Home The Bridge

Gabrielle Burnham maxed out yesterday?

2»

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My only chance was when Tactical Officer Neelix came out, on a Saturday I think.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, I always found it dumb that current event characters are offered in Dabo this way. Again, just my opinion.

Agreed. If voyage and gauntlet crew can be excluded, then new event crew should be excluded for their week and added to dabo the following server push.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    AviTrek wrote: »
    IMHO, I always found it dumb that current event characters are offered in Dabo this way. Again, just my opinion.

Agreed. If voyage and gauntlet crew can be excluded, then new event crew should be excluded for their week and added to dabo the following server push.

And then? Only the well known players will hit FTM, those that usually already max many new crew.

Like it is now, every player has a (small, 1:385) chance to see the new Leg on dabo and FTM , so it leads to more ppl being able to FTM a crew(even those that
    haven t a superfast connection and a speedy device, which is a huge key of being able to FTM a new crew, besides of dabo).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that everyone has a chance to FTM, because of Dabo.

Also, blocking Crew from Dabo has a possible issue. It's another thing to code for the next week, that might get missed.........

Then what do they do when they catch it later? "Oprah" everyone a copy, because they might have had a chance to get them from Dabo?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if random people could get a FTM occasionally. Mabye have a competition and the winner gets a crew first. Mabye some FTP rando can get a FTM for a change.

It happens. Not often, but it does happen. I've gotten one. I know 3 others in my fleet also have a FTM. It's much harder for us because we don't pull event packs often and never have the resources to clear dabo. So every once in a while we get one of the freebie cadets from an event.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    The very best time to try would be a Wednesday during a Dabo discount. Use the Ad Warp for the very last one if you get that far before you hit the Legendary. Several people have posted using that strategy for a Legendary they really really want. Like Spice Girls level really really want.........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Would be nice if random people could get a FTM occasionally. Mabye have a competition and the winner gets a crew first. Mabye some FTP rando can get a FTM for a change.

FtP captains have gotten FtM. It's possible every way other than dabo or the new purple crew packs. The new event legendary isn't always maxed by event end, special event crews, and the new cadet crews in thresholds and ranked rewards.
  • Frank? wrote: »
    So, some statistics for you, because I track this kind of nonsense out of boredom:
    Since the new 'event format' went live in October of 2018 where you win the featured gold for the next week, there have been 78 full feature events with a new crew to win. As stated previously ,when DB does the server push to make the packs for the event live on Wednesdays, the new Purple crew is added to the vault, and at the same time, the new Gold that is the reward for the end of the event is also added.

When a gold or purple character is added to the vault/profile screen, that generally means they are also fair game for the Dabo loot tables. I say 'generally', as the exception to the rule is Fusion crew, Gauntlet Legendaries, Voyage exclusive crew. The database table for that particular crew card is flagged where it is not eligible for the Dabo loot table, so you shouldn't be seeing them there.

So, since October of 2018, there have been roughly 78 instances where the reward Gold card is available on Dabo up to 5 days before public distribution at the end of the event. With that, every person who logs into the game and plays has an opportunity to see that Gold crew on their Dabo table as the top prize...but it is a very fleeting opportunity. There are, at any given moment, over 370+ Gold crew cards that are eligible to show up and be in that one top left corner spot. It's apparently random.

So, in order to get said crew, you have to check your Dabo, hope that out of 370 options, the one given to you is that new shiny new crew, and then you have to have the expendable DIL and cites to make it happen. Yes, there is even strategies to this, using the ad spin to either refresh your wheel entirely to get another stab at that 1 in 370 chance, or using the ad spin as a 'free spin' to save DIL late in the wheel game.

Also, if you're bold enough to try this, you have to weigh the cost vs rewards when it comes to timing - are you trying to win this new crew on Thursday morning, or is it Sunday night? Has someone else already bought their Dabo and gotten FTM, thus making your attempt futile? It's a total gamble, like most things.

