Home The Bridge
Options

And a New Chapter in the Gauntlet Begins ...

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
... I just encountered Defensive Phlox for the first time in the Gauntlet (and shockingly in the Rank 1 position :o )

How long do you figure before we starts to see 'walls' of these coming up on a regular basis?

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they widely release him, you'll probably never have the same "wall" effect like the old 5*s or Mirror Phlox have.
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »
    How long do you figure before we starts to see 'walls' of these coming up on a regular basis?

Very long, thank you. As long as it's needed for the time-exclusive character to be re-released to everyone, which is usually a period of six months or so.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Unless they widely release him, you'll probably never have the same "wall" effect like the old 5*s or Mirror Phlox have.

This. Mirror Phlox didn't turn into a wall until he was made available in an event. He was definitely around before that, but I never saw a wall until after the event.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    Whoever was lucky enough to get him (I know I wasn't in 6 pulls), will have huge advantage in the gauntlet for months to come - almost like when Kahless was released. It made him unkillable for a long time.

Still, the gauntlet is all RNG, and Phlox, having such a huge difference between low and high MED roll, is prone to flopping big time. That's one of the good things in the gauntlet, you can play mediocre crew and still do very decently. I wouldn't get disheartened yet.
  • Options
    He has, what, a one in thirty drop rate in a limited time pack? I'm guessing he stays pretty uncommon for now.

But when he is released more broadly, definitely. The next must-have over-powered gauntlet card.
  • Options
    Whoever was lucky enough to get him (I know I wasn't in 6 pulls), will have huge advantage in the gauntlet for months to come - almost like when Kahless was released. It made him unkillable for a long time.

Still, the gauntlet is all RNG, and Phlox, having such a huge difference between low and high MED roll, is prone to flopping big time. That's one of the good things in the gauntlet, you can play mediocre crew and still do very decently. I wouldn't get disheartened yet.

Right here. I also did 6 pulls to no avail. Really wanted mr. puffer fish.
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the trait bonus, I would say that Mirror Phlox has the slight edge in that match up.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the trait bonus, I would say that Mirror Phlox has the slight edge in that match up.

Mirror Phlox has an advantage in MED/SEC, but Defensive Phlox would be favored in any other pairing (assuming even Crit%).

Defensive Phlox has the #4 average proficiency across all characters. In the "heavy med" department, he's only really rivaled by Sulan, but his overall score is 10% higher, so it isn't much of a competition.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    The math doesn't paint as bleak a picture for everyone else that doesn't have him, but he'll probably still carry that intimidation factor for a while
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Fun fact: without the crit he would be an easier opponent compared to mirror phlox ;)
  • Options
    Mirror Phlox has an advantage in MED/SEC, but Defensive Phlox would be favored in any other pairing (assuming even Crit%).
    Yes exactly. I thought it was funny that Med/Sec (the only pairing with the advantage on Mirror Phlox) was chosen for this screenshot.