Home The Bridge

Amanda Grayson getting a skill change?

Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in The Bridge
From: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16094/next-campaign-announcement-caregivers#latest
Dev notes:

Amanda Grayson, as seen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, is Sarek’s wife and Spock’s mother. She comes with Diplomacy and Command skills, and the Communicator trait.

She's showing up in my cryo as Dip/Med.

opd3jt05b7l4.png

Guess she needed "Command" to raise Spock and get Sarek up?
In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"

Best Answer

Answers

• I believe it is just a typo, but she is the ambassador’s wife so there’s your command 🤷‍♂️
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I believe it is just a typo, but she is the ambassador’s wife so there’s your command 🤷‍♂️

If it was my wife she would be one skill and it would be the highest command in the game

I was referring to her status in the federation but you’re right! she probably bosses Sarek around all the time!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hope they update the card by adding a third skill to make it useful. Otherwise I find it a bit insulting to have an entirely useless card in the campaign. If this insult is intended to nudge me toward paying for the Gold track, it's having the opposite effect. Useless lower track, demerit packs, this game is taking a very sharp dive.
  • edited May 2020
    Maybe its a new Disco Amanda Grayson...that somehow Timelinezed into The Voyage Home lol
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    If they must, I would prefer they issue the Disco version. There are plenty of "mothers" in the game already without reaching back for a card that won't see use anymore. Rianna Mayweather and Moogie (who actually is Dip/Com) aren't shiny new cards, but at least they might see some use.

I don't like Disco personally, but it would be a way to adjust an old card for power creep.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not Disco Amanda. I saw the picture on Facebook. It’s the one already in game
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I believe it is just a typo, but she is the ambassador’s wife so there’s your command 🤷‍♂️

If it was my wife she would be one skill and it would be the highest command in the game

Like Pah Wraith Keiko, but only one skill?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha! YES! Exactly like that!

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm... This makes me want to start calling you Miles. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm... This makes me want to start calling you Miles. :D

Actually its Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyles.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Announcement clearly says "Amanda Grayson, as seen in Star Trek IV..."

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i just finished reading "spock's world" and in that book
    amanda is actually very important and when t'pau dies, amanda receives her katra and it helps prevent vulcan from seceding from the federation...so a katra amanda from that book would be awesome

or maybe 3/3 versions of her and Sarek from "journey to babel" would be pretty great too :)

journeytobabel1-300x227.jpg
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just finished reading "spock's world" and in that book
    amanda is actually very important and when t'pau dies, amanda receives her katra and it helps prevent vulcan from seceding from the federation...so a katra amanda from that book would be awesome

or maybe 3/3 versions of her and Sarek from "journey to babel" would be pretty great too :)

journeytobabel1-300x227.jpg

I like both those suggestions. The book one would be a great Legendary, especially if Skills/Traits were set up well. And Sarek in a colorful outfit? I'm in.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • journeytobabel1-300x227.jpg

And Sarek in a colorful outfit? I'm in.

That's no outfit...he's wearing the good tablecloth again!
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III