Home Engineering Room
Options

Game extremely slow

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    I cant get on despite trying half of this afternoon, stuck on Activating combadge, got on once where my ship was in space with no menu options... lost my voyage recall.... tried on wifi and mobile data. Turned my phone off and on, other apps work....

Same here Vodafone WiFi...switching to mobile LTE
    and Telekom worked though.

So it‘s another routing issue and not TP‘s fault.

Please stop saying this. It is very much their fault for not partnering up with the appropriate networks for better routing IF it is a routing issue. Heck, if their cloud provider is not able to solve these issues then they should be looking into different solutions. This is not acceptable.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I have logged on two different wifis and tried mobile data but the game will not load. All my missions are stuck so this event is toast for now. I'm in the UK. I have tried both iPhone and Facebook versions.
  • Options
    Same, been like this 8am GMT (so that's 8 hours now). Can get on every now and then but have to keep trying.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant get on despite trying half of this afternoon, stuck on Activating combadge, got on once where my ship was in space with no menu options... lost my voyage recall.... tried on wifi and mobile data. Turned my phone off and on, other apps work....

Same here Vodafone WiFi...switching to mobile LTE
    and Telekom worked though.

So it‘s another routing issue and not TP‘s fault.

Please stop saying this. It is very much their fault for not partnering up with the appropriate networks for better routing IF it is a routing issue. Heck, if their cloud provider is not able to solve these issues then they should be looking into different solutions. This is not acceptable.

Didn t u read what i wrote? It‘s working when i use a different provider, and which route an provider takes it not up to TP, or do i miss something?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Game is still unavailable. Other games work as do search engines. This is your issue and event is now ruined. Please sort this out.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing we can do on our end at this time.
    I am sorry. It works on our end. We have limited control on how internet routing between your various locations and where our servers are.

However I will continue to bring your concerns to the team.
    If you have examples of similar games as ours that are not impacted, feel free to list them but be aware that them not being affected is not a sign that ours should not be. There is more to consider.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am sorry. It works on our end. We have limited control on how internet routing between your various locations and where our servers are.

If you have examples of similar games as ours that are not impacted, feel free to list them but be aware that them not being affected is not a sign that ours should not be. There is more to consider.

What about the biscuit situation? Is there perhaps compensation available? I mean I've not yet sent a ticket but I can if you think its worthwhile. TP being American do they have Mcvitties over there?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

This reads as if the issue has been analyzed and root caused to a routing issue. If that is the case, have you reached out to the relevant parties to request the roadmap to a fix that is urgently needed for your paying customers? If again yes, then can we know the ETA?

However, if the issue has not been analyzed and root cause not identified, how can you possibly assume it is a routing issue when it is affecting multiple ISPs across an entire continent seemingly to this only one service and only sporadically and coincidentally during a higher traffic event period? This would be simply ridiculous, utterly unprofessional and infuriating to us customers.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

This reads as if the issue has been analyzed and root caused to a routing issue. If that is the case, have you reached out to the relevant parties to request the roadmap to a fix that is urgently needed for your paying customers? If again yes, then can we know the ETA?

However, if the issue has not been analyzed and root cause not identified, how can you possibly assume it is a routing issue when it is affecting multiple ISPs across an entire continent seemingly to this only one service and only sporadically and coincidentally during a higher traffic event period? This would be simply ridiculous, utterly unprofessional and infuriating to us customers.

Perhaps you could take a step back and realize that they are doing the best they can.
    🖖
    EDIT: You can always vote with your wallet.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Perhaps you could take a step back and realize that they are doing the best they can.
    🖖

That is what I want to believe but all I see is the "it works on our end, tough luck" type of explanation which is extremely unprofessional. Don't come with a response unless you say "we're working to identify the exact issue" or "we're working with our partners to try to identify the networking issue" if that is where the investigation leads. This is hurting customers across a continent and it seems they're not even trying to identify the exact scope of it at the very least. It's mind boggling.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    🖖

That is what I want to believe but all I see is the "it works on our end, tough luck" type of explanation which is extremely unprofessional. Don't come with a response unless you say "we're working to identify the exact issue" or "we're working with our partners to try to identify the networking issue" if that is where the investigation leads. This is hurting customers across a continent and it seems they're not even trying to identify the exact scope of it at the very least. It's mind boggling.

Why on Earth would you think that they aren’t trying to fix the problem? Furthermore, what entitles you to real-time updates? It’s a game. Chill out & spare us your dramatics. 🖖

EDIT: Snap, I was rude. I apologize.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    There are various steps that I take when I see reports of the game being sluggish, or players having difficulties accessing the game.

I load the game myself.
    I cross reference the reports to find commonalities like geographical regions.
    Reports telling me it works on data or via a VPN helps a lot as well.

If the game itself was struggling, there would be alerts, I would be notified.

To the best of my knowledge all of these point to some connectivity issues that I, Shan, have zero control on.

That being said I will continue to bring it up as a big source of frustration for our players.

• Options
    LowCostMonkeyLowCostMonkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This has been happening all day. I’m in the UK. I’ve been trying on cellular networks and my WiFi. This is absolutely crazy. Can I least get a refund for the £10 I’ve spent on the campaign as I’m not able to completely daily missions.

You’ve got tonnes of people telling you there are there issues. This is really happening.

Everything else works fine. Every website. Every game. It’s just this game which isn’t working.

If I can provide any info to help analyse this then please let me know.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This has been happening all day. I’m in the UK. I’ve been trying on cellular networks and my WiFi. This is absolutely crazy. Can I least get a refund for the £10 I’ve spent on the campaign as I’m not able to completely daily missions.

You’ve got tonnes of people telling you there are there issues. This is really happening.

Everything else works fine. Every website. Every game. It’s just this game which isn’t working.

If I can provide any info to help analyse this then please let me know.

Good news, ur still able to finish ur campaign, even if u miss out 3 full days /2,400 accolades (depending on ur VIP LV even up to 4). :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

The game and its infrastructure could be improved to work on different servers in different continents, along with more routing options.

I personally would expect that level of planning from a service that requires me to have an internet connection and can involve large purchases like £100 event packs.