Home The Bridge
Options

Portal offers not for everyone?

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
Today I read on Facebook that for some there were some quite nice offers in the portal yesterday:

phecka9iff2x.jpeg
epa710kt6fcw.jpeg

Others commented that they reloaded the game several times and did not see them. I had them neither.

People who got them reported that the ones they did not buy disppeared the same day despite the duration counter indicating otherwise.

What kind of sorcery was that?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    Nice offers I definitely did not get them and no one in fleet said anything!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see or hear about them either. The packs and dilithium look tempting, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see them and I would have bought!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they quietly and softly faded away, sounds like it was a wrong code got mixed in with the Update stuff. Like the Leaked Ten. Who all showed up at once and were quickly removed. IIRC, we have gotten all but two. Naassican and No Rugrats Picard. But they came out individually, over time.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Today I read on Facebook that for some there were some quite nice offers in the portal yesterday:

phecka9iff2x.jpeg
    epa710kt6fcw.jpeg

Others commented that they reloaded the game several times and did not see them. I had them neither.

People who got them reported that the ones they did not buy disppeared the same day despite the duration counter indicating otherwise.

What kind of sorcery was that?

Looking at the amounts of Chronitons & Diluthiums, seems like there was a theme. Surprised the Portal Packs were not 17, instead of 15......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's... Not great. Mobile game studios began doing this a couple years ago, you get personalized pricing and offers, the less you spend the better the offers are. It's something that has been widely discussed for years.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    That's... Not great. Mobile game studios began doing this a couple years ago, you get personalized pricing and offers, the less you spend the better the offers are. It's something that has been widely discussed for years.

But, we don't know that these even were "targeted offers". Maybe only certain people saw them, because it was a mistake, that was quickly corrected before most people even saw them.

It might not be an actual piece of actual sky...........
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do recall a 1701 thing before. Perhaps it was a ghost from another time
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like it is a bad sign for my mental health that I am actually jalous about offers for cash. :(
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »

I don't think it was a personalized offer, it looks more like a mistake. It wouldn't have disappeared before the end of the countdown if it had been intentional.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was common to have different offers depending on the platform used.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was common to have different offers depending on the platform used.

Not since they did away with the every Monday offer which was quite a while ago. I believe we have had a large enough sample size of people posting offers to see we all get the same ones. I’m 85% sure this was a ghost from when they put the 1701 specials up before

• Options
    It would be nice to have some official confirmation that players who spend less get better deals. Just so I can remember to open my wallet if it is false.

I remember the Survivalist Kirk saga. Should I not log in to the game for a while in order to sweep up a 5* freebie?

There is no respect for loyalty in this game.
  • Options
    While I'm not a DB employee, I did saw these offers and can tell you :
    They appeared during server update, for a very limited time. AFAIK they would have been visible to everyone IF you checked during that very specific timelapse (few minutes once update was deployed).
    More importantly : they couldn't be bought. Trust me, I tried. :p
  • Options
    It would be nice to have some official confirmation that players who spend less get better deals. Just so I can remember to open my wallet if it is false.

I remember the Survivalist Kirk saga. Should I not log in to the game for a while in order to sweep up a 5* freebie?

There is no respect for loyalty in this game.

I'm a low spending player and I further reduced my expenses starting last summer, so I should have seen them but I didn't. Also, I've never seen "better" offers in general. As long as I was still buying the occasional 10x10 offer I would have probably bought it more often if it had appeared more often.

To be honest, I don't expect them to ever make better deals for people who spend less (they know players will talk about these things and find out). But they could offer cheaper deals to people who spend less, as in, less stuff for less money. That would probably allow them to sell more offers.
    Or they could just introduce some cheaper offers for everyone, like the 5x5 on that one Tuesday pack (with really bad crew, sadly) they once had last autumn. Would be nice to see something like that again.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm not a DB employee, I did saw these offers and can tell you :
    They appeared during server update, for a very limited time. AFAIK they would have been visible to everyone IF you checked during that very specific timelapse (few minutes once update was deployed).
    More importantly : they couldn't be bought. Trust me, I tried. :p

I think this was not applicable to everyone. One guy on FB wrote that he did not buy the chron offer which indicates that he did buy the other two.

I too think that this was a mistake that was fixed quickly. I do not suspect that it was meant for low spenders only.

It would just be nice if TP brought them up for everyone anytime soon. :)
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about 114% sure it was a server hiccup related to the weekly update and only viewable on a certain platform. I'm also about 117% sure it will be global for everyone to buy Soon
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Saw the offers on Android and Steam, but not on Win10 which is around 12% cheaper for me, so didn't buy.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not see them, but would have been seduced for some disposable income if I had.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...