Options

7.5 Feedback and Issues thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Shan wrote: »
    There will be a force upgrade next week.

I presume you mean a forced update.

Can you tell use which day it will take place? I'm looking forward to some of the new features.

I presume you mean "us"?

(Sorry, it was just toooooooo damn good to pass up. ;) )
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    This is my first comment in this forum and after have read all the comments in this thread I could not find anything related to my question.

I have not been able to start the game for almost 2 month now better yet I can not get past the initial screen (Communicating with Starfleet) the only thing I see after a while is the message that the server is busy and or is taken offline due to upgrades.

That is the case on Android and PC (do not have any other to use)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first comment in this forum and after have read all the comments in this thread I could not find anything related to my question.

I have not been able to start the game for almost 2 month now better yet I can not get past the initial screen (Communicating with Starfleet) the only thing I see after a while is the message that the server is busy and or is taken offline due to upgrades.

That is the case on Android and PC (do not have any other to use)

Hi and welcome!
    I am very sorry to hear you've been unable to load the game for so long.
    I see that you already submitted a ticket for this, thank you.
    More details would be useful and they should have been asked. Could you update your ticket with details about the mobile device you use, and your pc? For instance, when using your mobile device do you experience the issue on wifi but also if you are using data? What type of pc are you using.
    Has anything changed recently like a new internet router/provider or anything like that.

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    after update on ios crew shares disappeared for current event. Squad leads may wish to check they are still there/ re-instate them
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had massive performance issues since the update (yesterday) when playing on my phone ... Android.
    This includes:
    - lag in opening shuttles for events
    - accepting returned shuttles
    - opening voyages
    - selecting dilemmas
    - building items
    - opening the game itself takes 10+ minutes
    - etc.
    Basically, it has been impossible to do much in phase 1 of this event.

Have played over celluar and wifi, both are the same poor access.
    I've installed the game on an old iPad this morning and am playing version 7.4.something there fine, without a hitch. The connection is over wifi.

Sure, it is a bit of a clunky old phone, but this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hang in there @RaraRacing , it can only get better if you know what I mean. :smiley:

The only problem I've encountered is a game generated "server" message that occurs in-game during starting load-up and then everything stops dead. Since I did the update I've had this happen 8 or 9 times so far on both the stand alone Windows and Android platforms. I just have to restart the load and hope it functions on the next try ...
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the new update is live now for amazon devices.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the new update is live now for amazon devices.

Thank you. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    lag is awful since update. now cant even access game on steam, facebook or ios. its hone from not opening shuttles to now not opening game. 6 accounts. cant access any
    not going to get dailies done at this rate let alone event. need some accolades as an apology i think
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    lag is awful since update. now cant even access game on steam, facebook or ios. its hone from not opening shuttles to now not opening game. 6 accounts. cant access any
    not going to get dailies done at this rate let alone event. need some accolades as an apology i think

Has nothing to do at all with the update.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16058/game-extremely-slow#latest
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    lag is awful since update. now cant even access game on steam, facebook or ios. its gone from not opening shuttles to now not opening game. 6 accounts. cant access any

Has nothing to do at all with the update.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16058/game-extremely-slow#latest

thanks Squirrel. seems a coincidence that it was working perfectly for me until i updated though
    cannot access game at all now
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    * Fixed- It restarted about five times, but I got it finally.
    * Kindle is not letting me buy the Premium Campaign. Normally is says I've cancelled the order and I haven't, but, since the upgrade, I hit the STT confirm button, but the Amazon one never comes up and the Cancelled Order one doesn't either.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    still cant get in. gonna miss dailies and campaign
  • Options
    LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    I have two Kindle devices, and run the game with the same account on both. I just got the forced update on both devices.
    Star Trek Timelines crashes while attempting to load on Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation). I tried force stopping, rebooting the device, and restarting, it still crashes.
    Star Trek Timelines appears to work fine on Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th generation). I'm able to boot up and play on that device.

I hope this information is useful or helpful, and of course, I hope you guys get it fixed for the older Fire device. Happy to provide any additional details if you need them.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    I have two Kindle devices, and run the game with the same account on both. I just got the forced update on both devices.
    Star Trek Timelines crashes while attempting to load on Kindle Fire HDX (3rd Generation). I tried force stopping, rebooting the device, and restarting, it still crashes.
    Star Trek Timelines appears to work fine on Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th generation). I'm able to boot up and play on that device.

I hope this information is useful or helpful, and of course, I hope you guys get it fixed for the older Fire device. Happy to provide any additional details if you need them.

Could you please submit a ticket with the details about the device where the game crashes.
    The name/type but also the version of android on it? Thank you!
  • Options
    LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    Could you please submit a ticket with the details about the device where the game crashes.
    The name/type but also the version of android on it? Thank you!

I've just submitted a ticket. FYI, the OS is Fire OS 4.5.5.3, and the crash occurs about a second after the Star Trek Timelines splash screen loads - that's the one with the Discovery flying over a planet with clouds, that shows the DBID in the top right corner.
  • Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    There will be a force upgrade next week.

I presume you mean a forced update.

Can you tell use which day it will take place? I'm looking forward to some of the new features.

<waving hands> "These are not the upgrades you're looking for, use..."

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"