour SCI/MED voyage or Ba’ul going on a 10-hour DIP/SCI voyage). The same is sadly true for Prince Bashir, come to think of it.

I’m guessing the reason I use Gloria and you’re not is the Banjo voyage staffing method: so far it looks like I’m the only one that staffs that way

• Options

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

I’m guessing the reason I use Gloria and you’re not is the Banjo voyage staffing method: so far it looks like I’m the only one that staffs that way

That definitely could be. I don’t remember the last time I sent out a voyage with less than 4000-4500 for my worst skill, though I think I have enough of the top-end voyages that I could certainly try out the Banjo Method for one of my stronger combos, probably ENG/SCI or COM/SEC.

Which reminds me...I was updating my 10-hour voyage tracker and I’ve sent two such COM/SEC voyages with almost completely different crew on each. Only Wrathful Kirk, High Roller Sisko, Garth, and Determined Janeway ended up on both. The only other combo that I’ve doubled up on 10-hour voyages since I started tracking this the other week is COM/SCI, and half of the crew were on both of those - the four most obvious ones (Captain Spock, Mountaineer Spock, Honored Owo, and Tenavik) plus Pollard and Mycelial Culber. Not sure yet what conclusions I can draw from such a limited sample set, just something neat I figured was worth sharing.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

That definitely could be. I don’t remember the last time I sent out a voyage with less than 4000-4500 for my worst skill, though I think I have enough of the top-end voyages that I could certainly try out the Banjo Method for one of my stronger combos, probably ENG/SCI or COM/SEC.

Which reminds me...I was updating my 10-hour voyage tracker and I’ve sent two such COM/SEC voyages with almost completely different crew on each. Only Wrathful Kirk, High Roller Sisko, Garth, and Determined Janeway ended up on both. The only other combo that I’ve doubled up on 10-hour voyages since I started tracking this the other week is COM/SCI, and half of the crew were on both of those - the four most obvious ones (Captain Spock, Mountaineer Spock, Honored Owo, and Tenavik) plus Pollard and Mycelial Culber. Not sure yet what conclusions I can draw from such a limited sample set, just something neat I figured was worth sharing.

Huh. Once you get more data a picture will present itself. For bragging purposes only, I had two 11 hours within a few days of each other using the Banjo method

hxzrb3wv3v9z.png
    ixmhh5fkgobm.png

• Options

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

Huh. Once you get more data a picture will present itself. For bragging purposes only, I had two 11 hours within a few days of each other using the Banjo method

hxzrb3wv3v9z.png
    ixmhh5fkgobm.png

Well, I’ll be able to do a little compare/contrast once this next voyage is in - same ship and skills but I’m trying my best version of the Banjo Method. As I my second Rev Phlox isn’t leveled yet and I didn’t feel like thawing Gloria, I had to make do with the following:

-Borg Queen instead of Laborer Kirk
    -DF Paris instead of Wrathful Kirk
    -AoS Crusher instead of Mirror Bev
    -Tuxedo Nog instead of Amelia Earhart
    -1/5* Krenim Guest Paris instead of Ba’ul
    -The Keeper instead of Owo

(Not exact replacements, of course, as the other six were rearranged.)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

hxzrb3wv3v9z.png
    ixmhh5fkgobm.png

Well, I’ll be able to do a little compare/contrast once this next voyage is in - same ship and skills but I’m trying my best version of the Banjo Method. As I my second Rev Phlox isn’t leveled yet and I didn’t feel like thawing Gloria, I had to make do with the following:

Good luck! As I said before, it’s a risk and sometimes craps our early but on the other hand you get some that pay off big. Don’t be discouraged if you see lower than normal AM at the dilemnas. With the 13-13-12 method, all the way up to 10 hours I lose an average of 700 AM between dilemnas, usually starting at the two hour mark as my other three skills start failing around two hours. So if you have 700 or more at 8 hours there’s a very good chance you will make 10 hours. If I am at 400 or more at 10 I know I have a good shot at 11.

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Dr. Pollard
    Rev Phlox
    Warship EMA x2
    Mycelial Culber
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Prof Sato
    Wrathful Kirk
    Laborer Kirk
    Amelia Earhart
    Honored Owo
    Ba’ul
    Mirror Bev

hxzrb3wv3v9z.png
    ixmhh5fkgobm.png

Good luck! As I said before, it’s a risk and sometimes craps our early but on the other hand you get some that pay off big. Don’t be discouraged if you see lower than normal AM at the dilemnas. With the 13-13-12 method, all the way up to 10 hours I lose an average of 700 AM between dilemnas, usually starting at the two hour mark as my other three skills start failing around two hours. So if you have 700 or more at 8 hours there’s a very good chance you will make 10 hours. If I am at 400 or more at 10 I know I have a good shot at 11.

Here’s some “napkin math” that supports the Banjo method:

ov8j1krnblf9.jpeg
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Well, RNG giveth and it taketh away...that or only being able to gin up 8k DIP instead of 12k along with the 12k-ish MED/COM. Whatever the reason, I just recalled five minutes short of where the other one ended up, so that’s not too shabby.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, RNG giveth and it taketh away...that or only being able to gin up 8k DIP instead of 12k along with the 12k-ish MED/COM. Whatever the reason, I just recalled five minutes short of where the other one ended up, so that’s not too shabby.

It does have its heartbreak but it also has moments of glory!

• Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    I too had Rev Phlox immortalized and received a 4/5 copy from the campaign. I’m really struggling with keeping him/leveling him, though, because I dislike dupes in general and there are still so many other (good, unique) characters I need to spend my resources on, like Torpedo McCoy, Wrathful Kirk, etc.

I mean, the Rev has a rare skillset and is good, but...would I rather have a dupe of the Rev or get my Torpedo McCoy leveled up and immortalized? I’m not sure.
  • Options
    I leveled up my tier 20 rev and my tier 40 rev from the campaign separately because I knew I wanted two from the start. I currently have one complete and the other at 2/5*.

I did the same with Picard and number one. Once you confirm a card is a home run, why not plan on having two from the start with both campaign’s and Mega-Events?

I’m working on my 2nd fo Burnham from a recent behold as well. I also have a 2/5* Braxton and if he comes up in another behold I will not be adding a star, I’ll be starting a new card.

Long live the “top 20/rare skill combo” dupe!!!