Home The Bridge

Faster Future 2 Threshold Pulls

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
wkb6m3mrywsb.png

First star.
I have had 7 unowned purple crew drop in the last week taking me over crew slot capacity.
Given that I don't have that many purple crew left unowned... This is a worry.

Oh well... 14 left in the portal to get
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    27htcha2rq23.png

Tough choice. Took La Forge.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I barely got to the top Threshold.
    pdnd5o2za7le.jpg
    u4pzr4fsfck8.jpg
    iw30a5h67zu9.jpg
    Two useful beholds. It was actually worth it.
  • Ivlain wrote: »
    27htcha2rq23.png

Tough choice. Took La Forge.
    I would have taken Gary Seven, he‘s tier 1 in the BBOB. But I made the same decision when Gary first appeared for me a year and a half ago. In my case I took the EMH.
    t14ssrpciufp.jpeg
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I followed the recent advice of @Commander Sinclair and did a 90K credit pull first to get a card in the first box. After airlocking my umpteen-thousandth 2* Kirk, I pulled the premium 10x and ... beGold!

ld72hz8ohqa7.png

Took the 2nd star for Dax (Pilot, FWIW), because I don’t want yet another “dirty two-skiller” hogging a crew slot whilst we all wait for Naya, er, WRG to offer up another slot expansion/sale.
    Hi, @Bylo Band !
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Does anybody else read WRG and immediately think of the word "Naya"?
    The rest was honor and fuel, as usual. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Straight drop Prisoner O'Brien, already immortal.

2x ship schematics for maxed ships.

7x 3* Honor.

@NCe ... that Burnham is pretty decent ... I'm currently running her in a gauntlet set-up ...
  • NCeNCe ✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    @NCe ... that Burnham is pretty decent ... I'm currently running her in a gauntlet set-up ...

That’s good to hear, having checked the big book decided she was the definite correct choice.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed the recent advice of @Commander Sinclair and did a 90K credit pull first to get a card in the first box.

What advice is this?

• {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed the recent advice of @Commander Sinclair and did a 90K credit pull first to get a card in the first box.

What advice is this?

Do a 90K credit pull until you get a card to drop in the first box (top-left), then pull your premium 10x pull.

Not a big enough sample size yet, but at least my stupidly overlarge credits balance will add a sheer veneer of excitement to my honor & fuel accumulation. As always, YMMV. 🖖

I feel like some key piece of information is missing that would make what you’re saying make a lot more sense to me. I don’t wanna jump to any conclusions. Can you explain the theory or provide a link to the relevant thread?
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I think this needs it's own thread to compile data.

*edit: typo
    edited May 2020

What advice is this?

Do a 90K credit pull until you get a card to drop in the first box (top-left), then pull your premium 10x pull.

Not a big enough sample size yet, but at least my stupidly overlarge credits balance will add a sheer veneer of excitement to my honor & fuel accumulation. As always, YMMV. 🖖

I feel like some key piece of information is missing that would make what you’re saying make a lot more sense to me. I don’t wanna jump to any conclusions. Can you explain the theory or provide a link to the relevant thread?

Relevant thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16000/what-is-more-fun-than-using-a-citation

Relevant quote:
    Has anyone mentioned seeing a 3 🌟 if Schemes in the first Slot of a Premium Pull?!?!?

Cause the anticipation of a very likely Behold/BeGold is tingly!!!!!!

I have figured out a better percentage of getting a behold/begold by buying a Basic 10x pull first, and if you get a crew in the first slot of that, then do your 10x pull Premium, it almost always gives you the behold/begold at/toward the end! Maybe it's just RNG fun, but it has been better pulls for me since I started doing that.

Supposition: Using a 90k credit pull for a card in box 1 will lead to a behold on subsequent 10x pull.

I leave it up to y’all to hypothesize for or against. Quibbling is our mètier, after all. 🖖

(edited for clarity)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

What advice is this?

Relevant thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16000/what-is-more-fun-than-using-a-citation

Relevant quote:
    Has anyone mentioned seeing a 3 🌟 if Schemes in the first Slot of a Premium Pull?!?!?

I have figured out a better percentage of getting a behold/begold by buying a Basic 10x pull first, and if you get a crew in the first slot of that, then do your 10x pull Premium, it almost always gives you the behold/begold at/toward the end! Maybe it's just RNG fun, but it has been better pulls for me since I started doing that.

Supposition: Using a 90k credit pull for a card in box 1 will lead to a behold on subsequent 10x pull.

I leave it up to y’all to hypothesize for or against. Quibbling is our mètier, after all. 🖖

(edited for clarity)

Thank you sir. I passed it on to the D3VIL DOG5 fleets for testing during phase 2 of the upcoming event. Should be a fun experiment.
    edited May 2020

What advice is this?

Relevant thread:

Relevant quote:

(edited for clarity)

Thank you sir. I passed it on to the D3VIL DOG5 fleets for testing during phase 2 of the upcoming event. Should be a fun experiment.

A fellow galactic phoenician reported a behold today after a 90k, so sample size is now 2. I think @Ivlain is correct in that this needs its own thread for proper testing. I nominate @Bylo Band to organize it. 😈
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what now?! O_o
  • FrotexFrotex ✭✭
    You made me curious so I figured I'd give this a try. It did NOT work.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have figured out a better percentage of getting a behold/begold by buying a Basic 10x pull first, and if you get a crew in the first slot of that, then do your 10x pull Premium, it almost always gives you the behold/begold at/toward the end!

"Better percentage" and "almost always" are good indications that this is a clustering illusion. There is a 51% chance of getting a behold in a given pack based on the published odds. You will see streaks in pulls just like you see streaks when flipping a coin. If doing the credit pack yielded a 100% guaranteed behold, then you might observe it by watching your pulls. But claiming that it's just a better percentage? Let's say it went from 51% to 60% or 70%. You would need 100s of tracked pulls to prove that is real and not just a lucky streak. Without tracking, I doubt you would even realize a difference between 51% and 70%.