Home The Bridge
Options

Double your crew question

This discussion was created from comments split from: double up offers.

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, out of curiosity. Is there a reason why a business limits people giving them cashy folding money?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Is there any reason to necro a 2.5 year old thread? ;)

Just saw it. And wondered about this "No. No. Keep your $25." thing.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not 72 hours anymore. It’s 24
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

But why do they block it? If someone gets twelve Legendaries in a day, and has the $300 to give them, why do they not want $275 of it?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

But why do they block it? If someone gets twelve Legendaries in a day, and has the $300 to give them, why do they not want $275 of it?

Because the person who would spend $300 on offers would spend more chasing packs for the crew. So DB/TP want to limit how often people can take advantage of the offer so they can get the big spender to spend even more.
  • Options
    ChangChang ✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Then five hours before the event ended I hit a Caretaker on accident from a streak box in Gauntlet, which triggered my DYC.[/i]

Wish I could get those accidents in gauntlet... :smiley:
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »

Then five hours before the event ended I hit a Caretaker on accident from a streak box in Gauntlet, which triggered my DYC.[/i]

Wish I could get those accidents in gauntlet... :smiley:

It was a semi accident, my system worked to perfection, the accident involved me forgetting to pump the brakes.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not necro thread, please - I created a new discussion based on the newest comment.

Oh, and I removed the personal comments too.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Let's not necro thread, please - I created a new discussion based on the newest comment.

Oh, and I removed the personal comments too.

Sorry, Shan!!!!!

{I'ma make a Macro.}

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I know it seems like a business "should" let you spend whatever you want. But if you think about it from financial and game balance perspective, there are good reasons to have limits.

From their perspective, they don't want as much as they can get "asap." They want a stead predictable income. Huge highs and lows are unpredictable and investors and financiers prefer predictable.

Pulling out any limits can disrupt the balace of the game. If money is too strong a force, the free to play and modest spenders may decide it's just not worth playing. Big spenders are great, but it's the core that spends predictably that they base their budgets and game mechanics on.

As relates specifically to DYC. Lets say you get a 5*. The offer pops up. You buy it. A second copy is added to your crew...triggering another offer. One pull and four automatic DYCs later, you have it FF. The game is about collecting, if you collect everything all at once there is nothing left to do. Having to pull three time minimum (or citing) means you need to play events to get portal pulls. You have to play to farm for honor and chrons. They make more with people buying packs for random draws than allowing people to instantly pay to FF.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    I know it seems like a business "should" let you spend whatever you want. But if you think about it from financial and game balance perspective, there are good reasons to have limits.

From their perspective, they don't want as much as they can get "asap." They want a stead predictable income. Huge highs and lows are unpredictable and investors and financiers prefer predictable.

Pulling out any limits can disrupt the balace of the game. If money is too strong a force, the free to play and modest spenders may decide it's just not worth playing. Big spenders are great, but it's the core that spends predictably that they base their budgets and game mechanics on.

As relates specifically to DYC. Lets say you get a 5*. The offer pops up. You buy it. A second copy is added to your crew...triggering another offer. One pull and four automatic DYCs later, you have it FF. The game is about collecting, if you collect everything all at once there is nothing left to do. Having to pull three time minimum (or citing) means you need to play events to get portal pulls. You have to play to farm for honor and chrons. They make more with people buying packs for random draws than allowing people to instantly pay to FF.

I am not a programmer,but surely there are a few on the Forum? Would it be impossible to code against DYC triggering DYC?

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is impossible. But to code it that way would be quite a bit more complex. It would also increase the amount of memory space and processing required on the server side to track copy info for each card, for each player. All of which severely complicates cross platform compatibility and bug testing.

As is, the game simply needs to record a single state on the server (has a DYC been triggered for this player) with a timer. Having the servers track recent DYC states for individual cards and separate timers would bloat the demand on memory and processing power. If you chose instead to record recent activity and poll the database, again you have increased the demands on memory and processing. Adding this database and making sure the different platforms use it without error complicates the process of adding each new character.

I may be mistaken, and if so I welcome Shan correcting my assumptions. But I think you missed the main point. Difficulty isn't actually the major factor in why they haven't and won't change the game to allow multiple Legendaries to trigger a DYC in a single day. They want your money, but they want you to spend it over a longer time. They want people to get new crew primarily by playing the game, and smashing packs, not by buying it in a single sitting. To take the frosting off the donut, if they wanted people to spend the way most people seem to want them to, they would simply put a method of buying whichever card a player wanted, whenever they wanted. If my assumptions are inaccurate, I look forward to being wrong. But the fact that a direct for cash market doesn't exist in the game seems to prove my point.

You could take issue to the Make It So and suggest how a DYC is handled be changed. The only change I can imagine they might be open to, could be allowing a player to dismiss an offer without purchace allowing the timer to be reset. This would address the issue Bylo Band raised. It doesn't seem unreasonable to allow a player to dismiss a DYC in order to ensure the option exists for a different pull or event drop. Allowing players to cherry pick may be more control than they want us to have.