Home The Bridge
Options

Mambo Picard LTO

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Why do we get him? He will not be bonus crew this or next week. Did I miss something obvious?

I mean, he is good so this is fine but... unusual.
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• Options
    They have changed things up since TP took over. There have been a number of LTO that were not event crew the following weekend.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have changed things up since TP took over. There have been a number of LTO that were not event crew the following weekend.

But weren't they the week after that? I thought so...
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll bite at getting him, 3rd star. He's very good once he's FF.

But yeah... I definitely I think there's something amiss with the timing. I was expecting a Burnham for the LTO.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bite on this. I have him at 1* FF and was considering citing him up.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we get him? He will not be bonus crew this or next week. Did I miss something obvious?

The only thing I can think is that skirmish bonus crew doesn't matter. It's all event crew. So just throw out someone that folks will buy. It was my fifth star, so I did it.

For any new players considering a first copy, he's got a strong DIP score for gauntlet. He can beat Locutus if the bonus traits line up in his favor.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tempting LTO for a good card, but mine is only 1/5* FF FE, so I will pass. YMMV 🖖

EDIT: oops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Didn’t we get him as an LTO recently too?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

No but we got him as a gift like a year ago.
  • Options
    You guys know that FF means fully fused, i.e. 5/5?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    [S47] ELiL wrote: »
    You guys know that FF means fully fused, i.e. 5/5?

FF is short for Fernando Figueroa.

wfwqcktf6zu7.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

As far as I know your didn’t miss anything, though apparently maybe DB/WR thinks he is supposed to help somehow.

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe all the skirmish trait bonuses will be Casual, Musician, and Romantic?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

As far as I know your didn’t miss anything, though apparently maybe DB/WR thinks he is supposed to help somehow.

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

w24yax708oa2.jpeg

While it is almost certainly a case of not changing the existing text, I think it still earns them an “I don’t think so, Tim.”
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

:# For perspective, do you know who will be more helpful in this event? Minuet. Faster initialize, bigger evasion boost, plus shield repair. Picard is much more useful in literally every other aspect of the game, but when it comes to this particular event... He would not make the cut on a lot of rosters.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

No but we got him as a gift like a year ago.

Mine is still in my mailbox. May be going for him if I can before the offer expires.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it. No regrets.

The last LTO I could have added a 3rd star to was for Annika Hansen Seven a few weeks ago and decided against it. I definitely could have used more ENG but wasn't going to cite her up soon and she won't enter the portal soon.
  • Options
    I was happy to take it. And, as an added bonus, Google gave me $1 off the purchase too.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

Haha this is hilarious. Now I really like it. :D
  • Options

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

Technically, since the exchange of real, folding cashy 💰 is involved, would that be the kind of "inaccuracy" that the Federal government might frown upon? Unless there is some reason he really is Bonus for this week that we are missing?
  • Options
    GD2JGD2J ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Anyone else not able to buy this? My purchase button is locked, and I have no idea why:

9xa7kgdelr72.jpg
  • Options
    GD2J wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to buy this? My purchase button is locked, and I have no idea why:

9xa7kgdelr72.jpg

I've seen that mentioned before. I can't, however, remember the fix. Sorry.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

Technically, since the exchange of real, folding cashy 💰 is involved, would that be the kind of "inaccuracy" that the Federal government might frown upon? Unless there is some reason he really is Bonus for this week that we are missing?

If you want to get really particular, he could be used with the Position given by La Sirena’s ENH ability to provide his full Evasion bonus. It’s likely to have at least one DIP, SCI, or COM slot, and even if it somehow lacked any of the three he would still technically have the bonus that works alongside a ship ability for the event.

This glosses over several realities, the most important of which is that such a plan would only work on Epic and 4* ships are functionally worthless compared to any L8/L9 5* ship even when completely maxed in level, which would require an obscene amount of spending regardless of however many schematics may or may not be included in the thresholds.

I’m still going to go with incompetence with the wording of the notification text rather than anything that would be remotely worth pursuing in any capacity. He is an objectively good crew outside of the event, which itself is a tiny portion of the game, and is most certainly not required to properly compete in the event.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I bought it, now at 4/5 FE. Easy purchase.
  • Options

66toq7jqavz8.jpeg

If you want to get really particular, he could be used with the Position given by La Sirena’s ENH ability to provide his full Evasion bonus. It’s likely to have at least one DIP, SCI, or COM slot, and even if it somehow lacked any of the three he would still technically have the bonus that works alongside a ship ability for the event.

This glosses over several realities, the most important of which is that such a plan would only work on Epic and 4* ships are functionally worthless compared to any L8/L9 5* ship even when completely maxed in level, which would require an obscene amount of spending regardless of however many schematics may or may not be included in the thresholds.

I’m still going to go with incompetence with the wording of the notification text rather than anything that would be remotely worth pursuing in any capacity. He is an objectively good crew outside of the event, which itself is a tiny portion of the game, and is most certainly not required to properly compete in the event.

I'm getting more and more entrenched in the camp that 90% of the things that come out wrong are just poor communication. It's not at all likely intended to be anything. Just simply poor wording. Or someone copying and pasting the text, without looking close.