Home The Bridge

Tuesday's LTO-Nomad

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Taken and DYC'd without hesitation. Used Dilithium for Recaps and Tuesday Pack. Got some good results from Packs, as well.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far from tempted. I do not have him, but combinations of SCIENGSEC I have more than a girl can ever make use of.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far from tempted. I do not have him, but combinations of SCIENGSEC I have more than a girl can ever make use of.

Same here. Two Spider Broccoli’s have that plenty covered

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Now I'll never get the image of a "Food on a Table Comes to Life and Attacks" scene from a horror movie out of my head. The broccoli turns into spiders.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Not bad. I will bite on this one. I was missing Nomad until now. And, even better, no need to fish in a pack to get the card.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it weren’t my first star for him, I would consider the pack. But he isn’t good enough to cite and is hard to pull from packs, so he would be destined to be a perpetual 1/5, and I don’t need those.

If I already had his first star, I would consider him. Also, if I got him as an option in a begold, I would be happy to choose him. But $10 requires a better scenario...
  • I didn't have and he was on my list to get. Bought and DYCd
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nomad was in my dabo yesterday so seeing him today gave me a Deja Vu moment.
    Let’s fly!
    Everyone is referring to this machine as him. It is an “it”
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been quite happy with my SCI/ENG/SEC crew for a long time; one immortal Proto Barclay plus another at 4/5*, an immortal Mirror Cochrane, an immortal Butter Churn Kirk, and more yet with the same skills in a different order have made this combo an easy one for me. Still, I ran the numbers - Nomad is slightly better than Barclay or Kirk and is significantly better than Cochrane in terms of both overall voyage score and raw SCI base. If I immortalize it, it would be my #1 voyage option for that specific skill combo and my #3 SCI/ENG/x or ENG/SCI/x voyager (Leonardo and the Banjoman still reign supreme under those criteria). As I prefer to have four aces for every voyage skill combo, Nomad would make a nice addition to the team.

This is not to say I will be citing Nomad any time soon. I still have a partially fused LtC Icheb sitting around and he beats Nomad on raw voyage score by a nose hair, never mind how SCI/ENG is one of my four most robust skill combinations and I intend for my citation resources to fill in holes in other combos first. Still, his future utility is sufficient enough to be worth stashing for the time being.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on the fence. I've got some time yet to chew on it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    edited May 2020

Nomad is voiced by Vic Perrin, has a male sounding voice, and did not understand women. Sounds pretty male. Also, we learned from Futurama that an antenna like Nomad has on top indicates a male robot.
    Let’s fly!

Do we know that’s his preferred pronoun?

LOL

Do we know that’s his preferred pronoun?

LOL

“It” is what “it” is

Goes around shooting lasers with the least provocation, also very male.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

That's Robotist.

[/Cinema Sins]

🖖🤓👍🤓🖖

That's Robotist.

[/Cinema Sins]

🖖🤓👍🤓🖖

Ex Machina

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I woke up a few minutes ago from a deep sleep and was still quite groggy but I turned on STT anyway as it is one of the things I have trained myself to do to assist in the wake up process and I saw the notification for an Iconic Crew LTO. I restarted my game to launch the LTO just to see who it was and slowly it dawned on me that this upcoming event features Janeway so I got super pumped (well, as pump as is possible given my sans coffee status) that it may be for a Janeway and then it loaded and I saw Nomad. Needless to say my spirits came crashing down.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I woke up a few minutes ago from a deep sleep and was still quite groggy but I turned on STT anyway as it is one of the things I have trained myself to do to assist in the wake up process and I saw the notification for an Iconic Crew LTO. I restarted my game to launch the LTO just to see who it was and slowly it dawned on me that this upcoming event features Janeway so I got super pumped (well, as pump as is possible given my sans coffee status) that it may be for a Janeway and then it loaded and I saw Nomad. Needless to say my spirits came crashing down.

Yeah... can’t say I understand this one either. I was hoping for a Conditioned La Forge or a Klingon Janeway. Nomad, I think is proof that the Tuesday LTO no longer can be relied on as a variant of the co I guess weekend. It is just a random Star now.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad is one I've been wanting. Instant buy.