Home Engineering Room

LTO Banner bugged

The banner in the upper-left corner of the screen, which interfaces with the current LTO, keeps flashing to the point of distraction. Entering and then exiting the LTO screen does not make it stop...the only thing I've found that makes the banner stop blinking, is to jump to the Galaxy Map and then back to the regular screen again. Also, the LTO screen displays the option to tab to another offer even when only one exists; page one and page two show duplicate offers.
"We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banner in the upper-left corner of the screen, which interfaces with the current LTO, keeps flashing to the point of distraction. Entering and then exiting the LTO screen does not make it stop...the only thing I've found that makes the banner stop blinking, is to jump to the Galaxy Map and then back to the regular screen again. Also, the LTO screen displays the option to tab to another offer even when only one exists; page one and page two show duplicate offers.

The part where it was showing two identical offers has been corrected.
    For the flashing, it is likely not a bug but I will inquire.
  • Just to follow up, I can confirm that the error which displayed duplicate LTO offers has indeed been corrected...thank you for that. I've also sussed out what's going on with the LTO banner, and it's actually not a bug at all. Call it poor design or hasty programming, but what's causing the "blinking" effect I described is the banner cycling through multiple LTOs currently being offered. It flashes each time, briefly changing the icon & time countdown, before moving along to the next offer, etc. So technically not an error, but an irritation which will hopefully be remedied during the next update. To any players with ocular conditions similar to my own, where flashing can cause strain/pain to the eyes...remember to jump to the Galaxy Map and back again. This makes the problem go away, in my experience.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III