At the end of the day, of 78 or so opportunities for people to do this, it has been done 40 times. 38 times, the event ended, the new gold crew was distributed to 1500 players, and there was no FTM name stamped at that moment. Almost 50/50. It happened 6 times in 2018 (only 2 months), 25 times in 2019, and 9 times so far in 2020.

Further, of the 40 times it has happened, 22 of them have been a 'first timer' which is to say they have never gotten a FTM credit. 18 of them have been by players who already have 1 or more.

Looking at the other 38, the ones that were still up for grabs at the end of the event, only 5 times did the person who took the claim on the FTM not rank in the top 50 of the final leaderboard - meaning they used 4 cites or 3 and the $25 DYS. 26 of the remaining 33 people got the FTM after placing in the 10 of the event. No one has gotten it from finishing in 6th or 11th place yet. Finally, out of the 38, only 8 of those went to 'First Time' claimers. So, just looking at the numbers, it is more likely to gain a FTM credit from Dabo than it is to rank high and rush the attempt at the end of the event.

The final stat we will look at is the overall FTM community - 259 individual players across 4.5 years have made their everlasting mark on the back of a card. Of those 259:
    • 166 have only 1 credit to their name, or 64%
    • 42 have managed to nab 2
    • 16 have managed 3 FTM
    • 11 have either 4 or 5
    Beyond that, the group who have more than 5 is 24 total players.
    6 players have 20 or more. 3 of those 6 are no longer active.
    Paladin27 holds all records with 112 total, as of today's Dareth. Captain Sisko [AA], who stopped playing at the end of 2018, is 2nd all time with 82.

I am one of the 22 first timers, which I did for fun. I passed on Anne Mulhall because it was already Sunday and I passed on Mirror Detmer because I had no desire to spend the resources to clear the board and immo her. Ba’ul I had no reservations because it was noon on Wednesday. I feel lucky to have had 3 shots at it.
    Frank? wrote: »
    So, some statistics for you, because I track this kind of nonsense out of boredom:
    Since the new 'event format' went live in October of 2018 where you win the featured gold for the next week, there have been 78 full feature events with a new crew to win. As stated previously ,when DB does the server push to make the packs for the event live on Wednesdays, the new Purple crew is added to the vault, and at the same time, the new Gold that is the reward for the end of the event is also added.

When a gold or purple character is added to the vault/profile screen, that generally means they are also fair game for the Dabo loot tables. I say 'generally', as the exception to the rule is Fusion crew, Gauntlet Legendaries, Voyage exclusive crew. The database table for that particular crew card is flagged where it is not eligible for the Dabo loot table, so you shouldn't be seeing them there.

So, since October of 2018, there have been roughly 78 instances where the reward Gold card is available on Dabo up to 5 days before public distribution at the end of the event. With that, every person who logs into the game and plays has an opportunity to see that Gold crew on their Dabo table as the top prize...but it is a very fleeting opportunity. There are, at any given moment, over 370+ Gold crew cards that are eligible to show up and be in that one top left corner spot. It's apparently random.

So, in order to get said crew, you have to check your Dabo, hope that out of 370 options, the one given to you is that new shiny new crew, and then you have to have the expendable DIL and cites to make it happen. Yes, there is even strategies to this, using the ad spin to either refresh your wheel entirely to get another stab at that 1 in 370 chance, or using the ad spin as a 'free spin' to save DIL late in the wheel game.

Also, if you're bold enough to try this, you have to weigh the cost vs rewards when it comes to timing - are you trying to win this new crew on Thursday morning, or is it Sunday night? Has someone else already bought their Dabo and gotten FTM, thus making your attempt futile? It's a total gamble, like most things.

At the end of the day, of 78 or so opportunities for people to do this, it has been done 40 times. 38 times, the event ended, the new gold crew was distributed to 1500 players, and there was no FTM name stamped at that moment. Almost 50/50. It happened 6 times in 2018 (only 2 months), 25 times in 2019, and 9 times so far in 2020.

