Home The Bridge

Crew that makes you feel nostalgic

MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got a Zahl Ambassador from a 10 hour dilemma, and he made me feel nostalgic.
He was one of my first (if not the very first, not sure) event purples where I managed to get 4 copies of from his Galaxy event. At that time I just had discovered the BB, and it was beyond me how this (subjectively in my situation) amazingly useful crew could be ranked that low (it was worse than 10 I think, but I do not know for sure any more). He was my best DIP for weeks if not months and went on shuttles constantly, often even on voyages.

Now he is long forgotten in the freezer, where perhaps he will rest from his heavy duty for the rest of all time. But getting him always lets me remember that time, and airlocking him always makes me kind of sad.

Which crew makes you nostalgic and why?
Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.

Comments

• For me it’s Drone 7 - my very first purple immo. Arachnia Janeway - first gold I ever got. :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintakan Troi - if not my first immortalized SR, definitely the best one. I won't airlock her. She's also from one of those early episodes of TNG that I used to watch with my dad. Unfortunately, I've only got that first copy, plus a 2/4 started.

Sniper Ezri gets honorable mention. She was useful early on. Back when I thought it was a good use of honor to cite rares. So, so long ago.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I always get a bit sniffly when I see 1* Desert Ezri Dax. She was my first immortalized card & avatar for months.

Honorable mention: 007Bashir, who was my first 5* card ever. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gorgeous and athletic Private Sasha Money. My very first Immortal......

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idrin was the first crew in immortalized that wasn’t 1* or 2*. That 480 SEC base, in the days before bonuses from collections and starbases, was huge for me early and thinking of how I was able to clear so many away team mission nodes with ease compared to the 2* crew I had at the time brings back fond memories.

On the flip side, Defiant Commander Worf was the bane of my existence in the early days of the gauntlet. My Mirror Kirk, who was somewhat useful as a gauntlet crew around that time, got dominated seemingly every time he went up against Worf (who was quite serviceable as a regular gauntleteer back then) no matter what their respective crit chances were. That carried over to T’Kuvma when he displaced Mirror Kirk as my go-to COM/SEC gauntleteer...Worf punched way above his weight class for no discernible reason. To put the cherry on top of this fail cake, a year or so after Worf stopped being remotely powerful enough for regular use, I ended up with Enabran Tain or Mirror Picard facing off against Worf in a battle shortly after a new gauntlet started...and I still lost thanks to some unfortunate critical hits by Worf. I doubt I will get matched up against him again but I am steering well clear if I do.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stories.

Sadly, I do not even remember my first immortal. Tourist Jadzia perhaps.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • The Professor was my first ever gold. Still only have him at 2*. And Mirror Uhura was my first immo 4*. Feels like when I get a straight drop in a pack she is the one far more than anyone else. But I almost never see her in a behold.
  • I'm two days shy of my first anniversary playing. This helps me remember.

First Purple: Hippocrates Noah
    First Legendary: Determined Janeway

First Common Immortal: Sulu
    First Immortal & First Immortal Green: Sato
    First Immortal Blue: Ezri Dax
    First Immortal Purple: Resolute Chakotay
    First Immortal Legendary: High Roller Sisko

Captain Kirk of [Battleship Musashi]
    Playing since June 14th, 2019
    Captain Level 80 / VIP 12
    Crew Quarters: 241/270
    Immortalized [436]: 5* x30, 4* x239, 3* x89, 2* x53, and 1* x27
    Most recent Immortal: Deral (4/4)
    Current Project: Waiting for sale with 680k Honor
    Completed Collections: Eugenics, Daystrom, Romulan, Ferengi, Do No Harm, Veteran, EV Suit, Rare, Uncommon and Common
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gorgeous and athletic Private Sasha Money. My very first Immortal......

Don't remember my 2 🌟 and 3 🌟 Immortals, but Marla McGivers was my first for SuperRare and Gunshow Picard for Legendaries.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Immo Green - Away team Archer
    First immo blue - T'Pol
    First immo purple - Klingon O'Brien
    First immo gold - Mirror Picard

First Gauntlet "beast" - Mirror Troi (she was really powerful when she was new)

First gold won as a top 1500 finish - Behind Enemy Lines Sisko
    First gold won as a top 1500 and then immo through citation - humbled Archer
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reinforcement Stamets - I started playing during his event, and he's also my favorite Disco character.

My first begold begat The One Lore, so I have a weird affinity for him. He's sitting at three stars and will never get a citation, but...he's cool I guess. I still wonder who I chose him over.
  • Season 1 Geordi took me right back to age 8.
  • Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    I remember my first begold I chose Gowron over FO Burnham as I just didn't like her character :blush:. Gowron was my main gauntlet option for a long time and I've never had him show up in a behold since (unlike FO Burnham) so it turned out being the right choice through dumb luck.

I think EV Suit Tucker was my first super rare as I made him my avatar, he was very early on anyway. Only took another two years to immortalise him.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I had mentioned this in another thread, but my first gold was Wrathful Khan. Back then I thought, since he was such an iconic character and part of the story, that he was a pre-programmed Behold option for everyone off their first 10x Premium Pull. Just lucky, I suppose - in any event he was a major workhorse for me for quite some time before the creep got him.

In any case, Wrath of Khan is by far my favorite movie and the film many agree saved the franchise, or at least gave it a much needed boost. And the character was my first cosplay at a Comic-Con, so he'll always have a special place in my Hell's heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6mry5sgs44
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t remember my first immortal card but 2 that make me feel nostalgic are Captain (Coffee) Janeway and Borg Queen. Captain Janeway was the first purple card I got all 4 copies of as she was the in the daily rewards for the first 4 months of this game. The Borg Queen was my first legendary immortal, getting the 4 copies from the first mega then saving all that honor to get the final cite.
  • The following make me nostalgic:

Bashir, Julian Bashir, my first Legendary Immortal
    Captain Proton Paris, my first Super Rare Immortal
    Commander Chekov, my first Rare Immortal and my strongest Diplomacy for quite awhile (back in the first few months of the game going live)
    Security Chief Worf, my first uncommon Immortal and my strongest Security for awhile too.

And Finally Corat Damar, the only card in the game I was ever first to immortalize. Being that I'm not willing to spend enough to repeat that feat, it is a near certainty it will be my only one. Back in the first few months of the game, there was a bit of a gold rush to be the first to max a character and there were a lot of 1 & 2 stars to be immortalized, before they were even called immortalized.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I semi-apologize for hijacking this thread.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    It is not nostalgia, but Locutus is the only crew for which I have a real emotional attachment. After months and months of having him bash my brains in over and over and over and over in Gauntlet I made it my mission to win a copy for myself. I bent my entire daily game system to this for months, and I slowly made progress to chase down that 20K achievement copy, refined my strategies, learned from mistakes, and slowly ramped up my intensity until I was burning threw hundreds of rounds per day. When i finally got a copy of Locutus...there are no words, but I had to sit down for a few minutes because it was just too powerful to process.

I cheered for you that day. I know what it took, and I admired you for your determination. LLAP 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust