Home Engineering Room

Problem with Fenris Ranger Seven’s 3* Outfit Build

EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
This doesn’t look right; typically you have to build up lower ranked versions of the items to build the higher ranked ones.

ij13s77c83tc.png
Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)

Comments

• Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    This doesn’t look right; typically you have to build up lower ranked versions of the items to build the higher ranked ones.

ij13s77c83tc.png

All looks ok to me.
  • LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    This was a source of some confusion to me when I was first playing, but it's not a bug.
    STT characters' items are sometimes built using multi-star components that are themselves built up from lower-number-of-stars components; and sometimes, you have to just have a higher-ranked component. The higher-ranked components typically drop from more difficult missions, so to get them "naturally" you have to succeed at harder missions. This is a progression mechanic, basically funneling the player into getting through the "campaign" of missions and maxing out all stars through Epic difficulty on those missions, to unlock easy/warp drop of components needed to level up characters.

Of course, you can always Replicate something, so there's a way to (slowly) put together kit for characters even if you lack enough crew to succeed at hard missions. And if you join a fleet that has leveled up the starbase Industrial Replicator, you get extra uses of the replicator daily, so high-level fleets give a potentially *huge* bonus to players: they can much more rapidly equip high-level characters because they don't have to spend hundreds (sometimes thousands) of chronitrons warping through tough expensive missions to try and get rare drops. Replicating the clothing equipment for level 90+ 5* characters two or three times a day is a massive savings on chrons.

Anyway yeah, what you're seeing on Fenris Ranger Seven's outfit here is expected behavior.