Home Make It So!
Options

Deal Idea: Escalating Beholds

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
First, thanks for the Phlox birthday behold. It's awesome! And now to piggyback. :)

What if buying the first one for 1,500 dilithium unlocked a second purchase of the same behold for 2,500 dilithium? And then let's say purchasing that unlocked a third (and final) deal for 3,500 dilithium? The price gets a bit steep, but a player could either grab one of each (if they were torn like I am) or they could get a 3/5. Or a 1/5 and a 2/5.

Would many players bite on all three? Would it be too easy/cheap for a potential 3/5? Do you have a way to tweak my idea to make it viable in your opinion?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think something like this would be viable if the escalation in price also included some modest bonuses to the purchase and was an actual real money transaction instead of costing dilithium.

So, my preference would be:

First behold 14.99 (you get the behold, plus vip dilithium)

Second behold 19.99 (you get the behold, vip dilithium and 1 10x portal pack)

Third behold 24.99 ( you get the behold, vip dilithium and 5x portal packs)
  • Options
    I think something like this would be viable if the escalation in price also included some modest bonuses to the purchase and was an actual real money transaction instead of costing dilithium.

That's an interesting alternative. I think I would prefer to start at $10 to be more in line with the Tuesday $10 legendary offers, but a behold is a little better, so I can see starting at $15. Not sure I would buy in at that price. It would probably depend on who was offered. If we could get another legendary Lorca added to the game so there were three options, then I probably would.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i think the number of purchases made would be dependent upon the popularity of the crew being offered and the interest level of the individual.

It would certainly be appealing at the 9.99 level, i would really like to pay less instead of more, but yeah it seems that the behold is a bit better than the standard 9.99 offer (but then again, those 9.99 offers also include some combo of creds, chrons or maybe honor).....you might be right.

Revised preference to start at 9.99 and tier up to 19.99 for third behold. Still would want the vip dilithium and portal packs with 2nd and 3rd behold though.

• Options
    Yeah, i think the number of purchases made would be dependent upon the popularity of the crew being offered and the interest level of the individual.

It would certainly be appealing at the 9.99 level, i would really like to pay less instead of more, but yeah it seems that the behold is a bit better than the standard 9.99 offer (but then again, those 9.99 offers also include some combo of creds, chrons or maybe honor).....you might be right.

Revised preference to start at 9.99 and tier up to 19.99 for third behold. Still would want the vip dilithium and portal packs with 2nd and 3rd behold though.

The pulls are a solid addition. I am certain behind you on that one.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

+1. I like this idea, even if I might not purchase it. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting alternative. I think I would prefer to start at $10 to be more in line with the Tuesday $10 legendary offers, but a behold is a little better, so I can see starting at $15. Not sure I would buy in at that price. It would probably depend on who was offered. If we could get another legendary Lorca added to the game so there were three options, then I probably would.

How about a non-canon option?
    I just got caught up with the latest story updates in Star Trek Online, and the Excalbian simulation where you face off against Control Lorca, among other Disco crew similarly infected, was pretty neat.
  • Options

How about a non-canon option?
    I just got caught up with the latest story updates in Star Trek Online, and the Excalbian simulation where you face off against Control Lorca, among other Disco crew similarly infected, was pretty neat.

That sounds pretty awesome! DB would have my money in an instant!

I hadn't considered this as a vehicle for introducing new crew. Thanks for the idea, @Dirk Gunderson !
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I like the idea of one or two more beholds purchasable with money (those who want to spend it will be happy about it and after all that's all money that goes into the game).

BUT please please don't make the first pull a real-money pull.

1500 dilithium is half a monthly card. That means that it's accessible for monthly card players and even for ftp/VIP0 players, as long as they save their dilithium from immortalizations and free campaign tiers. Anyone who really wants a specific version of a main cast crew might have a chance this way.

Personally, there is no legendary in this game that I would be willing to pay 15€ for and there's only one that I would pay the 9,99€ for, but I would probably buy the 1500 dilithium offer whenever there is a card that I need or want in the behold.
    I'm sure there are other players who feel the same way.

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of one or two more beholds purchasable with money (those who want to spend it will be happy about it and after all that's all money that goes into the game).

BUT please please don't make the first pull a real-money pull.

1500 dilithium is half a monthly card. That means that it's accessible for monthly card players and even for ftp/VIP0 players, as long as they save their dilithium from immortalizations and free campaign tiers. Anyone who really wants a specific version of a main cast crew might have a chance this way.

Personally, there is no legendary in this game that I would be willing to pay 15€ for and there's only one that I would pay the 9,99€ for, but I would probably buy the 1500 dilithium offer whenever there is a card that I need or want in the behold.
    I'm sure there are other players who feel the same way.
    /signed

I did pay 10$ for some crew in the past but I hardly do it anymore. It is just too expensive for the value.

So if the first one stays at 1500 dil I am fine with whatever might follow but I would not buy it.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Forest Gump said, it happens

vkl4oics77ad.png
  • Options
    Well that's a big bummer. I have a rule that I don't immortalize a legendary unless I'm willing to start a duplicate. None of those three fit my particular criteria, but I suppose I could consider Janeway or Kira.
    Farewell 🖖