Home Engineering Room
Options

Unable to run Facebook Gameroom - WebGL not supported???

For several weeks now I have been completely unable to play the game on my Windows 7 PC, running on the latest Firefox browser. I tried again when I saw the new version had been released, but the same old errors appear now, which DIDN'T show up a few months ago.

The PC itself is a quad core processor HP and had run the game previously without any issues.
But now, I'm getting error messages telling me that WebGL is NOT supported by my browser, which it clearly is.
I'm no PC engineer, but I've followed the diagnostic tools indicated and cannot find any issues.
Firefox DOES support WebGL and it is activated, according to the display.

63pspjezi8fk.jpg

ih8vdykdefhl.jpg

After a couple of restarts, it resorts to this message...

rvc56xxdx85c.jpg

Which the browser DOES NOT agree with...

2o7893j6zm35.jpg

fz5mvkk14ubq.jpg

3wqcf1h8wmfc.jpg

What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You experience this both in gameroom and on facebook.com?
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    I've only used it on the Gameroom platform. I have no other browser in use other than Firefox and it was working fine when I first installed it.
    A little glitchy from time to time, but now it's throwing error messages at me that just don't seem to reflect the system settings.

I mostly play on my Android Samsung S9, but I was curious to see the new version (before it was rolled back) and now it's gone back to the earlier version, I'd hoped the problem was fixed, but no...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm
    The new version should go live very soon. Let's see if that will solve the issue.
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, Shan.
    Greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new version of the game is out, let me know how it went :)
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Dead in the water.
    jif7y4qy4f8d.jpg
    ylkkuzxqxapz.jpg

I tried running it from the standalone desktop link to Gameroom first - it faithfully downloaded the new version, threw up the new splash screen (very nice) and promptly sat back down again.

Second attempt - run it from inside Facebook itself, which I've never done before... it prompted me to download the Gameroom app again, which I did.... and.... Nothing.

Back to Android. Such a shame, as it's nice to be able to play on another platform sometimes (and it's a little cheaper to purchase packs!)

Back to the drawing board then, as I will NOT install Chrome on my machine - (it's tried to sneakily install itself alongside other stuff before and I treat that with the same contempt as I did when Microsoft tried for months to install Windows 10 behind my back. I'm sure that more things work with Win10 now than they did back then, but I can't afford to essentially disable my working computer, which an install of Windows 10 would have done, due to its woefully inadequate ability to work with the professional music software and hardware that I have. (Zero driver support for ANY of the pro hardware I had!)

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for the new features to appear on my phone then.

Very disappointed.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Dead in the water.
    jif7y4qy4f8d.jpg
    ylkkuzxqxapz.jpg

I tried running it from the standalone desktop link to Gameroom first - it faithfully downloaded the new version, threw up the new splash screen (very nice) and promptly sat back down again.

Second attempt - run it from inside Facebook itself, which I've never done before... it prompted me to download the Gameroom app again, which I did.... and.... Nothing.

Back to Android. Such a shame, as it's nice to be able to play on another platform sometimes (and it's a little cheaper to purchase packs!)

Back to the drawing board then, as I will NOT install Chrome on my machine - (it's tried to sneakily install itself alongside other stuff before and I treat that with the same contempt as I did when Microsoft tried for months to install Windows 10 behind my back. I'm sure that more things work with Win10 now than they did back then, but I can't afford to essentially disable my working computer, which an install of Windows 10 would have done, due to its woefully inadequate ability to work with the professional music software and hardware that I have. (Zero driver support for ANY of the pro hardware I had!)

Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for the new features to appear on my phone then.

Very disappointed.

Thank you for reporting back, I will forward the error message to the team.
    As an alternative, to play on your computer, you could try steam maybe?
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Shan - I have given up with Facebook Gameroom for the time being... it's strange that it used to work fine, but now cannot load...

I have downloaded the Steam version, and although it's nice to see things on a much bigger screen, it feels way too "laggy" using a mouse... there's no way I could use it manually in Skirmish for example, as there's no way to activate crew simultaneously (without the new unimplemented Auto function).

But the big kicker for me was seeing that the price for packs etc was actually MORE expensive than on my Android phone! That was a big advantage of using Gameroom.
    I rarely spend hard cash on packs these days, but I don't see any advantage of making the packs cost more than the other platforms!

Eh well... at least I know my PC hasn't suffered a breakdown.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the different prices on different platforms, that is not something we have any control on.
    Different platforms use different exchange rate for instance, and have different fees.
  • Options
    =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    Hi Shan, I fully understand, and I DO appreciate your responses here..

I had contacted FB Gameroom to see if they knew what the issue was - their response - "Install a different browser, such as Chrome or perhaps look at upgrading your PC to a new one that can handle the software..."

Well, that's Gameroom uninstalled permanently!

Thank you again Shan for the tireless work you do here!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are very welcome - I am sorry that I do not have a solution for you.

Instead of Chrome, you could try Opera maybe if you ever feel you need to.
    More importantly I hope that there will be new drivers for your professional music hardware and software at some point.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    It won't load on facebook at all for me now. priming spore drive
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."