Home Make It So!
Options

DaevDaev ✭✭✭
I usually just lurk around here but I'd like to give some feedback on this please.

I gotta say it hits a bit of a sour note personally. Given everything going on in the world, there are a lot of games - including Timelines - giving away some free stuff. Some little boosts and such things. That's great, it's a reasonably minor nice thing to do for people in tough times and probably doesn't cost the various companies much (especially when we are talking virtual goods).

BUT.... I'm a little surprised see an event run themed around Caregivers which is monetised and not see an announcement that some of the proceeds are going to support an organisation/charity in the field.

Now, I think this is just badly named. It's actually about "parents" and "parental figures", I think WR/TP could have found a better name and thought this through just a little better.

Having it as "Caregivers" and making money from it at the moment... as I say hits a bit of a sour note for me.

:(

Comments

• Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I am not sure that expecting them to donate to charity is really relevant to the campaign announcement.

Honestly, if you feel that way you should send your money direct to charity and skip the skimming from the middle man.

But since this is a feedback thread on the campaign announcement, its a joke to put such pitiful crew as the campaign premium track 5*. I mean seriously, a tier 6 on its way to tier irrelevant. Make your arguments about the other rewards still being worth $10 if you want, but honestly the premium reward should always be tier 4 minimum, tier 3 maximum.

Just another poor offer from a stream of poor offers over the past two months.

Linking back to the op, if they said premium campaign purchase proceeds would go to charity, made the 5* dark empath troi, and charged 19.99, they would sell like hotcakes.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree they are not caregivers in the true sense of the word. Perhaps a new 4 or 5 star Nurse Ogawa or something along those lines would have fit the title better. To up the price and expect people to pay more with some of it donated to charity is a bit presumptuous on where people’s money is going but if they said hey, you have the option to pay $15 of $20 with that extra going to charity that would be more diplomatic. I personally don’t like to be forced into giving to charity as I am very specific on what I donate to. To force me to pony up versus being asked would leave a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bit of hate for the Bashirs on discord. While I'm meh on them as a character at 4* they'll be the 5th best DIP base I have so I'm happy enough.

I don't really get the theme. When I think of a Caregiver I think of someone caring, or a Doctor. Maybe the Bashits were Doctors but they didn't seem very caring to me. I should really rewatch the episode.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bit of hate for the Bashirs on discord. While I'm meh on them as a character at 4* they'll be the 5th best DIP base I have so I'm happy enough.

I don't really get the theme. When I think of a Caregiver I think of someone caring, or a Doctor. Maybe the Bashits were Doctors but they didn't seem very caring to me. I should really rewatch the episode.

I can’t take Babu from Seinfeld seriously as an actor

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I can’t take Babu from Seinfeld seriously as an actor

He is a bad man...a very, very baaaaad man...
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I do agree they are not caregivers in the true sense of the word. Perhaps a new 4 or 5 star Nurse Ogawa or something along those lines would have fit the title better. To up the price and expect people to pay more with some of it donated to charity is a bit presumptuous on where people’s money is going but if they said hey, you have the option to pay $15 of $20 with that extra going to charity that would be more diplomatic. I personally don’t like to be forced into giving to charity as I am very specific on what I donate to. To force me to pony up versus being asked would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I would even be ok with being "forced" but only if I can choose the charity my money goes to which would for example for me never be an American organization, but this would be likely with an American company. So I am glad they did not come up with such an idea.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.