Home The Bridge

Gauntlet = "Loose Slots?"

After a very long dry spell of no Golds (Caretaker, Armus, etc.) from loot boxes or x3 win prizes, I have noticed the Gauntlet has dropped more than usual amount of Golds in the past week for me. Anyone else notice this?

I am hoping this means a new Gauntlet crew is coming soon!
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen an increase......I posted the below in a different thread on May 4.

I suspect I am just experiencing a lucky streak after a long dry spell.... five Gauntlet exclusive crew in the last six Gauntlets - Armus x 2, Locutus x2, and Guinan. Anyone else seeing a lift in drop rates?

By the way, all just honour for me.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still feeling pretty random to me.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    i0m6smbx2uym.png

I’d say just a little loose.
  • i got the last star on bartender guinan a little while ago, other than that everything’s been the same
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    I had a gold rush in December but haven't had one drop in a couple of months now.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sharing this experience. How does it work? Can I just rub your screenname for luck?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the last month I did get a sixth star for The Caretaker and ninth star for Armus. Owing to the number of crew with both ENG and MED that I’ve developed over the last year I didn’t start a second Caretaker, while my immortal Armus remains frozen and the other one is now one star away from still not ever going on a voyage unless some really specific things happen to make him worthwhile.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had a gold drop in the gauntlet for awhile.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's second-place finish got me an Armus ... my first 5* drop since, something like November 2019, around when I hit the 10k rounds achievement ... which is around 4000 rounds of playing for me. These rounds have included many top 10, some 1st, longs streaks of 40+ wins etc. etc. all for the depressing amount of nothing (until today's - 550 Honor).

Here's hoping the drop rate is upped ... but I highly doubt it.

All I want is Locutus ... on my grind to Locutus ...
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still needing 2 caretakers to finish...

I had 2 Armus' and Locutus drop a couple of months ago.. but nothing since
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • I've seen nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Enjoy your lucky streak while it lasts.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Today's second-place finish got me an Armus ... my first 5* drop since, something like November 2019, around when I hit the 10k rounds achievement ... which is around 4000 rounds of playing for me. These rounds have included many top 10, some 1st, longs streaks of 40+ wins etc. etc. all for the depressing amount of nothing (until today's - 550 Honor).

Here's hoping the drop rate is upped ... but I highly doubt it.

All I want is Locutus ... on my grind to Locutus ...

This is mostly why I started the thread, I got my 10th Locutus the other day to immortalise a second copy. :)

Last week I got another Caretaker (2 immorted copies), 3 more Armus this week (already 2 immorted copies) plus the aforementioned final Locutus. I probably won't go for a second copy of Guinan, because that one was hard enough the first time, and I have only seen one more of her drop since I immorted her a couple years ago.

C'mon DB – new Gauntlet Gold needed! ;)
  • It did go very well for me last year getting locutus and armus finished, but caretaker and guinan are waiting forever it seems. I think i airlocked 3 or 4 further armus though but that`s also some time now. For me its pretty random and i usually get mine from a 3x win streak
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    I got a locutus in the last week, but dont feel overwhelmed in gold drops
  • edited May 2020
    For the year 2020 I have only two drops 1 armus and 1 caretaker. This is significantly lower for me than last year.

As for the gauntlet, there has been no change since previous crew were added to the rotation in February 2019. Seems completely abandoned to me until there is evidence to the contrary.
  • I have had drops of the Caretaker, 3 Armus, and finally 1 Guinian
  • In 2020, 1 gold drop...Armus. 1 Locutus from rewards.....my only one

I could do with mote Locutii dropping
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much top 10 every time and usually get at least one streak of 30 wins each gauntlet and haven't seen one drop in a couple months so I think maybe you are just having a lucky streak.
  • I run the gauntlet every day. My last gold (which was my 6th Armus) was just around mid January. Haven't had anything since. But the whole damn sub-game is random: On a 3-streak I'd pick up 4-star equipment, but a 15 streak get 20 chron. I go into a challenge where my crew has 45% hit and twice the total point range of the chosen opponent (who only has 5% chance for double), and they hit monster numbers and blow me away like I'm a level 50 1/3. It reminds me of Han Solo navigating through an asteroid belt: Never tell me the odds. Just sayin.

