Home Make It So!
Options

Would increasing ship levels be viable?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Make It So!
So playing a little on my newb account an idea popped in my head, first reaction was to suppress it in Captain Mainwaring fashion, but on further contemplation I don't think it is as bad as first instinct told me.

The idea Increasing ship levels to say 15 levels instead of just 10.

The PROS
More AM for voyages, Schematics become useful again to max all 5* ships, Arena/Packs/Dabo etc therefore become of more value and reward as a result. There aren't many ill effects except maybe the pain of having rep/discarded so many schematics in the past. Skirmishes aren't or don't have to be affected by this change necessarily.

CONS
The only cons I can see as such is more grind / and the fact highlighted above of having already disposed of countless schematics previously.
Perhaps a strain on Inventory again holding on to more schematics?

Items to consider what should be the required number of schematics per level and what would be the stat increases (HULL/DAMAGE/ACCURACY/EVASION):
Level 11
Level 12
Level 13
Level 14
Level 15

What are your thoughts, discuss.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I think this would be terrible for the Arena. There are plenty people who have replicator rations at max, so they do not replicate schematics away. Worst case would be that some could instantly max out some ships while the rest of us would need years to catch up.

Against it.

/edit: I would be fine with it though if after the current cap only AM was increased but no other stats.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still in favor of a Shipyard. Similar to a Starbase, rooms to allow for increases in various ship attributes. Perhaps increases in attack, defense, shields, hull, antimatter and evasion.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be terrible for the Arena. There are plenty people who have replicator rations at max, so they do not replicate schematics away. Worst case would be that some could instantly max out some ships while the rest of us would need years to catch up.

Against it.

/edit: I would be fine with it though if after the current cap only AM was increased but no other stats.

I don't think it would be that terrible for arena, arena is stale enough at the moment at least having schematics to shoot for would be something, there are many ways to get more schematics (dabo, packs, voyages, even gauntlet rewards yielding packs, daily logins, Arena etc) and we are only adding 5 new levels, as I say Topics for debate would be how many schematics per level/what stat increases there could be increasing hull and shield and evasion perhaps rather than an increase on offensive stats and would a slight damage increase make much of a difference to the heavy hitters in any case.
    Also if also if ships remain relatively easy or quick to max then it makes things stagnant and stale in general.

It's funny about the replicator because schematics is usually my go to rather than the rations because they are easier to get my inventory numbers down and serve absolutely no use once a ship is maxed.

On a further thought new ships introduced would perhaps be the most impacted by this change but this could be offset by circulating more schematics to begin with or throughout when they are released in the portal or arena reward etc. All of these things considered I am sure a balance can be found.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I like the idea in principle, I could see it very much unbalance both the arena and Skirmish events towards veterans and high spenders for some time after the change. Right now, someone who only has one 5* ship at level 10 can likely hang in pretty well with someone who has all 5* ships at level 10...if the cap is suddenly bumped to 15, people with this:

xqjbervla66o.png

will be at level 15 right away and the rest will be left in their dust.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I like the idea in principle, I could see it very much unbalance both the arena and Skirmish events towards veterans and high spenders for some time after the change. Right now, someone who only has one 5* ship at level 10 can likely hang in pretty well with someone who has all 5* ships at level 10...if the cap is suddenly bumped to 15, people with this:

xqjbervla66o.png

will be at level 15 right away and the rest will be left in their dust.

Thanks for the living proof of what I meant.

Like I said before, only adding AM would be ok and something to look forward to on the long run, but not higher stats.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Maybe a shipyard would be better, where you can use (maybe schematics?) to build up stats. Do you mean build the ATK, ACC, EVD stats, or the actual numerical stats in that idea? I'd lean toward the latter.

Ship levels could potentially be adjusted in the future, but the concerns raised about that make sense.
    Best,
    Nauti

Level 99; VIP 14
    Crew immortalized = 869
    Common Crew: 27/27, Uncommon Crew: 54/54, Rare Crew: 89/89, Super Rare Crew: 370/375, Legendary Crew: 363/454
    Pending collections = Klingon
  • Options
    Maybe a shipyard would be better, where you can use (maybe schematics?) to build up stats. Do you mean build the ATK, ACC, EVD stats, or the actual numerical stats in that idea? I'd lean toward the latter. [/quote]

I like this idea MetalnauticAdmiral! Or just like shuttlebays add another phaser bank or tordepo tube or shield generator etc.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine with adding Antimatter and at most +1 Attack, Accuracy, Evasion for each ship in a shipyard.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")