Home Make It So!
Options

Idea for random gauntlet traits:

Gauntet seems to use the same 3 traits, from a pool of a couple of dozen different combinations. As a result, the same crew get the 45%-65% crits over and over again.

What if this was changed to be random?

TP could pick a random card, 4*-5*, and then pick 3 random traits from that card. Even gauntlet duds like Riker Q should be considered. Not only would this give oddballs a time to shine, but it would help alleviate gauntlet "walls". This would also have the benefit, IMO, of making gauntlet more accessible for new players. After all, gauntleteers (Locutus, Armus, Surak, etc.) are already powerful without getting a frequent 65% crit.

Thoughts?
Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
Check out our website to find out more:
https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

Comments

• Options
    What i’m really hoping for is a ‘refresh traits’ button - maybe 75 merits because the refresh gauntlet crew is 50?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭
    What i’m really hoping for is a ‘refresh traits’ button - maybe 75 merits because the refresh gauntlet crew is 50?

I have a feeling that, that would be hard to program (across thousands of accounts). It's an interesting idea though.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntet seems to use the same 3 traits, from a pool of a couple of dozen different combinations. As a result, the same crew get the 45%-65% crits over and over again.

TP could pick a random card, 4*-5*, and then pick 3 random traits from that card. Even gauntlet duds like Riker Q should be considered. Not only would this give oddballs a time to shine, but it would help alleviate gauntlet "walls". This would also have the benefit, IMO, of making gauntlet more accessible for new players. After all, gauntleteers (Locutus, Armus, Surak, etc.) are already powerful without getting a frequent 65% crit.

Thoughts?

This is an interesting idea. My only problem would be the frequency in which we are likely to see two or all of these three: Human, Federation, Starfleet. If there is a way to limit that to say, once a month, then I could get behind the idea.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    [10F]risky Dingo[10F]risky Dingo ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

This is an interesting idea. My only problem would be the frequency in which we are likely to see two or all of these three: Human, Federation, Starfleet. If there is a way to limit that to say, once a month, then I could get behind the idea.

That is a very good point. I hadn't thought of traits that are super common. There are a lot of humans in this game and a lot of them are Federation/Starfleet.

I remember one month, a year or two ago, where Guinan kept getting the 65% crit. I remember it being something like: every other gauntlet, six times in a row. It was ridiculous. xD
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

That is a very good point. I hadn't thought of traits that are super common. There are a lot of humans in this game and a lot of them are Federation/Starfleet.

I remember one month, a year or two ago, where Guinan kept getting the 65% crit. I remember it being something like: every other gauntlet, six times in a row. It was ridiculous. xD

I remember similar gauntlets. It was just, "nope, I have no shot this time around." I like your idea for mixing things up. It could use a tweak or two, but it's a pretty solid start. Resourceful is another that I would probably limit. But some system to mix things up would be welcome and refreshing, imo.
    Farewell 🖖