Home Ready Room

What to do when your fleet Admiral and other squad commanders go AWOL?

I was wondering if there is any protocol or direction when the Fleet Admiral and multiple squadron leaders have gone AWOL for almost 3 months. I have been in the "Starcross" fleet for over 2 years, and in the beginning, everyone was happy and chatty and working together well. But as time went on, things got quieter, and now our Admiral and five other squadron leaders just stopped playing. Hey, that's fine, there's no hard feelings, but we need an active Admiral. I personally am the highest ranking captain/officer/squad leader in the fleet, and I play daily, so I would be up to that. Or, do we put it up for a vote from all the active members? Also, how do we remove the inactive squad leaders from the fleet to make room for other active players who deserve the position?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but if they really walked away from the game, someone else should get a chance. If you want details (I don't want to post user names here) you can PM in game, "James T. Hess", "Starcross" fleet.

All constructive ideas and criticisms welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know exactly how it works, but I think there is a way to replace the admiral with an active member. I think there's something like a two or three month inactivity requirement. The solution may be a CS ticket. It's quite a shame when this happens. You have my sympathy.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or put in for a fleet transfer to Franks N Beans (Sorry, no current opening) or another fleet.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your Admiral has been inactive for more than 30 days you can ask Support to remove them. Once you are Admiral yourself you can remove the inactive squad leaders.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • You can always switch fleets, mariners have openings for active members, and at least one squadron the needs members, maybe more.
  • That is what happened to me, about the time starbases started. I left and started my fleet.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join another fleet. Wolf 359 Memorial Fleet has 2 opening.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that the Admiral has to be removed by CS in order to be replaced. If you still have a good number of active members you can replace all the inactive officers and start fresh. If it’s just a few people, however, it might be wiser to find a new fleet...it’s hard running a fleet with a handful of active players (can confirm this personally as well).

Browncoats Beyond is always happy to meet new people, in case moving to a new fleet is an option for you. :)
  • Thank you all for your quick responses and ideas. I did start out with Starcross, so I have some loyalty there. I would like the opportunity to take the helm for my fleet, and see if I can make it active and fun again. But if not, I do welcome all of the kind invitations to join another fleet, and if I can't get Starcross moving again, I will be taking you up on that invitation.

I put a ticket into customer service, so let's see what they say - I'll keep you posted.

LLAP!
  • You could join us Space Monkeys - we have a couple of openings and fully levelled up starbase. We are mostly daily players and noone wants to be admiral so you'd be welcome to take over quickly.
  • Admiral Hess, Good luck and congratulations.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Good luck to you and congratulations.