Home Make It So!
Options

Please don't include equipment for unclaimed voyage crew on the Dabo wheel

CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
I often recall voyages overnight.

The dabo wheel the next day often features specific equipment for crew gained in the voyage - crew I have no intention of using.

Today both my spins were of this nature. It's bad enough getting bottom-row Dabo results, but moreso when the rewards are utterly useless!

The wheel should not include equipment for characters who are not part of the active roster.

Comments

• Options
    I'm also sick of getting useless equipment from the Dabo, when I don't even have new crew to explain the presence of these "rewards." Why are unusable items offered in the first place...exactly what is the selection process? Most days I see at least a couple such items on the wheel, which don't have so much as a green marker to signify that they're part of a larger build :(
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what are they thinking??? For Pete's sake! They seriously should add a "What Would You Like Us to Give You Now?" Button that we can buy for like ... hmm ... 20,000 chronitions or 10,000 dilithium or $200 ! Man, I wish the developers would realize ...
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This has been brought up before. Almost everybody hates this. I don't mind getting items for crew I don't have because maybe I will get that crew someday. BUT, it is illogical...downright stupid actually, to get items for crew that have been dismissed for honor, but are still sitting in the reenlistment area until the 4-hour timer finishes. If I wanted this crew I would not have dismissed them. I obviously don't need their uniform, either. And that 4-hour timer is way too long. I appreciate the chance to reenlist in case a dismissal was a mistake, but come on. The only thing I can recommend is to plan your dabo spins for when your reenlistment area is clear of any dismissed crew. But you are still going to get items for crew you don't own.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen
  • Options
    Wait... are you saying you haven't claimed the voyage items yet and items for those crew are showing up in Dabo?

If they are in the reenlistment section, that's fair game in my opinion. But if you're getting dabo items for crew you haven't claimed yet, that sounds like a bug.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... are you saying you haven't claimed the voyage items yet and items for those crew are showing up in Dabo?

If they are in the reenlistment section, that's fair game in my opinion. But if you're getting dabo items for crew you haven't claimed yet, that sounds like a bug.

Yep. I recall the voyage overnight, and the next morning equipment for crew in the voyage are on the wheel.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I'd say that was a bug, too. Because I frequently hold off on claiming voyage rewards until I give that wheel it's first spin just to avoid this whole issue.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have received items for crew that I NEVER had. There is a bug in the dabo loot population algorithm.
  • Options
    Yes...you don't need to have unclaimed crew or any such scenario. The Dabo offers items that nobody related in any way to your account, can make use of.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Options
    Yeah Septani is right, calsnowskier. That's a feature, not a bug.(tm)

The only way to avoid getting garbage from Dabo, Gauntlet, and Campaign crates is to have 10-12 unique unequipped items at each rarity level. Maybe more for basic and rare since those tend to show up more often.

If you don't have enough unequipped items for a given rarity, the game just gives you something random. Makes sense for early stage players who may be leveling characters as they get resources, but it's a drag for mid to late game players.

Since I only level crew as I need them, I have a ton of crew at various levels. I think I'm around 120 total unequipped items (in some cases multiple of the same item in hopes of biasing the system, but I don't think it helps). Every now and then I drop below the threshold for a rarity and wind up with junk, but almost everything I get is usable. It could be this is what you're seeing Calhoun, and it just happens to match with unclaimed Voyage crew - this happens with basic shirts in particular.

Might be worth a CS ticket, but they'd probably misunderstand and just tell you what Septani said.