Home The Bridge

Shuttle Notifications

Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else stopped getting shuttle notifications? It's quite frustrating during an event and I'm now setting alarms. Is there something I can do to bring them back? I'll check soon because I think I'm getting voyage notifications still.
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine still pop up. Not sure if there’s a notification setting but I can’t imagine you would have shut it off
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for me they are 50/50. Thankfully I've spent a lifetime programming my brain to run subconscious alarms or I'd be in a lot more trouble.

(Seriously though, I do not set an alarm on my alarm clock, I can tell myself "I need to be up by X o'clock" and as that time approaches my dreams will introduce an element designed to get me to recognize it is time to go and I wake up).

But to get back on point, my shuttle notifications are at best a coin flip, and somewhat disappointingly, they are MORE likely to go off when I'm already in game or looking at my shuttles than they are to go off when my screen is off!

The same is true for voyage notifications, at best a coin flip.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting voyage notifications but definitely not shuttle ones.

I'm on an Android device playing through amazon app store.
  • I get a popup notification but no sound along with it, I am on iOS. It’s always been like that.
  • I get them just fine, but also set the timer for the return
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm out of the app, I get them most of the time but there do seem to be a few misses. When I'm in the app, I never get them (nor do I get the voyage notification in-app either). When I want to be sure I don't miss anything, I've just gotten used to setting alarms. On the plus side, this game has helped me develop a pretty good internal timer for 2 and 3 hr intervals. :D
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I finally got shuttle notifications this morning for the first time in a while, definitely the first time during this event. I do set timers during the day, but not at night. Sleep is too precious!

More annoying is NO VOYAGE Notifications!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I haven't been getting them for months, but I put it down to my device and the pitiful state of its internal memory and/or data saver settings.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Awesome tip @~peregrine~ .. Quick recall tho ... what are the specific add/double/boost timers ?
    Have abit of a hard time finding the specifics on this.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Awesome tip @~peregrine~ .. Quick recall tho ... what are the specific add/double/boost timers ?
    Have abit of a hard time finding the specifics on this.

I set up the app using the following information. Courtesy of @eXo | SilverRose , here are the specifics on the cooldown times for each type of ad:

c04ckqlhk4wf.png
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Does the 20min cooldown serve an extra function ?
    edited May 2020
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Does the 20min cooldown serve an extra function ?

Actually, I changed that one to 2 hours for voyages:

hk8fcrdrw68v.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Back on topic, I have not received a single shuttle notification during this event, but voyage notifications are coming in like clockwork. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Thanks @~peregrine~

I found the ios app you posted too ( it had quite a number of reviews etc... will see how it goes) ..
    I was contemplating how to get such in my phone for add-optimization .. but never figured out how to get it in the normal app to work ( unlimited amount of clocks, but only 1 timer ) ....

I had it set up similar to that, but have set it up in adaptive now with 7 timers ..
    20m Adcooler, 30m Mission, 1h Doubler, 2h voyage, 3h shuttles, 4h cadets & 24h Dabo.

I hope to see some more ad-boosts tomorrow when i figure out how to work the system ...
    Maybee with some more info these timers could be added to the new-players info stickies... it apparently is not easy to be found, nor is it anywhere on the wiki.
  • =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    I rarely get shuttle notifications now... at one point, ALL my notifications were playing up and after submitting a ticket, it was "suggested" that I upgrade my phone or perhaps buy a tablet or some such instead!
    Fortunately for that particular CS rep, I took some time before replying, as my initial reaction would have been to remove the entire game from my phone!

These days, I'm using a much newer Android phone, but lately the notifications have been hit or miss.

I get Voyage notifications sometimes when there's a good half hour before it's due, and shuttles? Well, it doesn't seem to matter if I'm in-game or not. Sometimes they appear, sometimes not. Meh.
  • About 80% of the time i receive shuttle-notifications and also the alerts for dilemmas and low anti-matter. Meaning i get a visual icon in my phone but no audio-alert. The other 20% i receive an audio-alert (often for shuttles, sometimes for dilemmas, very seldom for low AM) OR no alert at all. I guess it's totally random as i never change anything.

Sidenote: Some of you guys really do alarms for your shuttles in the middle of the night? I wonder what your GFs are thinking of you (unless she is also into into Trek, then you are really, really lucky <3 )
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
    edited May 2020
    About 80% of the time i receive shuttle-notifications and also the alerts for dilemmas and low anti-matter. Meaning i get a visual icon in my phone but no audio-alert. The other 20% i receive an audio-alert (often for shuttles, sometimes for dilemmas, very seldom for low AM) OR no alert at all. I guess it's totally random as i never change anything.

Sidenote: Some of you guys really do alarms for your shuttles in the middle of the night? I wonder what your GFs are thinking of you (unless she is also into into Trek, then you are really, really lucky <3 )

Replying to only the first part of your sidenote: I set alarms for shuttles before I had 5* crew, so that I could compete for 1000th place (now 1500th) and add a gold card to my roster. It was worth it to me. 🖖
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the comments here and the discord Community it does seem like there is something wrong with shuttle notifications. I arent sure if it is just event shuttles or regular shuttles.

It cost me some dilithium because I didn't always remember to set alarms, but i did manage to get Burnmum which is something. Maybe the issue will be rectified with the update that's due?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t do mid-of-night alarms. Just send out 9hr shuttles and that’s it. Even when I finished 25th in a faction event (my best faction rank), no sleep interruptions. But I will set them all day long and drive my wife nuts with them! :)
  • The latest update had no changes regarding shuttle notifications for me. Still popup (if I happen to see it) but no sound notification along with it. I therefore installed the multi-timer app @~peregrine~ mentioned above.
  • =GBP= Bear=GBP= Bear ✭✭✭
    New version running on my Android phone...

3rd set of shuttles sent out. No notifications for ANY of them today.

Also had a Voyage run out of fuel while my phone was sat next to me all morning (been doing an online training course today, so not using phone much at all)... I had no notification about fuel running low, and after using a Voyage token to set it going again, there was NO notification of the next 12hr Dilemma either!

I'd had to restart the phone as well, as it was intent on downloading and installing some new Timezone settings(?), so my cache was duly cleared at the same time...

Looks like I'm gonna have to start using the timers on my phone as well now...
    Be forewarned, y’all, that the app referenced above drains battery power something fierce.

@vickyjona @=GBP= Bear @Carmen Ibanez
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it’s hit or miss with notifications. I see shuttle notifications about 50% of the time, but that’s about the only notification I get.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...