Home The Bridge

LTO: Captain Harry Kim

I don't have him. It's been awhile since I've passed on a LTO legendary that I didn't have or needed stars on. I've generally bought on the basis it's just about the cheapest way to get a specific legendary.

Any reason to grab the offer? Struggling to find a reason.

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want a reason, this one is a stretch and a gamble, but... Voyager main cast could be bonus on the upcoming mega event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't have him, but I could not see any reason to get him either, would have just been another 1* for life
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's 2/5 for me and I am currently ping-ponging between a buy and a pass. Tier 5 in the Big Book, 120 voyage rank right now. I likely won't cite him, but would probably be highly likely to take him in future beholds. In fact, I believe I took his second copy from a behold after getting the first from his event (ranked reward). He'll get some event work. I think Rogue Kim and Buster Kincaid Kim have gotten a few events in the last 6-9 months if I can recall correctly.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I already had him, I probably would take the offer even for a second star (you can’t get the last three without the second one and waiting for a behold where he’s the best option is a fool’s errand). Without him already on my crew, I think I will pass due to the strength of my ENG/COM crew.
    My best ENG/CMD and CMD/ENG are (other than Captain Harry Kim at 2/5):
    • AoS Data at 5/5 (CMD/ENG/DIP)
    • Vice Admiral Janeway at 3/5 (CMD/ENG/SCI)
    • Captain Braxton at 2/5 (CMD/ENG/SEC)
    • Laborer Kirk at 1/5 (ENG/CMD/DIP)
    • Amelia Earhart at 1/5 (ENG/CMD/DIP)
    • Assimilated La Forge at 1/5 (ENG/CMD/SCI)

I've got some citation-worthy crew among the above (Janeway, Braxton, Kirk).

I'm not sure if Kim would even jump into the citation conversation at 3/5.

Just trying to think out loud.

I wish they'd done someone else as the LTO... so many good Pilots to choose from.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's tempting for me. I can use him in this event. I might be able use him in June. He's also the only Kim I don't have. Four of the seven are frozen, leaving Taresian and Beowulf to work on for the event and the new DF Kim arriving Thursday. Very tempting.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd done someone else as the LTO... so many good Pilots to choose from.

I'm really surprised with one day left in Campaign they did not do the 600 hundred Accolades. That might have pushed some people off the fence who were undecided, and have not completed Campaign. I'm guessing they picked Harry since he will be Bonus this week.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    He's tempting for me. I can use him in this event. I might be able use him in June. He's also the only Kim I don't have. Four of the seven are frozen, leaving Taresian and Beowulf to work on for the event and the new DF Kim arriving Thursday. Very tempting.

Yeah. If he does have utility for the Mega all the way through, that would be worthwhile. Today's Tuesday Pack makes me wonder if they will make all Voyager cast bonus for the entire month.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I think the Voyager mega which was voted on is the best reason I've heard so far.

Yeah. If he does have utility for the Mega all the way through, that would be worthwhile. Today's Tuesday Pack makes me wonder if they will make all Voyager cast bonus for the entire month.

Meaning Voyage bridge crew only like the TOS mega a few months ago? Doing any crew that was on Voyager like the old Disco megas would be a lot of crew, I think.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Save that tenner for a card that makes you smile. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    No. Save that tenner for a card that makes you smile. 🖖

This is probably {it totally 💯% actually is} the best advice. Especially with this being a Hybrid.......
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t quit you, @DScottHewitt .
    :lol:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    I can’t quit you, @DScottHewitt .
    :lol:

🤓🖖💖🖖🤓
    I found an Emojer that has 👓!!!!!

I'm really surprised with one day left in Campaign they did not do the 600 hundred Accolades. That might have pushed some people off the fence who were undecided, and have not completed Campaign. I'm guessing they picked Harry since he will be Bonus this week.

In fairness, I am 99% certain the bonus accolades were included with the Nomad LTO last week.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking that too.
    A series specific trait bonus has precedent. It is common for Disco and likely will be for Picard. We had it for TOS in December, I think. I half expect to see it for other series in time.
    (Maybe with NG for a Best of Both Worlds 30th anniversary event later this month. May sounds right. I was six, barely, at the time though. Remembering the month wrong wouldn't surprise me. DS9 themed for the 25th anniversary of the arrival of the Defiant would work too.)
    With crew that have multiple variants, I work on the idea of succession. Newer, higher rarity versions should, barring trait or event match, SHOULD have an edge over earlier, lower rarity versions. 1* Kim was replaced by 3* Hockey Kim, who was replaced by the three 4* versions. The two 5* Kim's, in time, should push out the 4*s in terms of use with less crew slots.
    I seriously suspect that a list of the Tuesday offers, LTO and new pack exclusive crew could be used as a pretty decent predictor of events and collection upgrades. They are chosen and created by the people who are actually making new content decisions. I doubt they are arbitrary.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

In fairness, I am 99% certain the bonus accolades were included with the Nomad LTO last week.

I believe they were. Because I finished Campaign several days earlier than normal. I think that was why......
    I was thinking that too.
    A series specific trait bonus has precedent. It is common for Disco and likely will be for Picard. We had it for TOS in December, I think. I half expect to see it for other series in time.
    (Maybe with NG for a Best of Both Worlds 30th anniversary event later this month. May sounds right. I was six, barely, at the time though. Remembering the month wrong wouldn't surprise me. DS9 themed for the 25th anniversary of the arrival of the Defiant would work too.)
    With crew that have multiple variants, I work on the idea of succession. Newer, higher rarity versions should, barring trait or event match, SHOULD have an edge over earlier, lower rarity versions. 1* Kim was replaced by 3* Hockey Kim, who was replaced by the three 4* versions. The two 5* Kim's, in time, should push out the 4*s in terms of use with less crew slots.
    I seriously suspect that a list of the Tuesday offers, LTO and new pack exclusive crew could be used as a pretty decent predictor of events and collection upgrades. They are chosen and created by the people who are actually making new content decisions. I doubt they are arbitrary.

I could absolutely see it going like the TOS mega, where bridge crew variants (Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Torres, Kim, Paris, Seven, Neelix, Kes, and The Doctor) all receive bonuses. It would be interesting if they would consider adding someone like Icheb or Seska to the list like how Chapel and Rand made the cut in December, or if the devs feel that the main crew are sufficient.
    edited May 2020
    I was disappointed that Mountain Climber Mayweather wasn't the LTO this week. That's a skill combination that might have been worth $10 to get into your crew.

True. Doesn't he have Med? Even though every time he spelunks on Enterprise, he ends up being the patient?

Ironic Skill is ironic..........

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Mountain_Climber_Mayweather
  • I was disappointed that Mountain Climber Mayweather wasn't the LTO this week. That's a skill combination that might have been worth $10 to get into your crew.

I didn't buy the Captain Kim offer, but that is an offer I would have 100% bought. That, and Braxton. Or Borg Hawk. Or Humbled Archer.
  • Final star easy purchase.