Home Make It So!
Options

Question about Voyages

Any chance that Shuttle Tokens will be added to the rotation of rewards for Voyages?

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems unlikely, but that's certainly an interesting idea.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Highly unlikely a few probable reasons:
    Firstly its a monetize thing for the company, being only available through purchases/special offers in campaigns you do however get a few on the standard track campaign aswell but it is controlled and limited. Voyages can be a frequent daily acquirement of said item and if its an RNG thing far less of a controlled thing. Would it be only after a certain amount of hours into a voyage? How many should drop? Once it drops should it be the only time it drops in that particular voyage?

Secondly, there have also been many suggestions to have other items to be included in the pool of of drops for voyages and yes these are seen as positive, however there is also a big con to consider as it also dilutes what you get further whether its trainers/chronitons/honor/crew drops/ rep rations etc.

I think a more realistic possibility may be being able to purchase a pack of them for x amount of honor as alternative to people having to stump up money or dilithium price it right and it could be the F2P way of earning more of such things.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    Taking your comments into account, perhaps they could be limited to voyages over 6 hours, and then only limit them to only a single token. If lowering the percentages is an issue, perhaps they could only be available as Dilemma rewards.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash41 wrote: »
    Taking your comments into account, perhaps they could be limited to voyages over 6 hours, and then only limit them to only a single token. If lowering the percentages is an issue, perhaps they could only be available as Dilemma rewards.

Not a bad compromise. Here is a related suggestion: replace those useless schematics.
  • Options
    Crash41 wrote: »

Not a bad compromise. Here is a related suggestion: replace those useless schematics.

Those schematics... Anything they can do to replace those would be awesome!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I have too many tokens already since I really don't use any except a small handful during faction events. I really don't want to see them added to voyage rewards.

I turn all those useless schematics into gold replicator rations, now that we are able to do so. I do the same for the overabundance of star base nanopolymer components, too.

The only thing at this time I would beg for from voyages is the increased chance to get a Part 3 dilemma.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Slick wrote: »
    I have too many tokens already since I really don't use any except a small handful during faction events. I really don't want to see them added to voyage rewards.

I turn all those useless schematics into gold replicator rations, now that we are able to do so. I do the same for the overabundance of star base nanopolymer components, too.

The only thing at this time I would beg for from voyages is the increased chance to get a Part 3 dilemma.

I still want first-year and maybe second-year legendaries added to voyages in some fashion. Give us a reason to extend voyages. Currently, I want the voyage-only crew and that is my only incentive. @Bylo Band 's experiment in another thread showed that the honor and chronitons gained after 6 hours aren't a big enough difference to spend dilithium.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fairness, most of the credit for that thread needs to be distributed to everyone who participated in the discussion and data collecting :)