Further, of the 40 times it has happened, 22 of them have been a 'first timer' which is to say they have never gotten a FTM credit. 18 of them have been by players who already have 1 or more.

Looking at the other 38, the ones that were still up for grabs at the end of the event, only 5 times did the person who took the claim on the FTM not rank in the top 50 of the final leaderboard - meaning they used 4 cites or 3 and the $25 DYS. 26 of the remaining 33 people got the FTM after placing in the 10 of the event. No one has gotten it from finishing in 6th or 11th place yet. Finally, out of the 38, only 8 of those went to 'First Time' claimers. So, just looking at the numbers, it is more likely to gain a FTM credit from Dabo than it is to rank high and rush the attempt at the end of the event.

The final stat we will look at is the overall FTM community - 259 individual players across 4.5 years have made their everlasting mark on the back of a card. Of those 259:
    • 16 have managed 3 FTM
    • 11 have either 4 or 5
    Paladin27 holds all records with 112 total, as of today's Dareth. Captain Sisko [AA], who stopped playing at the end of 2018, is 2nd all time with 82.

I am one of the 22 first timers, which I did for fun. I passed on Anne Mulhall because it was already Sunday and I passed on Mirror Detmer because I had no desire to spend the resources to clear the board and immo her. Ba’ul I had no reservations because it was noon on Wednesday. I feel lucky to have had 3 shots at it.

• 16 have managed 3 FTM
    • 11 have either 4 or 5

That’s cool. I had just one shot with Q as God but couldn’t get him in the number of pulls I had dilithium for. I am ok with that.

Good thanks guys, cause it allowed me to for free. :sweat_smile:
  • Would be nice if random people could get a FTM occasionally. Mabye have a competition and the winner gets a crew first. Mabye some FTP rando can get a FTM for a change.

It happens. Not often, but it does happen. I've gotten one. I know 3 others in my fleet also have a FTM. It's much harder for us because we don't pull event packs often and never have the resources to clear dabo. So every once in a while we get one of the freebie cadets from an event.

fwiw none of mine are from dil packs or dabo either. :)
    Otherwise we're just limited by replications which wouldn't be good to do more than 1 or 2 during and attempt anyway.
    Maybe someday I'll try for a purple event crew if they're special to me.
    I might have tried my luck on the Indignant Seven pack if I'd had a Mobile Doc.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Is the mega recurring 5* under a different category? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone get it before Thursday.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the mega recurring 5* under a different category? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone get it before Thursday.

It happens very infrequently , maybe they have left some flagged or mayby since it’s only 1 day of Dabo. Soji was actually maxed early.

Someone posted above they had a shot at "Q"od. Not sure if they meant on a Wednesday. But, the Recurring should go live the Wednesday the first Event is added to Vault, as well.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the new 'event format' went live in October of 2018 where you win the featured gold for the next week, there have been 78 full feature events with a new crew to win.

[*] 16 have managed 3 FTM

I am lucky to have 3 FTM's <3

Trista <3<3<3
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always smile when I see @§ë on the flipside of Catfish Janeway. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    9 of 7 wrote: »
    Sorry it's off topic. Struggling to find a create my own thread button. My query is. See picture. How do I change episodes to show a character reward as shown on some episodes. I have completed all levels on every episode on the map. Did I complete them incorrectly or miss something....thanks.ppdpednqndfq.png

There is a thread for players who aren't able to start new threads but have issues, although that's more for actual problems than for things like this, which are sort of more question-oriented. ;)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1508/cannot-create-a-thread-yet-but-have-an-issue-please-post-here

In any case, you will be unable to make new threads until you've gotten to 2 stars as a user, and have been a forum member for awhile. This is to cut down on spam posts (which was a real problem in our previous forum). I've helped you out a bit by giving you an "awesome", which should get you a bit closer to two stars.

As to your question, many of the episodes do not have crew images as part of them, so there's nothing wrong there.

Edit: I see you now have 2 stars, so you are probably able to make new threads now.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"