Home The Bridge
Options

Vulcan collection update

[S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Two new tiers with +1% med and +1% dip prof.

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just getting ready to start a thread.
    Notes:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16028/server-release-notes-04-27#latest

Now... If only there were a way to get more Vulcans...
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Finally an update I have tons of!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just Immortalized Young T'Pau. Good timing....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoping for this one. Excellent timing as Tuvix will be immortalized this week.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had exactly 30! Good for me!
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I need two more for the +1% DIP.

Thanks for expanding.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DB.

I needed another reminder that I don't have Gangster Spock.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, with this collection, it's time to make another trait plea. The fact that Miranda Jones has the Vulcan trait but Michael Burnham does not, makes no sense.

From Memory Alpha:
    Although Human, Dr. Jones had never visited the planet Earth; she did however spend four years on Vulcan. While on Vulcan, she studied Vulcan mental discipline to turn her telepathic abilities "off" in order to maintain her sanity.

So, Miranda spent 4 years on Vulcan. But Burnham basically lived as a Vulcan for over a dozen years, and studied at the Vulcan Science Academy for 4 of those years.

It seems that species traits are handed out like candy sometimes — for example, Odo, Rom & Kasidy Yates having the Bajoran trait. But this one is, imo, a no-brainer.

I second the motion!

• Options
    [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    Now... If only there were a way to get more Vulcans...

y81oxzp46bku.gif

The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    So, with this collection, it's time to make another trait plea. The fact that Miranda Jones has the Vulcan trait but Michael Burnham does not, makes no sense.

From Memory Alpha:
    Although Human, Dr. Jones had never visited the planet Earth; she did however spend four years on Vulcan. While on Vulcan, she studied Vulcan mental discipline to turn her telepathic abilities "off" in order to maintain her sanity.

So, Miranda spent 4 years on Vulcan. But Burnham basically lived as a Vulcan for over a dozen years, and studied at the Vulcan Science Academy for 4 of those years.

It seems that species traits are handed out like candy sometimes — for example, Odo, Rom & Kasidy Yates having the Bajoran trait. But this one is, imo, a no-brainer.

I second the motion!

third!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miranda Jones essentially added a part of Vulcan to herself in mastering Vulcan mental techniques. If Burnham did something similar and uses her Vulcan-specific training regularly in her life, then I accept your argument. (I don’t know the answer because... ya know.) Studying at the VSA isn’t necessarily enough - we wouldn’t consider an American to be British just because they got a degree at Oxford. I’ll leave it here - if there are good arguments for Burnham-the-Vulcan, then let it be so.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miranda Jones essentially added a part of Vulcan to herself in mastering Vulcan mental techniques. If Burnham did something similar and uses her Vulcan-specific training regularly in her life, then I accept your argument. (I don’t know the answer because... ya know.) Studying at the VSA isn’t necessarily enough - we wouldn’t consider an American to be British just because they got a degree at Oxford. I’ll leave it here - if there are good arguments for Burnham-the-Vulcan, then let it be so.

She did stay on Vulcan for many years, learn Vulcan martial arts and Vulcan meditation and thought techniques. Admittedly, she did not get good grades in Vulcan Nerve Pinch class but otherwise proved adept.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katra McCoy counts, because he was carrying Spock's katra. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sarek himself say she carried part of him left over from reviving her after the bombing? That was how he could reach her mentally over distance.
    If carrying a Vulcan katra gets you into the collection, would part of one be enough? Desert Archer would count for bearing Surak and, maybe, any version of Picard after his meld with Sarek. That was why Spock melded with Picard, to reach that nugget of his father left behind.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...yesssss one more reason to cite up Solok :D
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked out the numbers. Getting to 30 is easy enough. But 40 is full of too many 5* crew
    Maybe eventually, but not very soon.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked out the numbers. Getting to 30 is easy enough. But 40 is full of too many 5* crew
    Maybe eventually, but not very soon.

The two milestones are 25 and 40. There are 29 non-legendary Vulcans, so the lower milestone is easily achievable for most players.

If Burnhams are included, then there are 10 of them, 3 of which are legendary. So only 4 legendary Vulcans would be needed to achieve the 40 milestone.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katra McCoy counts, because he was carrying Spock's katra. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sarek himself say she carried part of him left over from reviving her after the bombing? That was how he could reach her mentally over distance.
    If carrying a Vulcan katra gets you into the collection, would part of one be enough? Desert Archer would count for bearing Surak and, maybe, any version of Picard after his meld with Sarek. That was why Spock melded with Picard, to reach that nugget of his father left behind.

I believe a simple mind meld does not involve transferring of the the Katra. Sarek melded with Picard, but that does not mean he transferred any of his Katra. Spock melded with Picard to read the memories of Sarek, not for the Katra.

Katra McCoy carried Sarek's Katra. But at the end of The Search for Spock, this was removed and put into Spock's new body.

The difference with Burnham is that Sarek gave her part of his Katra to save her life. She then carried that bit of Katra with her at least until the end of season 2.