Home The Bridge
Options

The Star Base Shuffle...

SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
This may have been stated before, but given the rarity of holoemitters, it would be nice if the Admiral and/or officers could redistribute resources within the Star Base. I’d be a fan even with a penalty of some sort to do so (like 10%)... I get that we can (and do) set up priorities in the SB, but not everyone pays the best attention to that. Just my two-cents.
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about if everyone donates to the admiral and the admiral distributes them?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always put my components in the room on the left. I can understand the frustration of admirals who don't get that kind of cooperation. I support this idea.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before we were maxed I put the component there was the least of in the flagged rooms. Still do even though it’s just replicator rooms. I do see that holoemitters are more rare than the others but I’ve never once said oh my god I don’t have 700 holoemitters to donate
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am definitely in favor of some sort of starbase resource rethink and i support what you are doing. This has been mentioned before and I think the breakdown always comes down to admirals really wanting this power, and active players for the most part not wanting to lose the freedom they have in making a choice.

With that being said, would it be an acceptable solution for you @SoupKitchen Riker to instead give admirals the ability to place blockers on rooms they do NOT want to allow donations for instead of the current recommendations system?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I am definitely in favor of some sort of starbase resource rethink and i support what you are doing. This has been mentioned before and I think the breakdown always comes down to admirals really wanting this power, and active players for the most part not wanting to lose the freedom they have in making a choice.

With that being said, would it be an acceptable solution for you @SoupKitchen Riker to instead give admirals the ability to place blockers on rooms they do NOT want to allow donations for instead of the current recommendations system?

Speaking for myself, I’d prefer it.
  • Options
    Really like the idea of locking/blocking rooms!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, HoloEmitters should go up for most people in Phase Two.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three times (most recently this week) I had to deduce the identities of captains thowing holoemitters away into the reclimator (despite multiple warnings) by checking almost every hour and when I notice an increase check to see who had been online since I last checked, and then use the process of eliminaton. This is tedious and can take up to a couple weeks. Each time fortunatley it is someone who is very confused rather than mallicious (most recently it was someone who did not know the names of the starbase components and had no idea what "holoemitters" were; another did not pay attention to room names or discriptions and just saw the "level 0" on the reclimator and assumed it needed to be leveled up, a third actually wanted rations until I pointed out that it's the same replication power as putting them in the replicator directly, only less becuase it's evenly distributed across the fleet and they were the only one feeding the reclimator).
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to block rooms would solve the issue. Easy. Not sure its easy to code though.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to block rooms would solve the issue. Easy. Not sure its easy to code though.

Yeah. Coding usually is what affects stuff being implemented.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    blocking rooms is a great idea. i've seen holoemitters dumped on the replication room instead of the recommended room, wtf!
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to block the reclamation rooms would obviously be the optimum solution. If that’s too difficult to code, an acceptable alternative would be to just make them like every other room, and that ONLY an officer can start the upgrade.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I would be in favor of that, but I do think that a one time redistribution should be allowed with that. We’ve got a room that has 20k holoemitters that has just accumulated over time, even though it is not a priority room.

And, I have no idea of the coding it would take to do that...

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is obvious. Terror must be maintained, or the [starbase enhancements] are doomed.

vxlgmy5avghs.jpg