Home The Bridge
Options

Disable: Tap To Skip

Is there a way to disable the "Tap To Skip" for ship battles?

I know it's handy for when one doesn't ACTUALLY want to play through the ship battle, but it's irritating when activating abilities as the battle progresses depending on the situation, but then it just goes all fast and then blinks out and the battle is over without even seeing what happened just because clicking/tapping a millimeter off the activate button.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe they're doing the Auto play on and/or speed up thing and accidentally hit the Skip button instead?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    The same thing is happening to me. It is that the ‘skip’ button is really close to the crew so when clicking to activate their abilities, suddenly it speeds up and the battle ends right away. Super confusing at first.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Skip button just skips the opening and closing animation. If the battle is going faster, you've hit the speed up button thingy (which is right above the 3rd button, the one that will auto-play the battle for you).

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did put those two buttons close together and the auto button is so tiny.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    They did put those two buttons close together and the auto button is so tiny.

Agreed. Maybe they can tweak the button placement in 7.5.3. I love auto-mode, though. 🖖

Yes overall the changes are an improvement. I can get my 5 arena battles done much quicker. To auto or not to auto? That is the question.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    To auto or not to auto? That is the question.

If the opponents ship has a cloak then I don't use auto as the insta-damage fires when the opponent ship is cloaked.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think you have to hit the skip button in order for it to skip. My normal muscle memory has been to tap on the left side of the screen, away from the button, and that seems to be enough to skip the animation.

I’m kinda liking it, but it will take some retraining for people to do what they want go do.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I thought it was just me. I am also seeing it occasionally skip to the conclusion when I tap on that last crewman on battles I have not chosen to skip intro/outro.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    That's also been my experience. From what I can tell, the option to skip both prologue & epilogue is selected by clicking anywhere on the screen (even though the option appears in the bottom right corner). I hope this comes as good news, for anybody who's been frustrated by the button positions.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was an option to simply disable the display starting/ending animations. No need to tap to skip then...

This! +1 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such temptation to push the button!

l0if0opda9xr.gif
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be a platform thing or a screen resolution thing, as with iOS on iPad, the skip/auto buttons are quite a distance away from the crew activation buttons.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such temptation to push the button!

l0if0opda9xr.gif

I use that line, "The jolly, CANDY-LIKE button!" so often, and nobody else I'm with ever seems to know the reference. So I'm glad I have at least one kindred spirit here, SKR.

• Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    I believe the issue lies in the fact that you activate the ‘skip’ feature if you clock anywhere on the screen, not just on the button. So if any ship is destroyed as you activate a crew, it actually activates the end battle skip instead, which is very confusing.
  • Options
    Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I don't mind the feature. Perhaps have them as buttons on the side of the screen instead of the whole screen for the skip and so close to the activate buttons for the X2,3,4 and auto play? Or maybe top right corner?

EDIT: What Jim Steele said would be perfect! Basically what I meant, I suppose by disable/enable.
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was an option to simply disable the display starting/ending animations. No need to tap to skip then...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Tap to Skip. Keep!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Admiral 8QAdmiral 8Q ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Love Tap to Skip. Keep!

Wow, misinterpreted. I like the option too. I never said to get rid of it. Sheesh. :D
    Just enable or disable it. Jim Steele has the best idea and the simplest. Have it so it's always skips or doesn't in a setting. That's as easy as checking or un-checking a box. Then you won't even have to "tap-to-skip" every time if you have it enabled. ;)
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm mashing a crew that's about to come out of cooldown and the battle ends just before that my tapping skips the final kaboom sequence of them or me. I don't really care but people who like watching ships blown to bits might not like how easily that happens