Home The Bridge
Options

What happens to a voyage once cleared all dilemmas?

SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
I am running a long run voyage to pick up all the 3-parters. By my count, I have 6 dilemmas left to clear. I was wondering if anyone knows what happens once you have cleared them all: does the voyage ends automatically? Does it get stuck?

Best Answer

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I think it hits an error if you make it to that next dilemma. I recommend recalling shortly after clearing 72 hours (or 66 hours if you took the shortcut).
    Farewell 🖖

Answers

• Options
    I think I read that it gets stuck if you don't recall it before it runs out of AM (and CS might take a while to help you with it) but it hasn't happened to me personally, so maybe it's better to wait for someone who knows for sure.
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    I think it hits an error if you make it to that next dilemma. I recommend recalling shortly after clearing 72 hours (or 66 hours if you took the shortcut).

Thanks. Will do that as I definitively don’t want it to risk getting stuck.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! I am doing a mega voyage and im nearing the 66 hour mark. I thought you just reached the "edge of the universe", saw blank text but were able to recall. If you get stuck it isnt worth it. Recalling!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Wait! You can go past 66. Especially if you didn't take the shortcuts. But if you took the shortcuts, then you can go to 67:59:59. Though, I recommend not cutting it that close. I would recall no later than 67:50.

Edit: Without shortcuts, I think you can safely go to 73:50, though I would recall sooner. I certainly wouldn't refill AM after 72 hours.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Shottcut????
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification but it's already on the way back. I was actually at 62 hours, but I reached my objective of finally getting Gov. Worf and have a good honor haul. Better not to worry too much about it. Still have over 20 tokens so I can do it again some day.

Thank goodness you already hit your goal. I would've felt TERRIBLE if you recalled too soon because of that one post. Also glad to hear that you can make another push soon. :)
    Shottcut????

There are three dilemmas that will preclude dilemma sequels. If you destroy the mystery substance, don't let the supposed agent use your ship, and tell the Trill to look for meaning elsewhere, then you will not get the second parts of those dilemmas, which allows you to complete a "full" voyage to get two of the other voyage-exclusive crew (Picard, Worf, McCoy, Guinan) and use less dilithium or fewer revival tokens.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification but it's already on the way back. I was actually at 62 hours, but I reached my objective of finally getting Gov. Worf and have a good honor haul. Better not to worry too much about it. Still have over 20 tokens so I can do it again some day.

Thank goodness you already hit your goal. I would've felt TERRIBLE if you recalled too soon because of that one post. Also glad to hear that you can make another push soon. :)
    Shottcut????

There are three dilemmas that will preclude dilemma sequels. If you destroy the mystery substance, don't let the supposed agent use your ship, and tell the Trill to look for meaning elsewhere, then you will not get the second parts of those dilemmas, which allows you to complete a "full" voyage to get two of the other voyage-exclusive crew (Picard, Worf, McCoy, Guinan) and use less dilithium or fewer revival tokens.

A corollary to this is to point out that you should always debate the Vedek every single time, because the dilemma that awards The Clown is not blocked by picking one of the other two responses. Even if you have already finished The Clown, 200 honor beats the 30 or 60 honor you would otherwise get every single time.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fleetmate had this situation recently. Like @Prime Lorca [10FH] pointed out the voyage got stuck. CS replaced all the voyage's loot though. I doubt they love to do that.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    A fleetmate had this situation recently. Like @Prime Lorca [10FH] pointed out the voyage got stuck. CS replaced all the voyage's loot though. I doubt they love to do that.

Thank you for confirmation!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭

Thank you for confirmation!

Yes. Decided not to risk it. Once I hit the second three-parter (at the 62 hr Mark), I recalled the voyage. I did not want to risk losing the loot. Even as is, the lag every time you open the voyage is nerve wreaking. I swear it can take 30 seconds to load it every single time!
  • Options
    Making my first attempt at this now. Currently at 1Day 20hrs with only 1 of the 3 parters even started. Lousy crew drops too so far, but we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Making my first attempt at this now. Currently at 1Day 20hrs with only 1 of the 3 parters even started. Lousy crew drops too so far, but we'll see how it goes.

Sorry to hear your luck. I'll be taking the plunge, too in about 3 or 4 weeks. Almost enough saved tokens. I wish you better success from here on.
  • Options

Sorry to hear your luck. I'll be taking the plunge, too in about 3 or 4 weeks. Almost enough saved tokens. I wish you better success from here on.

I hope to make a run around that time. It will depend upon the mega event schedule.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

I hope to make a run around that time. It will depend upon the mega event schedule.

I'm holding out hope for 5* crew to be added before I take a run. Maybe we will find out tomorrow.