I'm glad other folks have better luck than I do. At least we know some people win sometimes!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    During last week's skirmish I barely had time to do Gauntlet. I still put in a token effort to prevent myself from slipping into a different schedule or whatever, but a couple times I took a brief break from skirmishing to run a few rounds. I ended up winning 1 Caretaker and 2 Armus between Friday night and Sunday night.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see any change in the drop rates. Armus and Caretaker drop like pigeon poop on Trafalgar Square for me and the others rarely to close to never.

Armus 8/5
    Caretaker 7/5
    Locutus 3/5
    Guinan 1/5
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I do not see any change in the drop rates. Armus and Caretaker drop like pigeon poop on Trafalgar Square for me and the others rarely to close to never.

Armus 8/5
    Caretaker 7/5
    Locutus 3/5
    Guinan 1/5

I wish the Caretaker dropped like pigeon poop for me :sweat_smile:
    I have dupes of all the others, but I had to use a citation to immortalize the Caretaker. And he's the only one I would actually like to have a dupe of.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Seriously, wow. How? I play the darn thing religiously and for the last month and a half I've been burning merits to stay in the top 15. What if I changed my name to trick the game...

Ya, I know. Tiny green fit.
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    After a very long dry spell of no Golds (Caretaker, Armus, etc.) from loot boxes or x3 win prizes, I have noticed the Gauntlet has dropped more than usual amount of Golds in the past week for me. Anyone else notice this?

I am hoping this means a new Gauntlet crew is coming soon!

It's RNG. Back in December, I got a total of 5 copies of Gauntlet characters (Guinan, Armus, and Caretaker, but not Locutus), within three weeks. Since December, not a single copy until this past week (Guinan). By the way, I have them all immortalized.

TP may come out with a new Gauntlet character, but I don't think you're positive spinning neutrinos are a sign of the times.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Seriously, wow. How? I play the darn thing religiously and for the last month and a half I've been burning merits to stay in the top 15. What if I changed my name to trick the game...

Ultimately it has nothing to do with how high you finish. One of my *lucky drops* was in the first 5 minutes of the gauntlet when I was only up to 96th place, and got my first 3x streak to get the Caretaker. Another one was when I left the Gauntlet unattended and got busy with life, so I finished something like 53rd, and got an Armus in a loot box.

Edit: And now having said that, I realize with that one exception of the 53rd place Armus reward, all of them have been streak drops. I generally finish in top 5, and I haven't had ANY gold drops in those loot crates for many months. Always 3-4* equipment, trainers & chrons.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »

Ultimately it has nothing to do with how high you finish. One of my *lucky drops* was in the first 5 minutes of the gauntlet when I was only up to 96th place, and got my first 3x streak to get the Caretaker. Another one was when I left the Gauntlet unattended and got busy with life, so I finished something like 53rd, and got an Armus in a loot box.

Edit: And now having said that, I realize with that one exception of the 53rd place Armus reward, all of them have been streak drops. I generally finish in top 5, and I haven't had ANY gold drops in those loot crates for many months. Always 3-4* equipment, trainers & chrons.

And before you think that means something significant, let me be a counterpoint: I've had two golds drop from streaks, my other 17 have come from rank boxes, including the one I got this month.
  • Exanimus wrote: »

And before you think that means something significant, let me be a counterpoint: I've had two golds drop from streaks, my other 17 have come from rank boxes, including the one I got this month.

It's been the same for me. And since I stopped bothering about rank because I had all of them immortal (around the end of January, beginning of February), I've only gotten one legendary, and that was out of a rank box, one of the times I ended up with a top 10 rank.
  • FrotexFrotex ✭✭
    Dam you lucky! Congo rats! My gauntlet luck was pretty bad from the beginning. No Locutus, no Caretaker, and I only got my first Armus in February. It's super frustrating
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last 8 hours:

33 streak box...
    t1f3avwziic8.jpg

And 3 minutes ago from a 45 streak box...
    oasd7geayv89.jpg
  • Nice to see RNG pay you back after shafting you rigourously late last year @Bylo Band . I've had a long dry spell lately, so it's nice to see golds going to a worthy competitor.