Home The Bridge
Options

Maquis and Hirogen Ship are infuriating.

Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in The Bridge
Come on. Please either add a 5* maquis and Hirogen ship or remove them. Pretty please with a cherry on top!!!!

lfy5ij28infe.jpg

Got maquis on the alt as well. :(
dlbf0dkcef3n.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is more infuriating is getting the same Voyage ship & skills 30 times in a row! (And happens to be only 1 of 4 ships I do not have maxed. "Freighter") BAH!

I tried everything to get it to switch, until I realized I had the La Sirena (aka Freighter) on the screen as my ship. Once i changed that, the Voyage finally changed. I know it is not quite the same for Maquis & Hirogen, but perhaps just changing ship, then start/stopping a Voyage for a few seconds might fix that problem. I am definitely going to try that next time I see one of those ships come up.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    It would make sense if a fully built four star ship plus bonus provided (a little bit) more AM than any other fully upgraded five star ship. But the way it is now it's just annoying.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship traits without a 5* are cruel jokes.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 billion on this. :(
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea....Allow more than 1 voyage at a time, say maybe 3. 1 for 1 and 2 star ships, 1 for 3 and 4 star ships and 1 for 5 star ships. I have 291 crew on my active roster, 217 are 5* immortals and even with 1 voyage and 4 shuttles out, 190 of them are sitting around being useless.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad, that almost sounds like the framework for a voyage-based event. I’m intrigued. Not sure I’d want to run multiple parallel voyages as a daily option, but it might be interesting to try it in a limited duration event. Although... would we have to unfreeze 1* cards? 😯
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I agree that it is infuriating for more established players, but it is useful for newer captains who may only have the Val Jean to play with. It might be the difference between hitting the first dilemma or not.

Considering how even new players can get Borg cube in Dabo I am not sure how much help a Val Jean would be in voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It would make sense if a fully built four star ship plus bonus provided (a little bit) more AM than any other fully upgraded five star ship. But the way it is now it's just annoying.

+1 and cosigned.

I do not find it infuriating to wait 3m16s for a test flight (including recall) to the first reward, just to see if the server will shuffle the ship & crew traits on the next voyage. I do find it annoying if that doesn’t work after three attempts, though, but then I resign myself to an 8hr voyage & look forward to the next setup opportunity. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it is infuriating for more established players, but it is useful for newer captains who may only have the Val Jean to play with. It might be the difference between hitting the first dilemma or not.

My experience does not mean common, but I got a 5* ship from Dabo in my first two weeks, well before I had the Val Jean. It took me months to have a 4* ship. The worst 5* is better than the best of any other group.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Don't forget freighter as well we only have a 4* ship for that too. Time to bring in the Horizon.

also signing the petition.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have just been me then who had to wait about 8 months before I got my first 5* ship then :(
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have just been me then who had to wait about 8 months before I got my first 5* ship then :(

It’s not just you. It takes newer players MUCH longer to get their first maxed 5* ship than it did for earlier players. Arena used to feature the same 5* ship for several months in a row. This is one of the issues I raised in the first TP survey.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my best Hirogen ship too! They must have a lot if extra ablative armor.

I have 12 5* traits left to max, so I'm not terribly affected by Maquis, Hirigen, or Freighter. But i can see why more advanced rosters would find them aggravating.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got Maquis. It really takes the wind out of my sails for 24 hours
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that irks me about Hirogen ships is that they appear very yellow on screen. Weren't they brown on the show?
  • Options
    12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Surprised we've gone this long with a lack of virtue signalling about the use of "infuriating" in the thread title and how this should be in Make It So.

Oops. :D

But seriously, just send a 30 sec voyage and reset the traits. It's annoying, but nowhere near the top 20 biggest game play issues.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised we've gone this long with a lack of virtue signalling about the use of "infuriating" in the thread title and how this should be in Make It So.

But seriously, just send a 30 sec voyage and reset the traits. It's annoying, but nowhere near the top 20 biggest game play issues.

The quick voyage doesn’t work unless it’s trait change time. You’re stuck with it for 24 hours

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

The quick voyage doesn’t work unless it’s trait change time. You’re stuck with it for 24 hours

I'll have to pay closer attention then. I could've sworn I've seen it reset trait in addition to primary and secondary skills.

150 anti-matter bonus = ~6 minutes voyage time?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have to pay closer attention then. I could've sworn I've seen it reset trait in addition to primary and secondary skills.

150 anti-matter bonus = ~6 minutes voyage time?

Sometimes at the trait change time it doesn’t change. That’s when it may take a few short ones to change it but eventually it will work then. I believe that 150 AM is underestimated. Say you have 50 AM left. If you hit a non- golf/silver hazard you are done. If the next 5 are gold or silver and you pass them you added another 8 or so minutes to that time. 14 extra minutes could be the difference between hitting the next dilemna and missing it. I know I’ve had plenty crap out within that time frame

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

more often than not, my traits don't change for DAYS on end. I'm in my 5th day of the same repeated ship, traits & skills combo. That is truly infuriating!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options

Voyage trait + skills didn't reset after return this morning:
    mzo049kr8yib.png

So I sent a quick voyage:
    tqbgwvyosh0x.png

To make sure it wasn't because the previous voyage might have been running through reset, I tried again:
    x088hzjerq9p.png

So that's three ship trait + primary & secondary skill changes in under an hour.

A couple of caveats to this from previous experience:
    • 30 second voyages work for resetting, but I typically have more luck getting a trait + skill reset when I run a voyage for around 5-6 minutes. Why that long? No idea.
    • It doesn't always reset even after sending 3-4 short voyages in a row

Many players seem to bristle at my contention that this game is buggy as f-duck, but if voyage trait + skill reset behavior doesn't serve as a prime example of this, I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    Yes, that extra 150 AM to start is quite helpful, but only on 2500 AM 5* ships
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • Options
    .•°rÅTT°•..•°rÅTT°•. ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Amazing that the Val Jean STILL after all this time, says that Chakotay crashed it into the Caretaker's Array.
  • Options
    So... next event a skirmish with a new 4* Tholian ship. I can assume the grateful crowd can expect to see a new Tholian voyage trait asap?