Home The Holodeck

Comic book movie fans!!!!!

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Bill & Ted Face the Music this Summer. One of my favorite comic book movie series a lot of people do not know is from a comic book.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoot. Forgot the video, and we can't edit.

https://youtu.be/hThcaL27ckU

At the end of the trailer, Keanu & Alex also did a special graduation message for the 2020 class from the real San Dimas High School.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Since the comics have been mentioned here, I thought I'd speak up. The Bill & Ted comics were adapted from the films around the time Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey was released...so, after the animated series but before the live-action series. Marvel called it Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book, and the 12-issue run was met with very mixed reviews. Some readers found it to be fun, and the title was even nominated for an Eisner award. Other readers felt that it failed to capture the essence of Bill & Ted, and that it shouldn't be included within that canon. I remember seeing Alex Winter plugging the second movie on Letterman, when the subject of the comic book came up. He expressed disappointment in the adaptation, and apologetically said to the audience "They really missed the boat on this one, folks."

For what my opinion might be worth, the comics are still worth checking out if you're a major Bill & Ted fan. Even though they never quite achieve the vibe the writers were going for, these books do have a certain level of entertainment all their own...I'd compare them to other 90's Marvel adaptations such as Beavis & Butt-Head or Ren & Stimpy Show. But if you're seriously jonesing for a literary Bill & Ted experience, you'll get more out of reading the mini-series published just within the last few years. Boom! Comics has now released three minis: Bill and Ted's Most Triumphant Return (2015), Bill and Ted Go to Hell (2016), and Bill and Ted Save The Universe (2017). All are available for purchase as individual TPBs, or collected together into an omnibus edition.
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III